Cyberpunk 2077 User Reviews & Impressions

+
lol no man's sky is still ugly game, AI is stupid, there are like 9 planet types and juts copy paste with different colors, the planets also look unnatural, trees growing at random places and mountains look like from fortnite. Creature design is SPORE level.

planets look boring to explore. all same.

i still go look at the very first trailer reveal, how dinosaurs were animated in river, how giant rhino stampede through trees. Nothing like that ingame

lol no man's sky is still ugly game, AI is stupid, there are like 9 planet types and juts copy paste with different colors, the planets also look unnatural, trees growing at random places and mountains look like from fortnite. Creature design is SPORE level.

planets look boring to explore. all same.

i still go look at the very first trailer reveal, how dinosaurs were animated in river, how giant rhino stampede through trees. Nothing like that ingame
The only voice acting in No Man's Sky is from your space suit, "oxygen low". CDPR hired brilliant voice actors.

Yea. They still didn't meet the promises they made to millions of customers. What they did was added multiplayer to trick you into thinking you're playing a good game with voice acting, but it's your friend's company that you enjoy. The game is shit.
Post automatically merged:

Just saw another thread by the OP. Poor dude has a Xbox. I hope they fix the shit for you before Christmas.

it's christmas holidays i dont expect any activity or minigame or side content to be added to game, maybe we get 1 or 2 patches hotfix by the end of this year.
Definitly maybe one more hot fix but a small one. Sadly this game has a long way to go I hope that by
They didn't fix No Man's Sky, or at least they didn't fulfill the promises that Sean from Hello Games made during his various interviews before the game's launch, when they only finished the first 8 hours of the game - basically stealing money from people as they couldn't return a game that they played for over 2 hours and didn't deliver the game as promised.

CP2077 however, they did not make such grand promises as Sean Murray did before its release. They also have made many great games in the past, where No Man's Sky was that small company's first game.

The fact that CDPR and Hello Games blocked review copies of the game, that says something. The fact that we are comparing this AAA game to No Man's Sky, that says something. CP2077 sold more pre-order copies than No Man's Sky sold to date. CDPR fucked up, they know it and admitted it. Look at Rockstar, they took their sweet time, underpromised and overdelivered with RDR2. Sean Murray got death threats at his home. I hope the same doesn't happen to CDPR execs.
I think for now on if CDPR plans on making more Cyberpunk games they have to understand games of this magnitude require lots of planning and development before its even ready to be announced. I generally hope with this experience they learn and like you said follow in Rockstars footsteps when it comes to games like these.Only then can they deliever what they show in their trailers. The concept for Cyberpunk is amazing and I love it but its very huge and demanding and they gotta be ready to work and have the patience for it.

Severely disappointed due to the deception of the developers, and what they stated the game would be..then what they gave us..it's insulting. They have shown they are far behind the abilities of Bethesda, Bioware, Ubisoft..you name it.
They have shown they are marketing geniuses, and masters of 'initial' illusion..but that won't work again when they try to sell their multiplayer game.

One thing I know for sure.

They will NOT be able to pull off selling multiplayer version as a separate game after this release.. lol.

They will HAVE to give it away free now to even half way redeem themselves.
Yeah game is not at all what devs promised. No full nudity in game, no npc reactions to your appearance (even if naked) lack of interactivity with the city, the origins barely have any depth or lore or impact(im not too far in but I've seen a ton of missed opportunities already), romance options are blah and no trans options, character creator blows(looks good but blows) No cool clothing options, or sexy ones for that matter, LOTS of cut content it seems.
Combat for me is fine, as long as its decent I sort mind.
Not really as adult as they said it was, not a ton of mature options really

Moved to Cyberpunk forum, edited title to add spoiler warning (was so long that had to remove some of original title).

Give it time , also remember that console player are having some issues especially on the bug sections hopefully they all fix this .

Hopefully they add more content later one , for now im hoping to take the game slowly ... and play it trough the 3 life paths.

Give it time , also remember that console player are having some issues especially on the bug sections hopefully they all fix this .
Give it time? They've had 8 years and THEY decided to release it. It SHOULD be ready. If it wasn't - and they knew it wasn't - they shouldn't have taken our money and they shouldn't have released it. Now we know why they wouldn't let anyone see or review the console versions. It was underhanded and on purpose. Greed. They just couldn't pass up the opportunity to take advantage of Christmas. And they have no excuse because they released a statement saying that with just pre-orders they made all their money back with profit.

It was the more living game i saw during most years....
Friend, can you tell me ... when did you feel the city was alive? I think I play with open world.
Haven't finished the story yet, but reading about your experience with the post-main quest line, it's exactly how i've felt when i did the same in The Witcher 3, pre Blood and Wine. Difference is, in that game, i think after the main story, most of the established NPC's were also gone, so it felt that much more emptier. Regardless, it's something that happens whenever we finish anything truly touching, like a good book or tv series. It's a testament to it's greatness.. that ability to linger on in our thoughts to such a degree.
That the moderators only antendais the posts that praise the game. I find it VERY CONCERNING, if you think that the game's only problem is bugs ... you have a VERY SERIOUS problem. I have nothing to say about the adventure, I think it's great. But the rest of the game is a real disaster. The open world is the worst seen in years. You have some very worrying failures of ideas and mechanics. Right now the game is an Uncharted, Last of us or Tomb Raider, with a hollow city without life or anything to do, which only serves to turn from one mission to another. You must redo a lot of things. IT'S TIME TO LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY !!! STOP KISSING YOUR CHEEKS !!! YOUR SHARES HAVE FALLEN 41% IN THREE DAYS !! Are you aware of what that means? I don't think it's time to pat on the back.

I dont read much, spoiler, BUT, im doing all the secundary quest first to dont finish the game before 2021 :3

So... finally, here it is! What do you think about Cyberpunk?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote of the day: I am still very confused about there not being a walk button, because your character does occasionally switch to walking automatically, but as with most games it sort of works but you still occasionally get the weird running, when other are walking.
Especially one episode made me laugh, when a character says "V lets walk" and my first thought was that I should have a dialog option saying that "I can't, it's simply not possible, I can hack stuff and do a lot of other crazy things, but walking is not one of them".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for myself, I have decided to let this game age in the cellar for 1-2 years to become a true masterpiece. If you played The Witcher Wild Hunt long enough, you know the difference between version 1.01 and 1.32. If you didn't, trust me - it was very noticeable. I enjoyed the game so much more when the bugs and rough edges were refined, so I am going to do this with Cyberpunk.

This is what I DID! I did not refund this game, tho I can, but i will give this game several months to fulfill its promises. It's a 5/10 game for me so far. After the amazing Witcher 3 they have not evolved the open world design and structure and that's so sad.

On your topic of the ending I can agree, hopefully they make one canon and continue the story and let you play on afterwards.. cyberpunk isn't the kind of game where you just reload the last save before the final set.. especially with certain endings that leave you on big cliffhangers... IT's honestly annoying, I hated it with the witcher 3 and I hate it here.. too bad CD Project Red will never say anything on it.. but man.. the ending honestly ruined what was a great game.. at least to me

Give it time? They've had 8 years and THEY decided to release it. It SHOULD be ready. If it wasn't - and they knew it wasn't - they shouldn't have taken our money and they shouldn't have released it. Now we know why they wouldn't let anyone see or review the console versions. It was underhanded and on purpose. Greed. They just couldn't pass up the opportunity to take advantage of Christmas. And they have no excuse because they released a statement saying that with just pre-orders they made all their money back with profit.

You dont see the whole picture. Sometimes you dont have a choice and have to chose the lesser of two evils. Im sure they will be fix some issues with AI and other stuff in the future.

ya1

Forum regular
Here is a point of view from a long time fan of the genre.

Apart from the PS4 release, which afaik is the main source of all the rants and wailing, and the more serious bugs, I think most of the rants and complaints go way too far. They warp the reception this product deserves. Moreover, they also show how shallow the consumer base is. IMO all the issues you might or might not have with gameplay, performance, etc. - all the things that can and will be fixed in patches or expansions - it all pales in comparison to CP77 sheer grandeur. I'm talking about THE WORLD. About not just Pondsmith but the whole of Williams, Gibson, Dick. This game succeeded in capturing a whole literary genre. And not just the robot arms and virtual reality. It's the society, the slang, the media, the architecture, the fashion, the entertainment, even the art, etc. The ever present cyberpunk. Honestly, even through the bugs and hiccups, I don't remember ever seeing such depth in video gaming.

Thing is most people don't even blink when they consume products like Assassin Creed where Greek phalanx do Shaolin kung-fu. I haven't noticed any of such "95% of our audience is dumb af so who cares about details" bullshit in CP. I'm not an expert on the genre but I did read the classics. In my opinion, CP77 could have been done any better. And quest design... I think CDPR outdone themselves, CP at least matches W3 in this aspect. Every quest feels like an episode in a good, well-written tv show.

Yeah, it's not as good a shooter as Bordelands. It doesn't sneak as fine as MGS. It was released too early, and there are issues with some platforms. But by mindlessly unloading on this game (instead of just keeping it cool and waiting for the patches) you're basically conveying to the world that game developers should not bother trying to bring literary depth into their work. Because you'd be happier with another batch of shallow crap as long as it's bug-free and runs 60fps with no lows.

Give it time. It's hella worth it.

I respect your opinion and the fact that it seems like you enjoy the game but I couldn't disagree more.

The last-gen consoles are certainly a point of contention but they're not the "main source" of the "rants and wailing". People have certain expectations of an open-world RPG and CP2077 fails on many fronts. Compared to the 7-year-old GTA V it is truly baffling how simplistic much of the NPC interactions, the physics, etc. really are. Here are some simple examples for you:

You call the consumer base "shallow" for being dissatisfied with the fact that a game released in 2020 is outclassed in many ways by a game released in 2013? We are buying a product, CDPR isn't making this for us for free. We don't owe them our gratitude. If anything, YOU are the shallow one for so readily accepting and even praising this complete mess of a game. CDPR set certain expectations for what their game would be and these expectations were not met. That is a severe understatement.

I haven't seen anyone "mindlessly unloading" on Cyberpunk 2077. What I HAVE seen is a ton of people who really want to like the game but simply can't bring themselves to overlook the multitude of glaring flaws it has. It's an insult to those of us who were very much looking forward to the game who are saddened by its state to call us "shallow" and denigrate us in such a way. I almost wish that my standards were as low as yours so that I could actually enjoy it the game.

Last edited:
Amazing
Post automatically merged:

Just wooah. But too less nudity

Last edited:
I just got a refund for my XBox version.

The 1.04 patch somehow made things worse for me. o_O
Now I can't run anymore, and it seems like the fps got even lower than before. Not sure how that was even possible.

Anyway, I'm not willing to be a paying alpha tester anymore. I'm also not in the mood to reload my safes every few minutes, just to reset some gamestate so I can move again.

I'm certain that CDPR will sort this out at some point in the future. It will work in some shape or form. I'm sure. But I don't believe, that the base consoles will ever get a version that goes beyond "barely playable".

It's sad enough, that we expect and kind of accepted, that games are buggy on release. But this goes beyond "buggy", it's an outright scam! They lied to our faces about what the game is and how it will perform. All the years, CDPR upheld the image of "the good ones", which is quite clearly not the case. Beginning with the crunch because of mismanagement, over the review embargo to keep information hidden, that might affect the sales numbers, right to lying to their direct customers.

The behavior of CDPR is in no way better than anything EA, T2 or even Blizzard has done in the past. They can't get away with this. So I draw a line here. I know that nobody at CDPR will give a rodents behind about this. And that is fine.

But I feel betrayed and lied to by a company, that's supposed to be different. But, at the end of the day. It's just a video game and life will go on, with or without Cyberpunk 2077.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom