Cyberpunk 2077 — Our Commitment to Quality

+
Those tweets just confirm what i said, they OPERATED in the "positive" numbers.
Which means their company was profitable for them AFTER all costs.

So quite baffling then they decided to do something like this. Usually as profit declared is only the money
that is after you paid all the bills, more than half a million after taxes? Before a major game release?

Hah... yeah... what i said stands then. You are right though, no one of us customers here has the full
picture, however for me personally i can take a rly good "educated guess" on this.

I just feel sorry for the devs themself, i clearly have the feeling CDPR lost their way.

Those tweets just confirm what i said, they OPERATED in the "positive" numbers.
Which means their company was profitable for them AFTER all costs.

So quite baffling then they decided to do something like this. Usually as profit declared is only hte money
that is after you paid all the bills, more than half a million after taxes? Before a major game release?

Hah... yeah... what i said stands then. You are right though, no one of us customers here has the full
picture, however for me personally i can take a rly good "educated guess" on this.

I just feel sorry for the devs themself, i clearly have the feeling CDPR lost their way.

While I want to agree with you that it's more based on principle than monetary issues, I don't know.

It doesn't make sense and there must be more to it :).

Perhaps, or better quite certainly there is more to it.
Really a shame i can't hopp in my suit and ask them myself.
(given ofc i would even get a appointment to a meeting) lol

Hi, after buying n getting refund from this beta version of the software cyberpunk 2077 still under developpement for xbox one n announced with the fake denomination of game ,i d like to know :
1 is xbox one have for main location to use software ready to be manufactured n release as game for the mass public , to play music and movie CD ,DVD ,blue ray
2 Is subscriprion is needed for this
3 What agreement from microsoft is needed to sell a game ( for the editor productor distributor of software)
4 What are the standard of quality assurance needed for a software to be sold on the microsoft console as "xbox one game"
5 is there some international standard for a software to be sold as game for console,n what are they ?
6 what is the responsability of the editor productor distributor of the console microsoft about what is sold on the device xbox one as game
7 what is a preview version
8 Why do u need to collect data ? Who are the support devellopment tester ,n additonnal tester for the xbox one software
9 How can i know when the software will be ready to be sold as game ?
10 Don t wait for matrix IV to finish the software n boost the sell
Thx?

Hi, after buying n getting refund from this beta version of the software cyberpunk 2077 still under developpement for xbox one n announced with the fake denomination of game ,i d like to know :
1 is xbox one have for main location to use software ready to be manufactured n release as game for the mass public , to play music and movie CD ,DVD ,blue ray
2 Is subscriprion is needed for this
3 What agreement from microsoft is needed to sell a game ( for the editor productor distributor of software)
4 What are the standard of quality assurance needed for a software to be sold on the microsoft console as "xbox one game"
5 is there some international standard for a software to be sold as game for console,n what are they ?
6 what is the responsability of the editor productor distributor of the console microsoft about what is sold on the device xbox one as game
7 what is a preview version
8 Why do u need to collect data ? Who are the support devellopment tester ,n additonnal tester for the xbox one software
9 How can i know when the software will be ready to be sold as game ?
10 Don t wait for matrix IV to finish the software n boost the sell
Thx?
You might have more luck contacting microsoft rather than write on a game forum.

Nah... i don t think so, the Netflix show gave them quite the boost, it is like i stated. There was NO reason
except for the obvious one, to do this. GoG was succesfull 2019 and even more so 2020 as far as i have
seen it. There was NO reason to burn through their good will and reputation they build up ever since
Witcher 2 days. Also, can it be that you intentionally oversee the massive preorders CP77 had? Hm?
Even now CP77 is not a financial disaster, i hope, for those who are the driving force behind this launch.
It is "dissapointing in the numbers" despite being a success financially. (yes games these days are always
behind the projected "expectations" aye?) This course of actions will impact CD Projekt Red even more in
the long run, specially with my generation of video game players.

Ofc, all we can do as outsiders, is assuming and i think we all know far to well HOW it looks.
Aye? Anyhow, all in all, i don t see any economic reason why they did it. Not when it was officially
stated that Witcher 3 got quite the sold copies when the netflix show launched aka afterwards.
As well as the massive preorders of CP77, i just don t see the URGENT reason to launch it.
Well ofc (as i stated) for the obvious one)

The future i expect to see for CD Projekt Red, makes me sad, because i have witnessed such tendecies
already, several times during my 30 years of a video game player. Ofc i am open to stand corrected in
that assumption here.

you guys act as if delaying again wasn't also burning through their reputation? The game was already delayed 7 months, Its not a situation where infinite delay is acceptable. before cyberpunk came out, the story was cyberpunk2077 is a failure, its never coming out, vaporware, etc.

Hindsight, you can look at the results, and try the other path, but before, they probably did believe they could fix old Gen in the time frame. By the time they knew it'd be a gamble, they had already committed to a release. Based on the patches since release, it doesn't seem like things get fixed, just because they think they found the problem.

you guys act as if delaying again wasn't also burning through their reputation? The game was already delayed 7 months, Its not a situation where infinite delay is acceptable. before cyberpunk came out, the story was cyberpunk2077 is a failure, its never coming out, vaporware, etc.

Hindsight, you can look at the results, and try the other path, but before, they probably did believe they could fix old Gen in the time frame. By the time they knew it'd be a gamble, they had already committed to a release. Based on the patches since release, it doesn't seem like things get fixed, just because they think they found the problem.

If they would have delayed it again, lets say to the "traditional release date in Mai" yes i genuindly think CD Projekt Red
wouldn't have burned through their repuation like this, sure it would have made some community members angry.
But ultimatively, the sentiment was, take your time, finish the game, so that we can have that vision you showed
us in 2018 and 2019. (yes with all the cut content and systems they announced)

This decision, was like a nuke to their reputation. To be clear how DEEP that trustbreak does go. (on a personal level)
I did NEVER preorder games, in 30 years of being a video game player I NEVER preordered any game.
There was ONE exception, after Witcher 1 i preordered from CD Projekt Red. That trust is gone, rightout even felt
betrayed, but i think i was bound to learn that lesson as well, after giving in on ordering upfront. It just took longer
than for all the others that got already burned like this. Also what it does make even WORSE is the fact, that i can not
see WHY they did it. (outside of the obvious reason ofc)

Also what you mention was memeing about CP77, heck even i did the vaporware joke, despite knowing better.
Not assuming no i DID KNOW better in 2019. So yeah... you need to distinguish between that.

But i get it, that is what this community becomes and that is quite the bad feeling(s) i get there.

The game is great to play. Hopefully they can fix problems with HDR settings from in game settings for all platforms and consoles.

They should add more international race backgrounds and multilingual languages for creating characters for all platforms and home consoles.

Now I agree with the overall sentiment in your post, it's just as baffling to me.

There's a few points that I feel I need to touch upon, now bare in mind I don't know the full picture so I'm just piecing information together for a rough estimate.

That's for 2019:

And this is for 2020:

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/investors/result-center/

Bare in mind the second one is in PLN, in dollars it's about a third of the actual sum.

Now The Witcher 3 as well as it sold based on the Netflix influx, it was rarely or never sold at full price, and people went for the GOTY edition which excludes extra payments for expansions and season passes.

Considering they invested as much as 330 million dollars into Cyberpunk 2077 with the help of government funds I think financial and investor pressure is a real thing we might need to consider.

I could also be misinterpreting the sitch though, and I hope this post doesn't get deleted lolz.

Those numbers aren't nearly as rosy as they may appear.

$17 million profit isn't all that much to keep going forward when you look at all their operating expenses. Witcher 3 money has got to be drying up - the Switch was probably the last real boost they had. Hard to get preorders if the release date is still six months or more out.

Eight years to produce the game and it gets rushed out at the end :(

A stickied post #270 from the What do you expect from THAT patch 1.2 thread / presuppositionfest would be sure handy around about now.

Those numbers aren't nearly as rosy as they may appear.

$17 million profit isn't all that much to keep going forward when you look at all their operating expenses. Witcher 3 money has got to be drying up - the Switch was probably the last real boost they had. Hard to get preorders if the release date is still six months or more out.

Eight years to produce the game and it gets rushed out at the end :(

Yeah, that's why I feel like they didn't have a choice really.

Seedy PR have educated me in terms of their values and practices. So, there's no reason to expect anything at all.

I certainly don't expect them to stick to their word, why would I?

According to them, the first two major patches were going to fix most, if not all, of the major issues on consoles. So far, AFAIK, 1.1 fixed very, very little - and even added some issues.

I'm assuming 1.2 will be something similar.

If they're ever going to "fix" CP2077 - it will take years. Given their values, the only reason they would do that is if they see some kind of profit in it.

I'm not sure that's the case at this point.

They will never - ever - regain their original reputation in the industry.

Seedy PR have educated me in terms of their values and practices. So, there's no reason to expect anything at all.

I certainly don't expect them to stick to their word, why would I?

According to them, the first two major patches were going to fix most, if not all, of the major issues on consoles. So far, AFAIK, 1.1 fixed very, very little - and even added some issues.

I'm assuming 1.2 will be something similar.

If they're ever going to "fix" CP2077 - it will take years. Given their values, the only reason they would do that is if they see some kind of profit in it.

I'm not sure that's the case at this point.

They will never - ever - regain their original reputation in the industry.

I am surprised people are still raging about this, especially considering the wide availability of refunds. I get that people are disappointed, but is is realistic to have an expectation that every game needs to work on your ancient tech? Perhaps developers should stop trying to make a new gen game compatible with inferior platforms altogether .. maybe then old gen playstation players will accept the need to upgrade

Many people have already played this through on pc as well as old and new xbox. It is already an excellent game. CD Projekt Red have provided several hotfixes and are promising more, as well as free DLC as they did with the Witcher.

There is no loss of their original reputation as far as I am concerned. They have done an excellent job and produced a compelling, complex game that fully lived up to expectations.

...but is is realistic to have an expectation that every game needs to work on your ancient tech?

Many people have already played this through on pc as well as old and new xbox. It is already an excellent game. CD Projekt Red have provided several hotfixes and are promising more, as well as free DLC as they did with the Witcher.

There is no loss of their original reputation as far as I am concerned. They have done an excellent job and produced a compelling, complex game that fully lived up to expectations.
If they sell the game on that "ancient tech" at full price, then: yes, it is realistic to expect it to work.

They are promising more fixes. That's good. They also promised a fully functioning game before release so maybe their promises are not worth that much, after all? Just a thought.

If you think this game fully lived up to your expectations, that only tells us you really need to have higher expectations. If you ever buy a game where shooting water will make splashes it will blow your mind!

Top Bottom