Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty - Twitch Drops

+

Chooms,

We’re thrilled to finally reveal our full collaboration with Twitch for our upcoming expansion Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty!

Own both the base game and the expansion and want to spice up your in-game wardrobe? From September 25, 1pm CEST, until October 21, 11:59pm CEST, watch Twitch creators play Cyberpunk 2077 for an opportunity to claim exclusive clothing items and turn your V into an NUS Infiltrator. Find out all there is to know on our dedicated Twitch Drops website.

On top of that, we want to show additional support to our awesome community of creators. For that reason, we are partnering with Twitch on a Support a Streamer campaign.
How does it work?
Purchase 2 Twitch subscriptions of any tier to eligible Twitch partners and affiliates playing Cyberpunk 2077 for yourself or others. Doing so will earn you the unique Yasha sniper rifle as a reward.

You can find the full list of eligible creators and all other details about this program on our website.

Question as the streamer do you have to have the gog copy in order for this to work? I have CP on Epic also out of curiosity when are the DLC codes being sent out?

You do this kind of shit now too? Please stop.
I have valiantly defended you in the past for not doing all the crap that the rest of the AAA industry engage in. And here you are.

Please. stop.

You make good games, good games sell themselves, you don't need to do this.
It might earn you some money but it will cost you integrity and respect.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah no, not here too?? I agree with Chris here: this kind of stuff is SO irritating!
I don't have Twitch, I don't want Twitch. Yet here CDPR is selling out :(
I've been a CP2077 supporter since the start (as so many others) but simply because I don't do any Twitching, I do not have the "honour" of that cool looking wardrobe??
Sorry CDPR, but this is really not okay!!!!!!!!! (n):(

Let me get this straight:
You want me to pay for Streamer just to get a sniper rifle? What are you Electronic Arts? You can do better.
I have nothing against opening any stream, mute and let it run in the background. Tbh i cant care less for those.
But literally "paywalling" a random weapon, oh man.
I'll cheat engine the gun myself, no need to do any of those stuff.

Not a huge fan of Twitch Drops (especially since GOG keeps disconnecting from my Cyberpunk game), but that's a minor gripe. The unique Sniper Rifle for subscribing, though? That is the sort of nonsense I never expected CDPR to pull.

Of course, if they will eventually be released to the community and this is just a timed exclusive, then never mind, but otherwise this is a definite and disappointing black mark.

Not a huge fan of Twitch Drops (especially since GOG keeps disconnecting from my Cyberpunk game), but that's a minor gripe. The unique Sniper Rifle for subscribing, though? That is the sort of nonsense I never expected CDPR to pull.

Of course, if they will eventually be released to the community and this is just a timed exclusive, then never mind, but otherwise this is a definite and disappointing black mark.
I was prepared to watch them but I'm not paying for a simple dlc custom rifle and if I am forgoing one dlc I don't see the point of acquiring the rest, my time would be better spent downloading mods

I hate the use of FOMO techniques but on top of that you have to pay 8€ to have a unique sniper?!

Already a pre-order bonus for the DLC I found it strange after the studio said for C2077: "Every person who buys the game gets exactly the same in-game content, no matter if they buy in pre-orders, on release date or two years later."

But I see that things are changing for the worse, I hope that everything will be given to players in the future, otherwise I will stop playing CD Projekt games!

I buy every CD Projekt game on day one since The Witcher, I feel betrayed.

i have to shime in, i was allways a silent game enjoyer and bought multiple copies of the witcher games for reasons and Cyberpunk 2077 was my only ever full price purchase and i don't really care about twitch drops tbh, BUT paywalling a single sniper for a certain time for a 3 years old game which got an update and it's one and only dlc soon is a shame.

did CDPR really learn nothing from the fiasco the release was and has to double down on it?

update 2.0 was a releave, a late one tbh, but souring it now wiith such tactics i get horrified thinking about the 2 witcher games.

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 79
Yes! I love paying $8 for a sniper rifle from a pro-consumer company like CDPR! When are you guys finally going to add DRM and always-online? The fans have been asking for these features for years now! Can you also add a preorder exclusive 420 weed camo silver sword for the Witcher 4?

LOL not surprised. So not only do you add hollywood and twitch personalities into the game. Players have to purchase a subscription from these twitch personalities to receive content. This is clown world and AAA gaming is dying.
As far as I see, not all the Twitch streamers that you can subscribe for the rifle are highly known ones, the list shows a lot of small content creators: Link

The ones like Rubius and the rest, you only need to watch them to receive the NUSA infiltrator set.

As far as I see, not all the Twitch streamers that you can subscribe for the rifle are highly known ones, the list shows a lot of small content creators: Link

The ones like Rubius and the rest, you only need to watch them to receive the NUSA infiltrator set.
What does it matter who you are paying? They're twitch streamers. Why do a player have to pay them to receive content for a game? Drops are dumb as hell anyways. But now players have to pay them to receive content? It's going to be interesting when this practice becomes the norm. They put the [...] in the game, now they're partnering with them to get their player base to pay them. It's insane.

Last edited by a moderator:
CDPR did you... Not have a marketing department?
Or did you hire the marketing department via a time machine, from 20 something years ago?

Did you really not expect how your players / customers will NOT be happy about this?
Like do you guys have a secret game dev club meeting that specifically decide on how to garner bad press and piss off your own fans?

You probably won't change this, but please stop further shooting yourself in the foot. You worked hard to rescue that reputation, don't go full unga bunga and flush it down the toilet again, please.

Question as the streamer do you have to have the gog copy in order for this to work? I have CP on Epic also out of curiosity when are the DLC codes being sent out.

YOU HAVE CP? AYO
but fr this time, you just gotta link your twitch account to your gog account and once you meet the criteria i.e; watch so many hours of a stream OR stream the equivalent hours needed to claim the drop, you'll be eligible to claim the drop from twitch/drops.
You won't get a code, otherwise people could go nuts and sell these codes.
As for the sniper one, same thing, you have to gift two subs and you'll get the drop in your twitch drop inventory.

Top Bottom