Damn good job cdpr!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to express how happy i am about this newest expansion! Though not the biggest expansion we have gotten it is definitely the best one if you ask me.
Merchants of ofier, with only a few cards made a lot of the cards and leaders i, two days ago thought useless and so bad that they where unplayable viable! I love it!

The expansion also brought a lot more flavor and archetypes to gwent with the new scenario artifacts and the other tactical advantage cards. Gwent feels more balanced than ever and i am just enjoying myself with it like a little child. This is why i felt happy bying every single pack in the shop for this expansion!

Thank you so much for making this expansion happen cdpr!
Post automatically merged:

1575984554045.png

Nice use of the avatar from "Limbo", Stryker.

And yes, CDPR, your new Golden hand looks great... Jaime Lannister will hardly miss his old one.

Haha i assume its not very positive because of console not being supported anymore

If I had to say only positive things I would say that Elves are actually playable now and stratagems are pretty good at the moment. Stratagems are more fun than the old tactical advantage. They just might be a bit too strong giving an unfair advantage to playing first. It might be fine though.

So far I am not a fan of the scenario cards. I don't really see what they add to the game other than putting more uninteractable cards on the board.

btw I am playing the game on a crappy lap top that can't run the premiums. ARG

If I had to say only positive things I would say that Elves are actually playable now and stratagems are pretty good at the moment. Stratagems are more fun than the old tactical advantage. They just might be a bit too strong giving an unfair advantage to playing first. It might be fine though.

So far I am not a fan of the scenario cards. I don't really see what they add to the game other than putting more uninteractable cards on the board.

btw I am playing the game on a crappy lap top that can't run the premiums. ARG

I think the stratagems are fine. TA is a flat 5 points and none of the other stratagems offer that much upfront power. It requires some synergy with your deck to beat out TA, which is great and it'll spice up deck building for sure.

Honest question about scenarios: can they be removed with artifact removal like Nithral? If they can I'm fine with such high provision artifacts being that strong, since a lot of their value can be cancelled and they take quite a chunk of your provisions.

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
Just wanted to express how happy i am about this newest expansion! Though not the biggest expansion we have gotten it is definitely the best one if you ask me.
Merchants of ofier, with only a few cards made a lot of the cards and leaders i, two days ago thought useless and so bad that they where unplayable viable! I love it!

The expansion also brought a lot more flavor and archetypes to gwent with the new scenario artifacts and the other tactical advantage cards. Gwent feels more balanced than ever and i am just enjoying myself with it like a little child. This is why i felt happy bying every single pack in the shop for this expansion!

Thank you so much for making this expansion happen cdpr!

View attachment 11023445

Thank you! <3

DRK3

Forum veteran
I think the stratagems are fine. TA is a flat 5 points and none of the other stratagems offer that much upfront power. It requires some synergy with your deck to beat out TA, which is great and it'll spice up deck building for sure.

Honest question about scenarios: can they be removed with artifact removal like Nithral? If they can I'm fine with such high provision artifacts being that strong, since a lot of their value can be cancelled and they take quite a chunk of your provisions.

Scenarios can be removed, ive done it in multiple ways. CDPR removed bronze artefact removal units, but there's still plenty of ways to remove scenarios, which are very powerful if left unchecked.

With NG you can use Fake Ciri or Yen's Invocation (two good cards even for other situations). You can also use Korathi Heatwave, Iris and several other neutrals.

The scenarios are artifacts, so they can be removed by any artifact removal card.

But know that cdpr said that they are considering removing all artifact removal and to also balance all the artifacts so that none will be so powerful that artifact removal needs to exist.

The scenarios are artifacts, so they can be removed by any artifact removal card.

But know that cdpr said that they are considering removing all artifact removal and to also balance all the artifacts so that none will be so powerful that artifact removal needs to exist.

The problem is if they keep adding artifacts to the game the no unit style decks are going to become a problem again.

I doubt that, but you never know.

Well you had the current artifacts which streamers were already claiming were somewhat of an issue. Now they have added the scenarios, along with that (spawn a random legendary) card, and there's the new card that can play your stratafem in any round.

If that's not enough to make them problematic again then I don't think we are far away.

I am willing to bet that by the end of this week, they will change something about artifact removal cards:)) I dind not "farm" for any of the new scenario cards. I just put two artifact removals in each of my decks and it paid off :)) So I'm thinking, maybe it's not such a good bargain to craft these, only to have them removed instantly by 5 provision bronzes. They will most surely adjust the play around them, because they want us to actually play these new cards. Something hard to remove can easily become the new meta. I'm pretty sure that such easy removal was not something that they had in mind.

Well you had the current artifacts which streamers were already claiming were somewhat of an issue. Now they have added the scenarios, along with that (spawn a random legendary) card, and there's the new card that can play your stratafem in any round.

If that's not enough to make them problematic again then I don't think we are far away.
I have been playing a number of matches today and i can safely say that pretty much all the new cards are surprisingly balanced. All the strategems are perfect and the scenarios dont seem problematic at all. Never has Gwent been in a better state.

Maybe you should consider playing the new cards before you judge them my friend.

I am willing to bet that by the end of this week, they will change something about artifact removal cards:)) I dind not "farm" for any of the new scenario cards. I just put two artifact removals in each of my decks and it paid off :)) So I'm thinking, maybe it's not such a good bargain to craft these, only to have them removed instantly by 5 provision bronzes. They will most surely adjust the play around them, because they want us to actually play these new cards. Something hard to remove can easily become the new meta. I'm pretty sure that such easy removal was not something that they had in mind.
Eaven if the scenarios get removed as soon as its your opponents turn, they have still given you points. So your scenario getting removed as soon as its your opponents turn does not lose you the game.

Oh and the devs have said they are considering getting rid of all artifact removal and balancing any potentially broken artifacts so that artifact removal doesn't need to exist. This will be a very welcome change since it would make select artifacts viable because all artifacts will be untouchable, but still not broken as long as they stay the way they are now (expensive).

Last edited:
I have been playing a number of matches today and i can safely say that pretty much all the new cards are surprisingly balanced. All the strategems are perfect and the scenarios dont seem problematic at all. Never has Gwent been in a better state.

I'm playing on a laptop. I can't say there are any big problems from the patch (that didn't already exist). Some of the buffs were nice. We just need a lot more of them. I have a healthy skepticism when it comes to artifacts because I really believed they were being taken out of the game for good reason. I'll reserve judgment for now.

So, yeah, this thread got derailed pretty fast. It's not like a usual "thank you" thread has much discussion value to begin with. However, letting it go into this new direction is also not preferable and not the purpose of this thread.

@FlaminGo0n1ce, thank you for the commendation. CDPR will surely appreciate it. And with that, I want to close this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom