Cyberpunk 2077 PC Crash Issues

+
Out of nowhere the game now crashes on the main menu continue button. Also crashes when loading from a game save. Error message Cyberpunk Flatlined. The only thing that has changed recently is Epic Games was recently updated. Other games continue to work through.

Are you sure there hasn't been a Windows update? I haven't updated or installed anything between game sessions, only a Windows update, and now the game crashes all the time.

Same problem here.
I played the game for more than 100 hours without any problem.
Only funny bugs such as severed limbs still moving.

Now the game crashes after 5 minutes or when using a quick transport station.
These crashes started few days ago just after a Windows10 update.

Same problem here.
I played the game for more than 100 hours without any problem.
Only funny bugs such as severed limbs still moving.

Now the game crashes after 5 minutes or when using a quick transport station.
These crashes started few days ago just after a Windows10 update.
The Windows update seems to be the problem. I've seem several posts here and on Reddit where problems started a few days ago, right when the Windows 10 update came out.

This one:
January 12, 2021—KB4598242 (OS Builds 19041.746 and 19042.746)

Installed it on 14 januari. Before I could run the game for hours, now it crashes every 5 minutes or so.

Anybody with more info (or of course, a fix)?

The Windows update seems to be the problem. I've seem several posts here and on Reddit where problems started a few days ago, right when the Windows 10 update came out.

This one:
January 12, 2021—KB4598242 (OS Builds 19041.746 and 19042.746)

Installed it on 14 januari. Before I could run the game for hours, now it crashes every 5 minutes or so.

Anybody with more info (or of course, a fix)?

I was getting flatlines when loading saves, even though the saves were well under 5MB, and the crashes didn't start until 1.0.5 patch when, presumably, the save corruption bug had been fixed... and, I wasn't even able to start a new game until 1.0.6 (or possibly other recent driver update, etc.)... all leads me to believe the scope of that bug was broader than was originally reported.

That said, I am running the latest available versions of everything (drivers, BIOS, OS) including all the Windows updates/KBs. It's not likely the issue would be the OS patch, at least not by itself, as much as corruption or incompatibility with other components/drivers... You might try the usual integrity checks (memory, game install, etc.) and verify your Windows using the system file checker (sfc /scannow).

I was getting flatlines when loading saves, even though the saves were well under 5MB, and the crashes didn't start until 1.0.5 patch when, presumably, the save corruption bug had been fixed... and, I wasn't even able to start a new game until 1.0.6 (or possibly other recent driver update, etc.)... all leads me to believe the scope of that bug was broader than was originally reported.

That said, I am running the latest available versions of everything (drivers, BIOS, OS) including all the Windows updates/KBs. It's not likely the issue would be the OS patch, at least not by itself, as much as corruption or incompatibility with other components/drivers... You might try the usual integrity checks (memory, game install, etc.) and verify your Windows using the system file checker (sfc /scannow).

Thanks for the suggestion. I've checked integrity and there were indeed corrupted files that WRP managed to repair. I hope it will make a difference.

EDIT: Didn't solve a thing. Game still crashes/freezes after about 3 minutes of play. Game also crashes when loading the last autosave, but loads when using a manual save.

Seems like you had other problems, are they resolved? Can you play the game now?

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion. I've checked integrity and there were indeed corrupted files that WRP managed to repair. I hope it will make a difference.

EDIT: Didn't solve a thing. Game still crashes/freezes after about 3 minutes of play. Game also crashes when loading the last autosave, but loads when using a manual save.

Seems like you had other problems, are they resolved? Can you play the game now?

I can play the game now, and it's running without crashes, just the usual glitches. I was unable to play the game for several weeks over the holidays because I got bitten by the (or a) save corruption bug. I was unable to load any save (manual, auto or continue) and was unable to start a new game as well, so perhaps two problems were at play... I'm not sure what solved it for me, possibly a gpu driver update, but last week I was able to start a new game again. My other saves (all 50+) are likely lost even though they didn't conform to the reported save-corruption issue (file save >8MB, version < 1.0.4)... I would think/hope we're getting closer to a patch for these crash issues though.

i completed the entire game, with over 150 hours played with no issues ever. I think once or twice i had to reload a savegame that was it.

I upgraded from a 3900X to a 5950X which was fine for 5 days, then it started crashing every time i started the game, or sometimes after i loaded a save game.
The cpu was fine in all other games, apart from Far Cry 5 - i don't play far cry 5 anymore, i was just testign a bunch of different games ..

tried running everything at stock, even reinstalled windows and the game itself, different drivers etc.

Swapped back the old 3900X and had no issues.

Ordered a 5800X so we will see how that goes ..

-----

so, the 5800X works - but i cannot run 1900FCLK, so i might skip the whole AMD idea right now - as im a bit sore with all this shit-

game work tho, so thats good!

Last edited:
I came to this thread curious and am very surprised to see so many people having PC crashes,
I still didn't have one single crash in 260+ hours since 1.4, and playing it at full ultra + RT, so it's probably rig related problems.

Well ... I assume these problems might be "rig related" but no in terms of actual technical problem with the hardware. I believe that some of the crashes are related to issue with DX12 API . There must be sth wrong with the red engine. I have tested this like 100 times over. No other games I played crashed. Today I have finished a 3h GPU stress test MSI Kombustor based on Furmark that really strained the GPU - everything was stable- cooling was perfect, no problems with voltage etc.
I use watercooling on GPU and the radiator is outside of the case so temperature wise the maximum I get is 62 C . No crashes at all . Still I can't get CP to run stable on anything higher than MEDIUM pre-set with the dx12 API error code on line 40 whenever the GPU gets hit at 100%. There must be sth in Dx 12 API that causes problems with some of the cards older than Ampere ( Turing/ Pascal ) on high/ ultra settings- potentiaily some of the fireworks that come with DX 12.

The DPC WATCHDOG Violation blue screen is very dreaded error and to fix the errot Microsoft community suggested to replace the iastor.sys driver with the storahci.sys driver will fix DPC Watchdog Violation error.

So, follow the steps to do so:
  • Right-click the Start > choose Device Manager.
  • Then expand the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
  • Now choose the controller with SATA AHCI in its name (Standard SATA AHCI Controller).
  • Well to verify you’ve selected the right controller > right-click the controller > choose Properties > click the Driver tab, > Driver Details. And check that iastor.sys is a listed driver > click OK.
  • Next from the Driver tab > choose Update Driver.
  • Then choose Browse my computer for driver software.
  • And select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > choose Standard SATA AHCI Controller.
  • Click Next > Close > restart the PC.
Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...iolation/d295c21a-a59a-4271-b0d9-e8cdd2eddd56

Well ... I assume these problems might be "rig related" but no in terms of actual technical problem with the hardware. I believe that some of the crashes are related to issue with DX12 API . There must be sth wrong with the red engine. I have tested this like 100 times over. No other games I played crashed. Today I have finished a 3h GPU stress test MSI Kombustor based on Furmark that really strained the GPU - everything was stable- cooling was perfect, no problems with voltage etc.
I use watercooling on GPU and the radiator is outside of the case so temperature wise the maximum I get is 62 C . No crashes at all . Still I can't get CP to run stable on anything higher than MEDIUM pre-set with the dx12 API error code on line 40 whenever the GPU gets hit at 100%. There must be sth in Dx 12 API that causes problems with some of the cards older than Ampere ( Turing/ Pascal ) on high/ ultra settings- potentiaily some of the fireworks that come with DX 12.
Glad you remind me of this topic by replaying, I got my first and only crash so far like 2 days ago, I was in the map screen
and simply clicked on one of the blue destinations to teleport to and it crashed to desktop, other than that the only regular crashing I ever had is in Star Citizen, but that game is still in "early" alpha.

I do have GPU-Z, but normally use HWinfo. I have an uninterruptable power supply (UPS), also a newer one, upgraded to 1500VA/1000W (I had a 600W UPS, previously). I have it connected to my PC with a USB cable, and HWinfo can read the data coming from it, including battery charge and UPS load. I look at the UPS load to see how much power is being used, although it also includes my monitor (27" 1440p) and two external hard drives. Normally, it uses up to 500-600W, total. When I ran the OCCT PSU test, I saw it hit 660W. I'm not sure exactly how much it pulled while I ran the GPU test.

I just ran Timespy in stress test mode, no problems. I also use RTSS with HWinfo, and I can see my GPU Power was maxed at 380W while it was running. And my UPS reported a total UPS power draw of 550W ( my monitor and external HDDs are included in that, I assume). I cancelled the test after a few runs, because I forgot that it runs on a loop 20 times.

**And I just finished a Port Royal stress test. 99.8% Passed. 20 loops, no crashes. Same wattage readings.

***I just reseated my video card and unplugged/re-plugged all the power cables. I also blew out the PCIe slot for good measure. No idea if any of it helped, but it couldn't have hurt.

****Just ran OCCT's 3D Test again for a few minutes: no errors, no crashes, no restarts.

Well, that's happy news! If it's getting through the tests, and you're not seeing the situation in other games, lets check the dump logs. There should be a history that resulted in any form of BSoD, OS hang, crash, or system power-down/reboot. Simple steps here if you've never done it before.

The info, however, can be a bit thick to sift through. Sometimes, the error codes associated don't seem to have a clear description. With enough comparisons between different logs, though, you should be able to figure out what part of the OS is not happy when the reboot or hang occurs. (Now, I'm thinking it's either DirectX, some other MS Redistributable or API, or drivers.)

Sorry if I've asked this before, but what security software do you use and what level of Windows User Account Control setting do you have active? Also, I'm just confirming that the game is not installed anywhere under Program Files or Program Files(x86)?

Well, that's happy news! If it's getting through the tests, and you're not seeing the situation in other games, lets check the dump logs. There should be a history that resulted in any form of BSoD, OS hang, crash, or system power-down/reboot. Simple steps here if you've never done it before.

Well, in Event Viewer, I've only ever seen the Event ID 41 Kernel-Power error listed on those times when I had Cyberpunk running and my PC rebooted (and also that time it crashed/rebooted during OCCT's 3D test). It had only occurred on those times, though. I'm aware of when my PC reboots normally after Windows Updates, as it did last week. Normally I reboot it myself, but I had been away for a long while last Tuesday when Windows updated, and it rebooted, as scheduled, to complete the installation of the updates.

Anyway, I'm aware that Event ID 41 Kernel-Power is rather vague, but usually indicative of some kind of hardware issue, especially if the BugcheckParameter fields and other fields (under details) are blank, as they were for those occurrences. So...I'm not sure. Maybe all I needed was to make sure all my power cables were secure and my video card was seated properly again.

Sorry if I've asked this before, but what security software do you use and what level of Windows User Account Control setting do you have active? Also, I'm just confirming that the game is not installed anywhere under Program Files or Program Files(x86)?

I'm only using Windows Defender. A few years ago, I was using Avast, but it was interfering with too many things and becoming generally too bloated, so I just went with Defender, as it's all I really need for my uses. Also, this was another PC which used Avast; this current rig has been free of any other security software besides Microsoft's own.

My UAC is set to notify me but not to dim my desktop. I don't currently have the game set to run as admin. I suppose I could try that.

I've got the game installed on an NVMe drive, E:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Cyberpunk 2077 . Would it be better to move it to the root directory of that drive? I haven't had any issues with other games in deeper folders like this, on this drive or other drives outside of my system drive (or also my system drive).

Here, I'm guessing, might be a problem with DirectX 12. The game requires DX12. There's no workaround. (I've tried.)

If you haven't yet updated to Windows 10...now is the time.

I wasn't happy about it either. But -- now that I'm here -- it's really not bad. At all.

Code:
Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0xB978915A.
File: <Unknown>(0)
Version=1
EventType=REDEngineErrorReport
EventTime=0
ReportIdentifier=ffffffff-ffffffff-00000001-00000000
Sig[0].Name=StackHash
Sig[0].Value=0x0000000000000000
Sig[1].Name=ErrorReason
Sig[1].Value=Unhandled exception
Sig[2].Name=InternalVersion
Sig[2].Value=3.0.3217599 P4CL: 4158334 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Patch0Hotfix2
DynamicSig[1].Name=OS Version
DynamicSig[1].Value=10.0.19041.2.0.0.256.1
LoadedModule[0]=Cyberpunk2077.exe
LoadedModule[1]=ntdll.dll
LoadedModule[2]=KERNEL32.DLL
LoadedModule[3]=KERNELBASE.dll
LoadedModule[4]=apphelp.dll
LoadedModule[5]=AcLayers.DLL
LoadedModule[6]=msvcrt.dll
LoadedModule[7]=USER32.dll
LoadedModule[8]=win32u.dll
LoadedModule[9]=GDI32.dll
LoadedModule[10]=gdi32full.dll
LoadedModule[11]=msvcp_win.dll
LoadedModule[12]=ucrtbase.dll
LoadedModule[13]=SHLWAPI.dll
LoadedModule[14]=ADVAPI32.dll
LoadedModule[15]=sechost.dll
LoadedModule[16]=RPCRT4.dll
LoadedModule[17]=sfc.dll
LoadedModule[18]=WINSPOOL.DRV
LoadedModule[19]=sfc_os.DLL
LoadedModule[20]=AcGenral.DLL
LoadedModule[21]=ole32.dll
LoadedModule[22]=combase.dll
LoadedModule[23]=SHELL32.dll
LoadedModule[24]=USERENV.dll
LoadedModule[25]=MPR.dll
LoadedModule[26]=SspiCli.dll
LoadedModule[27]=IMM32.DLL
LoadedModule[28]=SETUPAPI.dll
LoadedModule[29]=cfgmgr32.dll
LoadedModule[30]=bcrypt.dll
LoadedModule[31]=WS2_32.dll
LoadedModule[32]=OLEAUT32.dll
LoadedModule[33]=VERSION.dll
LoadedModule[34]=XINPUT1_3.dll
LoadedModule[35]=dbghelp.dll
LoadedModule[36]=HID.DLL
LoadedModule[37]=bink2w64.dll
LoadedModule[38]=PhysX3Common_x64.dll
LoadedModule[39]=icuuc.dll
LoadedModule[40]=icuin.dll
LoadedModule[41]=PhysX3CharacterKinematic_x64.dll
LoadedModule[42]=PhysX3Cooking_x64.dll
LoadedModule[43]=PhysX3_x64.dll
LoadedModule[44]=redlexer_native.dll
LoadedModule[45]=Galaxy64.dll
LoadedModule[46]=POWRPROF.dll
LoadedModule[47]=d3d11.dll
LoadedModule[48]=CRYPT32.dll
LoadedModule[49]=libcurl.dll
LoadedModule[50]=WLDAP32.dll
LoadedModule[51]=Normaliz.dll
LoadedModule[52]=NRD.dll
LoadedModule[53]=WINMM.dll
LoadedModule[54]=PxFoundation_x64.dll
LoadedModule[55]=MSVCP140.dll
LoadedModule[56]=VCRUNTIME140.dll
LoadedModule[57]=dxgi.dll
LoadedModule[58]=WININET.dll
LoadedModule[59]=IPHLPAPI.DLL
LoadedModule[60]=MSWSOCK.dll
LoadedModule[61]=amd_ags_x64.dll
LoadedModule[62]=oo2ext_7_win64.dll
LoadedModule[63]=icudt.dll
LoadedModule[64]=UMPDC.dll
LoadedModule[65]=gameoverlayrenderer64.dll
LoadedModule[66]=PSAPI.DLL
LoadedModule[67]=CRYPTBASE.DLL
LoadedModule[68]=bcryptPrimitives.dll
LoadedModule[69]=kernel.appcore.dll
LoadedModule[70]=windows.storage.dll
LoadedModule[71]=Wldp.dll
LoadedModule[72]=SHCORE.dll
LoadedModule[73]=clbcatq.dll
LoadedModule[74]=wbemprox.dll
LoadedModule[75]=wbemcomn.dll
LoadedModule[76]=wbemsvc.dll
LoadedModule[77]=fastprox.dll
LoadedModule[78]=amsi.dll
LoadedModule[79]=profapi.dll
LoadedModule[80]=eamsi.dll
LoadedModule[81]=uxtheme.dll
LoadedModule[82]=RTSSHooks64.dll
LoadedModule[83]=Start10_64.dll
LoadedModule[84]=GameServicesSteam.dll
LoadedModule[85]=steam_api64.dll
LoadedModule[86]=steamclient64.dll
LoadedModule[87]=imagehlp.dll
LoadedModule[88]=Secur32.dll
LoadedModule[89]=tier0_s64.dll
LoadedModule[90]=vstdlib_s64.dll
LoadedModule[91]=CRYPTSP.dll
LoadedModule[92]=rsaenh.dll
LoadedModule[93]=napinsp.dll
LoadedModule[94]=pnrpnsp.dll
LoadedModule[95]=wshbth.dll
LoadedModule[96]=NLAapi.dll
LoadedModule[97]=DNSAPI.dll
LoadedModule[98]=NSI.dll
LoadedModule[99]=winrnr.dll
LoadedModule[100]=fwpuclnt.dll
LoadedModule[101]=rasadhlp.dll
LoadedModule[102]=d3d12.dll
LoadedModule[103]=GFSDK_Aftermath_Lib.x64.dll
LoadedModule[104]=nvwgf2umx.dll
LoadedModule[105]=dxcore.dll
LoadedModule[106]=msasn1.dll
LoadedModule[107]=cryptnet.dll
LoadedModule[108]=WINTRUST.DLL
LoadedModule[109]=nvapi64.dll
LoadedModule[110]=schannel.DLL
LoadedModule[111]=nvldumdx.dll
LoadedModule[112]=D3DSCache.dll
LoadedModule[113]=twinapi.appcore.dll
LoadedModule[114]=mskeyprotect.dll
LoadedModule[115]=NTASN1.dll
LoadedModule[116]=ncrypt.dll
LoadedModule[117]=ncryptsslp.dll
LoadedModule[118]=MMDevApi.dll
LoadedModule[119]=DEVOBJ.dll
LoadedModule[120]=dinput8.dll
LoadedModule[121]=inputhost.dll
LoadedModule[122]=CoreMessaging.dll
LoadedModule[123]=wintypes.dll
LoadedModule[124]=PROPSYS.dll
LoadedModule[125]=CoreUIComponents.dll
LoadedModule[126]=ntmarta.dll
LoadedModule[127]=Wtsapi32.dll
LoadedModule[128]=AUDIOSES.DLL
LoadedModule[129]=resourcepolicyclient.dll
LoadedModule[130]=MSCTF.dll
LoadedModule[131]=textinputframework.dll
LoadedModule[132]=Windows.Perception.Stub.dll
LoadedModule[133]=gpapi.dll
LoadedModule[134]=nvngx.dll
LoadedModule[135]=DEVRTL.dll
LoadedModule[136]=drvstore.dll
LoadedModule[137]=SPINF.dll
LoadedModule[138]=nvngx_dlss.dll
LoadedModule[139]=nvcuda.dll
LoadedModule[140]=nvcuda64.dll
LoadedModule[141]=dcomp.dll
LoadedModule[142]=dwmapi.dll
LoadedModule[143]=WINSTA.dll
LoadedModule[144]=Windows.UI.dll
LoadedModule[145]=WindowManagementAPI.dll
LoadedModule[146]=nvrtum64.dll
AppName=Cyberpunk2077.exe[/CODE]

Sounds like you could have partitioned your drive or somehow installed in a non-standard location. Try moving the installation / reinstalling to a standard installation folder -- on the root of the drive or a folder of your own creation. Do NOT install anywhere under Program Files or Program Files(x86).

Truth. What we need are people posting more precisely what they have done to lead to the crashes they're seeing.

"It's crashing!!!" doesn't really help.

When? Where? Why?

If you're not sure...look more closely and try to identify everything you can discern. Help us help you.

Same to me on diferent missions after updates

Well, in Event Viewer, I've only ever seen the Event ID 41 Kernel-Power error listed on those times when I had Cyberpunk running and my PC rebooted (and also that time it crashed/rebooted during OCCT's 3D test). It had only occurred on those times, though. I'm aware of when my PC reboots normally after Windows Updates, as it did last week. Normally I reboot it myself, but I had been away for a long while last Tuesday when Windows updated, and it rebooted, as scheduled, to complete the installation of the updates.

Anyway, I'm aware that Event ID 41 Kernel-Power is rather vague, but usually indicative of some kind of hardware issue, especially if the BugcheckParameter fields and other fields (under details) are blank, as they were for those occurrences. So...I'm not sure. Maybe all I needed was to make sure all my power cables were secure and my video card was seated properly again.

I'm only using Windows Defender. A few years ago, I was using Avast, but it was interfering with too many things and becoming generally too bloated, so I just went with Defender, as it's all I really need for my uses. Also, this was another PC which used Avast; this current rig has been free of any other security software besides Microsoft's own.

My UAC is set to notify me but not to dim my desktop. I don't currently have the game set to run as admin. I suppose I could try that.

I've got the game installed on an NVMe drive, E:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Cyberpunk 2077 . Would it be better to move it to the root directory of that drive? I haven't had any issues with other games in deeper folders like this, on this drive or other drives outside of my system drive (or also my system drive).

Well...a Kernel-Power error means exactly that: somehow, Windows wanted to do something, and there was literally a problem with the electrical current. Either not enough or a surge. It's not impossible for this to be triggered by a setting in a driver, the BIOS, or Windows itself being too aggressive with what it's trying to draw...but I find over-draw hard to believe with a 1,000 watt PSU in your system. :whistle:

Another thing this could be is bad outlet. If you can plug the computer's surge protector into a different wall outlet, try that and see if it keeps happening. Does the power tend to brown out where you live? Even just for a second here and there?

Installations in protected directories can trigger odd conflicts (even if they happen with some games and not others). Easiest way to remove that problem is just move the installation to the root of the drive, or a folder of your own creation on the root. For example:
C:\Cyberpunk 2077\...
or
C:|MyRPGgames\Cyberounk 2077\...

That will alleviate any conflicts that Windows may have with the game accessing hardware and such. (Which can happen only in specific situations, like only when a certain sound file plays or a certain graphical shader is loaded into RAM.)

Same to me on diferent missions after updates

I think you may have missed the emphasis I was trying to put on details. :p Can you identify which missions and specifically what you were doing at the time of the crash? Finding out what's likely happening requires identifying a pattern. And sometimes it's tricky. Like, for example, a certain musical track is corrupted, and causing the audio system to crash. Or a graphical driver has a conflicting .DLL installed, but the problem only arises when a game tries to draw a translucent muzzle flash that's only used on one weapon in the game. (<--- Those are random examples, but these are the weird things that can cause crashes only for certain players on certain platforms with certain hardware in certain situations.)

So, the more detail you can glean, the better the chances of identifying a potential pattern.

Another thing this could be is bad outlet. If you can plug the computer's surge protector into a different wall outlet, try that and see if it keeps happening. Does the power tend to brown out where you live? Even just for a second here and there?

I do have the occasional brown out in my area, but I use an uninterruptable power supply (UPS). It's 1500VA/1000W. It's also new. I replaced an older, 600W UPS with this one. I have a program that monitors it, as well, and it regularly tests itself with no issues.

I spent several hours with my mate investigating dx12 crash. We did this remotely so it was not optimal. We couldnt resolve issue as my mate dont have other gpu or psu to switch but nature of this crash might indicate some kind of hardware instability.

Usually after you enter to CP menu and click continue game wont load save and crash. But we added some steps and sometimes you are able to enter game and play it.

And weirdest thing is that when you enter game and play it it stays alive. So my mate once left his computer for whole night with CP turned on and in the morning he continued to play.

I came to this theory that somehow preheating hardware will make game more stable and it sometimes work he run Kombustor for few minutes and instantly start game after combustor preheat his GPU and he is able to play.

In the final we came to this steps:
1. Go to %LOCALAPPDATA% \CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077\cache\ . Delete or rename GamePipelineLibrary. cache
2. Clear dx shader cache <- link
3. Preheat GPU with Kombustor <- link
4. Start CP immediately after closing Kombustor
5. Click Continue or New Game immediately when in menu
6. When you have luck and game loads AVOID MENUS as this lower your temps xd

I am posting this as I spent to many hours on this solution that randomly works but if it help to play at least one additional person then Im happy.

No issues with loading, saving or menus and I can run around and do missions in the city to my heart's content, but as soon as I head to the outskirts of town it crashes a lot (0xC0000005 exception as below). There are specific points on the map that seem to trigger a crash and sometimes actions like aiming the sniper rifle will do it too - but only if I'm out in the boonies. Anyone else noticing that?

Packing a GTX 1070 with stock settings on a mature but still decent gaming rig and it doesn't feel like the card / machine is the issue. When it runs it's absolutely fine.

Error reason: Unhandled exception
Expression: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xC0000005)
Message: The thread attempted to read inaccessible data at 0x0.
File: <Unknown>(0)

Unfortunately, I still can't play for more than a couple of minutes on my rig, although everything is checked and double checked, and installed and re-installed.
I finally got my refund today, after filing it about a month ago (thanks for that).
As much as I'd liked to play this game, I'm leaving it for now. I will be back in a couple of months, when CDPR hopefully ironed out most of the issues.

So long

I solved my crash problem by deleting all my recent saves and loading the game from an older one .

Now I'm playing the game without any crash or freeze.
I tried to go to the same places were the crashes previously occured , opened fire on every living citizen , crushed cops under my car and no crash at all.

i will progress the story and see if crashes occur at a precise stage or not.
I'm currently at the "search and destroy" quest.

Top Bottom