Cyberpunk Soundtrack

+
Not the most cyberpunk sounding song ... but it's got the 80s guitars and the disenchanted youth thing going for it. Plus it sounds really good.

and this

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n10916966 said:
Depeche Mode - Where is the revolution? (this song is about how those in power abuse the people. This song fits very well with the Cyberpunk moviment, but also with how Corporations in the CP2020 use their power to "Wear you down until you're on their side" as the song says)

This song is so powerful. I saw DM live last year and people were chanting this song in the arena. Very fitting for the Cyberpunk setting imo.

Snowflakez;n10963487 said:
I was wondering WTF was up with New Model. I did not like it at all, and thought maybe something was wrong with me.

You are not alone. New Model was an experiment, it's even called "New Model". I do hope that he is over with that kind of experiments.

I'd rather have some solid EBM or Breakcore in Cyberpunk than Synthwave, it doesn't suit the agressive tone of the universe at all.
(Nothing against Synthwave btw)

For some part of the music I would like to take inspirations from soundtrack of new game Hover: Revolt of gamers, especially the tracks make by Hideki Nagunama, It will be great if there were jamming tracks like this but made in more dark vibe. I think Hideki will be great in making music for this game.

Start this at 11:00

Maelcom404;n10965479 said:
I'd rather have some solid EBM or Breakcore in Cyberpunk than Synthwave, it doesn't suit the agressive tone of the universe at all.
(Nothing against Synthwave btw)

I can partially agree, Synthwave cannot express everything in Cyberpunk.

Blundir;n10966499 said:
I can partially agree, Synthwave cannot express everything in Cyberpunk.

Yeah, not everything should be synthwave, but I completely disagree that it's not a Cyberpunk music style in and of itself (because it definitely is).

However, we should all bear in mind that CDPR has told their musicians they want music that "sounds like it was made in 2077," so it's not all going to just be our modern interpretation of Cyberpunk music. Chances are, we'll see all kinds of genres, just evolved by many decades (and probably quite different).

But it'd be a mistake not to have at least a bit of synthwave, EDM, electronic music in general. People expect it and it fits the theme.

Phase Fatale - Hollow Flesh

Phase Fatale - Anubis

Phase Fatale - Wound

Phase Fatale - The Size of God

Phase Fatale - Reverse Fall

Phase Fatale - Incision

Phase Fatale - Blackbox

Phase Fatale - Empty Whip

I really like the posts of music ppl put in here... there were a few I didn't really care for... but being cyberpunk isn't only about the music. It's living in a world where technology and flesh collide and the struggle to survive in that ever changing world. You could legit like country music or even opera in the world of cyberpunk... there's no boundaries, no limits, just how far your mind... and upgrades can take you. :)

I really like the posts of music ppl put in here... there were a few I didn't really care for... but being cyberpunk isn't only about the music. It's living in a world where technology and flesh collide and the struggle to survive in that ever changing world. You could legit like country music or even opera in the world of cyberpunk... there's no boundaries, no limits, just how far your mind... and upgrades can take you. :)
Ofc it's not only about music, but what do you expect from music thread? Everyone here understands what cyberpunk is. Far not every music can give you a cyberpunk feel and that's why this thread exists, for people to share what's in their opinion better suits a cyberpunk theme.

Last edited:
Top Bottom