Cyberpunk Roles - Which One Will You Be

+

Cyberpunk Roles - Which One Will You Be

• Total voters
It occurs to me many of the people answering to this poll may not exactly know what these classes are, and what they can do. Fixer and techie at least have been overlooked a lot I think. A fixer for example can be a very efficient Han Solo type of a character. A techie on the other hand can pilot an AV like you wouldn't believe.

Yeah, this is a trick. The PnP has a section on how to get the Team together - the Hook. After all, in most RPGs of the time, all you needed was a bar or inn and an adventure. And loot.

In CP2020, players are more likely to loot each other for their organs than "go on an adventure" together.

Trick is to find a story that drags them all in. Hire them, blackmail them, steal a girl/boyfriend, get a big story on the Street that calls in all the necessary skillsets, that kind of thing.

The Street finds it's own uses for things, to quote some guy.
Yeah exactly. It can't really be some overarching "save the world" bullshit hack plot. It's gotta be something really personal, featuring engaging characters and a well developed, tight plot. Create a vigilante gang to combat a new corporation in town, steal supplies to undermine the power of a megalomaniac kingpin. Something like that.
...I have to say: I never imagined cops would be so popular in the dark future. Ha.
Haha, yeah I know right! Everyone should be despising cops :p

I guess it's because people like the idea of having this corrupt, broken down, morally bankrupt city and you being in a position to change it to the better. The cop probably sounds like the most knightly role of them all. At least to me. I'm gonna be a good cop, trying to do my best to save my humanity and show others they can do the same. "We don't have to live in a shithole people, now follow me while I part the Red Sea and lead you to the promised land!" is what I'll be screaming during my epic inspirational speech near the end of the game ^^

surprised Solo isn't getting more votes, thats my second favorite class to play... but my favorite class to run is cops, or private detectives... but that requires the game to be geared almost solely around them.

My other favorite classes to run games for are nomads, and military campaigns... they give me a structure to work with and keep everyone on the same page...

I think I'll play as a media role. Guerilla style reporting has always kind of fascinated me, and I'd love to see an entire game built around the concept. Anyhow, i hope it's included.

For those of you wondering, here's a brief summary of each role. Maybe OP can update the first post? ;3

Cop - Maximum lawmen on mean 21st century streets
Corporate- Slick business raiders and multi-millionaires
Fixer- Deal makers, smugglers, organizers and information brokers
Media- Newsmen and reporters who go to the wall for the truth
Netrunner- Cybernetic computer hackers
Nomad- Road warriors and Gypsies who roam the highways
Rockerboy- Rebel rockers who use music and revolt to fight authority
Solo- Hired assassins, bodyguards, killers, soldiers
Techie- Renegade mechanics and doctors

Damn for me is so hard to decide, I think i go with techie, I am not sure yet. What kind of purpose this roles will help me with. I read what there meaning. But still I hope
they show a trailer of each roles of each abilities. So I can have a better perspective.

Im gonna be a Cop or Solo.
If i get Cop iil retire some "NEXUS 6" be a Rick Deckard or sumtin
If i go solo iil try to achieve being rich or sumtin

No surprise MEDIA my choice was as Its pretty obvious I'm abit obsessed with Transmet and the main character :D

WTF is up with all you evil cops?

:mad:

I think it's the way they were presented in the trailer. Them sleek and shiny uniforms, hail of gunfire, dat AUTHORITY. I'm sure once we get details about what the other classes are going to be/how they'll be played/etc, we'll start to see more of a spread.

Copper!

A cop for me. How awesome would it be to get called up to a huge drug deal, then preparing how you're going to tackle it, gearing up and busting the deal. Being part of the Psycho Squad sounds awesome to me too. I've been interested in police-work since I was a little kid anyway, even studying Criminology at the moment. If a game has the option to be a police officer I will take that opportunity.

Top Bottom