Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
I have a similar problem using a Xeon X5460.
In my case, I cannot even launch the game.
I already tried the hexadecimal fix, without any result.
In both cases, I get EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION error.
My procesor has SSE4.1
Is it enough, or is SSE4.2 required?

This is a Xeon based on Core-Architecture for socket 771, similar to CPUs like Core 2 Quad Q6600 for socket 775.

Could be that you really need SSE 4.2 which is first intruduced with its successor, the Xeon based on Nehalem-Architecture for socket 1366.

Hey guys,

I had the" Whoa! Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined" issue and couldn't even get passed the launcher. I tried everything out there as a solution, drivers reinstall, cache clearing, etc. nothing worked. I spotted a post on reddit where someone said they switched their DP cable for an HDMI cable and that fixed it for them.

So for those of you that get the same error and do use a DP cable for your monitor, try to switch that to an HDMI and see if you can launch the game. I did't actually believe this would work but it did lol, hope that helps you as well.

maybe some stuff is avx based but i dont think thats relevant on a 7700k,
same spot trying to hack/scan the screen,

Attachments

• Cyberpunk2077.exe-20201210-154033-2424-4500.txt
    4.7 KB · Views: 157
  • screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    193 KB · Views: 168
  • report.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 114
  • stacktrace.txt
    265 bytes · Views: 105
  • CP2077 nutshell.jpg
    CP2077 nutshell.jpg
    758.8 KB · Views: 426
hi, can someone help me? when i go to press play it fails to sync to the cloud and the game does not start, what should i do? i am desperate

Game crashing on old CPUs: possible fix

If you happen to have an old CPU you maybe having this crash:

Expression: EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xC000001D)

The game is trying to use a feature you don’t have: AVX.

At the beginning playing corpo when you sit it crashes. A possible temporal solution while they fix this issue is to remove this part of code:

Edit Cyberpunk2077.exe with a hexadecimal editor and search for

554881ECA00000000F2970E8

Change the first byte to C3 (return from the function):

C34881ECA00000000F2970E8

Please note this fix is extremely simplistic and naïve. Moreover, it could crash the game later. This change seems to fix this crash and you can continue playing the game. I have only tested a few minutes more.

FAQ: Why are they using AVX?

They are not doing it on purpose, it is probably the default configuration of the compiler.
Seem work for now! Can you explain how you understand the change is here?

Technical support contacted me and said they are working on a fix for the issue but none available at the moment but here are the some methods that have worked for some.
We are currently investigating crashes that happen on launch. If you are experiencing this issue, please follow the steps below:
1. Please make sure that you have undergone the troubleshooting listed in this article.
2. Verify integrity of game cache.
3. If the above doesn't help, reinstall the game.
4. Launch directly from the Cyberpunk2077.exe file which can be found at:

GOG Galaxy:
1. Choose the game from the 'Owned games' tab.
2. Click 'Customize' button (to the right of "Play" button) > Manage installation > Show Folder
3. Go to ‘bin’ -> ‘x64’ -> ‘Cyberpunk2077.exe’

Steam:
1. Choose the game in Library and click on ‘Manage’ button on the right side
2. Choose Properties -> Local Files -> Browse local files
3. Go to ‘bin’ -> ‘x64’ -> ‘Cyberpunk2077.exe’

Epic Games:
The .exe file can found by default in: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64

If you met all the troubleshooting steps, please use the 'Send report' button in the Crash Reporter.

However if none of those methods you are not alone. Tens of thousands are now reporting this known issue and technical support states two weeks minimum before a permanent solution can be found for the problem. SO if you can hang in there for another 2 weeks at least you may be able to play the game then. If not you can always ask for a refund which they will gladly give you gog.com currency not your original REAL money.

Hey guys,

I had the" Whoa! Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined" issue and couldn't even get passed the launcher. I tried everything out there as a solution, drivers reinstall, cache clearing, etc. nothing worked. I spotted a post on reddit where someone said they switched their DP cable for an HDMI cable and that fixed it for them.

So for those of you that get the same error and do use a DP cable for your monitor, try to switch that to an HDMI and see if you can launch the game. I did't actually believe this would work but it did lol, hope that helps you as well.

OOo, that was a great shout. Unfortunately, I tried it and made no difference to me. Still crashing on the logo on startup.

Today I was able to progress in the game till the character creator screen. Then the game crashed and, afterwards, I wasn't able to restart it anymore. The game simply crashed with the dreaded 'Game has flatlined' message while displaying the CDPR logo.

Since the game worked for me the first time, it had to be some file the game was leaving on the hard disk. It turned out that, if you open the directory;

C:\Users\ (your login name)\AppData\Local|CD Proejct Red\Cyberpunk 2077

Deleting the files in this directory solved the issue and the game was able to start afterwards.

I hope it helps as it helped me

This Worked, however I still crash as soon as character creation starts

Anyone else getting the NVIDIA driver crashing issue? I get to the menu fine, through character creation just fine. (I picked the corpo start) I get to the "Hey V.." line and BAM! Desktop. Complete flatline.

I've disabled (and outright removed if possible) any software that might be able to do any sort of overlay over the game. (I had to disable GOG's overlay just to be able to get to the main menu.)
I've tried re-installing the display driver (wiped and then reinstalled according to the instructions on the tech support site).
I've tried rolling back to the prior display driver. (couldn't even get to the menu with that one, so I rolled back forward to the current driver.)
I've tried limiting it to 30FPS. (no difference)
I've tried deleting the \Appdata\Local\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077 directory. (no apparent difference)

I'm at my wits end. Did I pre-order this for 10+ months, just to get a download of the soundtrack? It's good, but I was kinda expecting.. you know, a GAME for my money.
Any advice people?

EDIT: Street kid start worked fine up until I left the bar, then crashed with EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xC000001D)

Attachments

• cp2077 kernel msg.jpg
    cp2077 kernel msg.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 200
Last edited:
That is all because this is multiple threads merged together that these issues get mixed up, but i still believe they might be somewhat related. There are people like me who can't launch the game at all and have the AVX support, and people who crash in specific locations whose CPU do not support AVX. the thing is however, that in both cases the error that can be seen has identical structure. That's why i believe it suggests that it is not ONLY wether AVX is supported or no, but something more within the games engine that messes it up. I might be wrong and they may be completely differen issues, but as I said the error messeges look almost the same. And if you look at the thing posted by the support team they are "currently investigating crashes that happen on launch." Which happens to be the issue i have and i have a CPU with AVX support. So that's why i believe they have found a issue within the games engine and not just the support issue
You're right , I guess we'll just have to wait a couple of days for a proper patch fixing most of these issues.

If it crashes in the launcher - сheck windows version. Dont work on 1607. I just download 20H2 and this work.
Sorry for my google translation english.

Если крашится при запуске проверьте версию винды, на 1607 не работает, накатил новою и запустилась. М.б. кому-нить поможет.

Guys I was having this issue also. Please keep in mind that the game only accepts Windows 7 or 10. I was on Windows 8.1 and had to upgrade to Windows 10. This solved my issue.

I had same problem, I recorded tutorial how to fix it, I'm using steam version, it works 100% Geldregen on youtube search for tutorial, trust me guys if this works for me it will work for everyone

Game crashing on old CPUs: possible fix
If you happen to have an old CPU you maybe having this crash:

Expression: EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xC000001D)

The game is trying to use a feature you don’t have: AVX.

At the beginning playing corpo when you sit it crashes. A possible temporal solution while they fix this issue is to remove this part of code:

Edit Cyberpunk2077.exe with a hexadecimal editor and search for

554881ECA00000000F2970E8
Change the first byte to C3 (return from the function):
C34881ECA00000000F2970E8

Please note this fix is extremely simplistic and naïve. Moreover, it could crash the game later. This change seems to fix this crash and you can continue playing the game. I have only tested a few minutes more.

FAQ: Why are they using AVX?

They are not doing it on purpose, it is probably the default configuration of the compiler.
The work around in this worked for me as well. HOWEVER...
1. It is a LITERAL HACK: You are editing game executable code to make something different. As the poster said, this cannot be stressed enough: DO NOT EXPECT IT TO WORK 100% ALL THE TIME OR GET CDPR SUPPORT. I would even go further and say, do not report crashes with your hacked exe. Because garbage in: garbage out.
2. hexadecimal editors online scrape your info and your browser would have a tough time editing a 70 meg text file. Of the ones online, looking up HxD hex editor led to a reliable, easy to use one that actually worked to paste the block of hex to search for.
3. BACKUP Cyberpunk2077.exe before editing. This should be common sense. However, it has been a good 15 years since this was common practice for consumers. So remember, make this backup by copy / pasting the Cyberpunk2077.exe somewhere outside of the games installed directory/folder. Like Documents/Home/Desktop. This way, when CDPR patches the game and complains about your hacked exe, or if your hack fails, you can replace it with a working one.

If it crashes in the launcher - сheck windows version. Dont work on 1607. I just download 20H2 and this work.
Sorry for my google translation english.

Если крашится при запуске проверьте версию винды, на 1607 не работает, накатил новою и запустилась. М.б. кому-нить поможет.
64ram
NVME
WIN10 LTSB 1607

Had the issue from yesterday, the logs said something about an unknown reason for gpu crash and one of the log files had the e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)
something about DirectX .
did everything a techie could think of even though all my other games running fine.
took another SSD installed win10 pro on it. and it works, even with default drivers that windows found for 1080 without issues.
so LTSB guys out there, were out of luck, ill check later today or tomorrow if it works on LTSC because thats what i intend to use if LTSB is too old.

need to add that it doesn't run on LTSB 1607 somewhere so ppl will notice it
also, this post contains different issues, need to separate those as well to those who crash at the start , and those with avx issues etc with different errors.

My game was crashing at launch. I solved it by runing compatibility mode for windows 7. It still crashes a lot during gameplay though

any one know how to fix this
View attachment 11073101
I keep get this.
Post automatically merged:

you had 8+ years to make cbpnk 2077. 4 delays and you still didn't get right, you put down other companies for lying. Don't tell me it was covid was only about a year. And know we the player wait a couple years for you to fix the game. You're no better than EA

Top Bottom