Deck of the Day

+
Quite different from mine, but then mine is strictly Dwarves, Dragons and the Sabre-tooth. None of this elvish crap. lol

Saesenthessis: Blaze cries in shame.
Sh**********************************************t!!!
I completely forgot that card is also Saskia and it should be included in the deck for the theme to be complete. :giveup:

Forgive me, but i'll have to let this mistake pass, the thought of incorporating a bad card on a deck that already gave me so much trouble building and its quite hard to use already, then having to retest it when i already did over 20 matches with the 1st and 2nd versions... No thanks.

Maybe i would do it for a character that meant a lot to me or a faction i really liked... which is definitely not the case, sorry.
But thanks for pointing it out to me. :howdy:
Post automatically merged:

MESSAGE TO EVERYONE:

I would like to remind that all comments are welcome, whether they are questions on something i didnt make clear in the guide, suggestions on something that could improve the deck without sacrificing the concept, requests for a particular deck using a certain archetype or card (i dont guarantee i will make it, if its something i really hate or already explored previously), or if you tried one of the decks and want to share your experience with it.

And i also leave here the index, for easier accessibility (i will update with the decks this season soon)

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
Here we go, Scoiatael time.
If you read the Saskia Commander thread, you may already know the troubles ive gone to make and test this deck.

I really REALLY wanted to avoid the typical SaskiaC deck, with Guerilla tactics, movement, Madoc, Milva sharpshooter unitless.
So i did something no one else tried! (because its crazy and weird and hard to use :shrug:)

[DECK OF 14-12-21]
[DWARVES & DRAGONS]

That's right, a dwarf deck with Saskia Commander!
I rarely make dwarf decks, i mostly dont like the leader ability, and i considered changing it, but unfortunately its essential for this deck and to make Brouver work.
Also, its the second time i use Ihuarraquax on a dwarf deck, like there's some kind of synergy there... There isnt, i just dont do well with the "wholesomeness" of dwarves and feel the need to include a curveball to my opponents.

The deck may seem random but its out of the 100+ decks ive posted here, its probably one of those that had the most thought and testing behind them.
This is seen mostly in the bronze units selected, trying to find the best ratio of dwarf and non-dwarf units, to keep both SaskiaC and Brouver reliable.

I wish there were more ways to put multiple ARMORED dwarves on the board, but zoltan + zoltans company is too slow and expensive, if the rowdy dwarves spawned by zoltan had armor by default i would have included him.

The biggest consideration at the end - include Oneiromancy or not? I kept it, as i got too used to it, but it might be a mistake, as the deck already thins with SaskiaC, Ihuarraquax and Novigrad Justice. What would you guys suggest replacing Oneiro with?

View attachment 11268715
This is the type of moments that make Ihuarraquax worth it!
View attachment 11268718
One of the best matches ive had this season, my opponent had 0 control (outside the random damage of fucusya rain and harald skull pings), and it was really close but at the end the serpent trap gave me the win.

@rrc @Barracuda88 @Riven-Twain
I want to hear what the ST masters and dwarven masters have to say on this deck please :cool:
This deck is too wild!! Summoning either Saskia via the Unicorn seems like a huge cost and even Brouver doesn't have many targets in an R3. Saskia need units to play for her harmony proc, where as SaskiaC needs them to be summoned. Eyck is the only card which plays cost effectively.

I tried this deck two times and the first time, to add insult to injury, I faced Onslaught. It was a total demolition. Absolutely humiliating defeat. Next game I played against a DW deck. I won, but only because that player played extremely bad. He went 3 cards down in R1 (because I basically committed everything except Brouver for long R3) and they tried to push R2 :shrug:. So, I won 2 cards up and in R3, the opponent played AQ on Detlaff which I locked basically bricking the Hag which got buffed. So, after all this, I won with 3 points. If the opponent was remotely competent, I couldn't have won.

I agree that this is a very different unique take on the cards, but it is too hard to pilot and too much dependent on mulligans and draws. I couldn't find the correct way to play. Nonetheless, I might admit, this is an unimaginable take on Saskia and super creative!! Thanks for all your efforts to make this deck!

I wish all decks were as easy to build and test as the SK ones...
Here we go, No Legendaries, final faction!

[DECK OF 15-12-21]
[NO LEGENDARIES - SK DAMAGE]

if you notice the title of the deck, you may suspect something is up...
That would be correct, it has a secondary title because there will be ANOTHER No Legendaries SK, the absolute final one.
Why? Because just like i did with MO, there's so many great epics and strategies that can be done without legendaries that justifies two decks.
And the other one shall be shared TOMORROW!

The deck is really good, even stronger than i suspected. I did only a few matches, but its undefeated so far... Well technically, there was a match against Arachas Queen Madoc where i missed Cyprian Wiley R1, and i just forfeited... but even that match, this deck was equipped to deal with it, it was just bad draw luck :shrug:

I could have used megascopes and one extra GS for very cheap points, but i dont like that tactic, besides with building no legendaries decks you have more than enough provisions, the hard thing is to fill them (thats why i include roach usually, "free points" and helps spend the provisions).

No Legendaries SK 2-0ing Jackpot KoB (R1).jpg

This deck was able to 2-0 the almighty Jackpot KoB!
I was on red coin, and was very lucky and had the perfect cards the entire match.
You dont see the 20+ pt Dagur because it was killed by poison, but my twisted mirror crushed his giant jackal and went to R2 with CA.
R2:
Then he had KoB played from hand, boosted to 10, "it should be out of harm's reach right?" BAM, triangle within a triangle.
Then his 2nd last card is leader + savolla for a solid 17pts... except leader charges killed savolla, pinged the frightener and Junod finished it off. 'Opponent disconnected' :shrug:

Not very similar, but inspired in part by @DRK3 attempt to find Saskia a home away from unitless/movement decks.

And we've finally reached the last No Legendaries deck.
All 6 factions (once per month/ season), 8 decks, 0 Legendaries used.

Maybe after this challenge i'll go ahead and take it to the next level and do a no golds deck :ohstopit:
(just kiddin, dont hold me up on that ok?)

[DECK OF 16-12-21]
[NO LEGENDARIES - SK RAIN]

Rain. Perfect for a December rainy day (not sure if its rainy on the places you live too...)
Rain, the archetype that got so much support (and controversy) in the only expansion of the year. So its not surprising that it can do a lot even without legendaries.

Yes, Melusine, Fulmar and most importantly, Fucusya are really good but by no means are they essential to generate rain.
Rioghan, Bride of the sea and most importantly, messengers of the sea can carry this deck.
I am not a fan of messengers of the sea, i avoided them in most of my PoP SK decks, but in this one i double down on them to be able to compete with regular decks, i think its fair this way.

The biggest doubt i had in this deck was if i should include Dagur or not, since he's also a key piece in yesterday's deck...
I ended up keeping him, mostly because he's the most expensive SK epic (and without legendaries, the provisions are actually too many), he gets a great amount of value (even if messengers do the same at 6p), and to compensate the odds you miss the 2nd messenger or the 3rd (created by operator).

This version has some similarities with the previous one: Dagur, Roach, the Derran + Morkvarg combo, delirium.
Dark mirror is also included - a weird choice but i cant include Scorch or Curse of Corruption, which also affects our allied units, and we can go BIG with messengers and dagur, so i needed something else.
I opted with portal instead of discard bronzes in this one, for variety, and its a bit trickier but equally strong.

The original version of the deck didnt include Gremist and Cyprian WIley, and it was winning most games, but got in trouble vs defenders and madoc (ST or MO) so, i changed it up a bit to include them.

Overall, i think this deck is a bit harder to use than the SK Damage, which relied more on just deleting all threats that popped up instantly in your opponents side. But on the other hand this version has a much higher point ceiling, as you can imagine with the rain cards...

1st Try - SK No Legend Rain (R1).jpg

The power of triple messengers, plus a bit of rain and storm, against one of the most popular decks in the meta.

Poor She Troll Guy.jpg
Felt really bad for this opponent playing something original and without control. He forktail'ed the rats spawned by plague maiden, which boosts the she-troll... but also my dagur.

Like i promised on another thread, here's the deck to celebrate
The Witcher Season 2 launch, on Netflix.

[DECK OF 17-12-21]
[THE WITCHER PATH]

I must admit, its not one of my most original decks. It shares 14 cards with the typical NR witcher decks.
BUT, there a few reasons to justify the choices made:

1) The new season of this show will focus more on the Geralt - Ciri relationship, and introduce Lambert, Eskel and Vesemir.
So at least this 5 characters i had to include as cards.

2) Choosing a Geralt and Ciri was easy (i even included two Geralt versions). I considered using the expensive versions of all 3 wolf school witcher trio, but Lambert swordmaster isnt good for this meta and Eskel pathinder isnt all that great.

3) Vesemir Mentor is an excellent card (even buffed recently)... but only on the right decks. That's why the bronze package of this deck had to be witchers too instead of something else. And only SK and NR can pull these decks, and ive already built and plan to build too many SK decks this season :shrug:

4) I also, i dislike the 7pr witcher trio, still too expensive for my taste and i wouldnt use them normally, i only included them as to fit the theme/ goal of the deck and have all our wolf bros in it :howdy:

5) Erland is another classic pick in NR witchers deck, but 2 more provisions than vesemir mentor, not worth it IMO and i would rather use those provisions for offensive Geralts.

6) King Roegner would also be an easy choice for this deck, and i do love that card. However its too reliant on long rounds, damned sorceress is much cheaper and actually better if you only get 1 or 2 shields. Also, Roegner is a finisher card, and would clash with Yrden.

Witchers vs Viy (with my beautiful Yrden ruined).jpg

Typical R1 vs Viy. Losing Yrden to Ihuarraquax was devastating, but luckily i kept my vanilla geralt and there was only one huge Viy unit to kill on final round.

Hope you enjoy, the deck and the series 2nd season :beer:

Sorry for the absence for the past few days, i was rather sick and wasnt able to play any Gwent.
On my 'to-do list' of gwent decks for this thread, i still have 6 decks (including the one checked off today), but now i doubt i will be able to feature all of those this year, as the period between 24-31st December will be quite hectic. :shrug:
Still, i will try to do as many of those as i can.

Today's deck is a true Ardal deck.
What does this mean? Remember when Ardal was revealed and everyone was trying to figure out how he worked, and ultimately most dismissed him as crap? Well, i kept on thinking and analyzing the cardpool... and i think i cracked it :smart:

[DECK OF 21-12-21]
[ARD BACK]

Note: Yen Invo is an amazing card, but i obviously couldnt use it here as it hinders the progress of thinning the whole deck, so i had to use other cards to replace it, like Vilgefortz or Glorious Hunt.

The deck is like 80% identical to Hyperthin, but with even more thinning. That's why i didnt write much on the guide on how to play the early rounds, as its mostly the same and players should be familiarized with it - just thin and pointslam.

But the finisher? A thing of beaut i tell you.
The goal is to make Ardal a troll card, and what we meme players dreamed of, is use him on a play where he ends up being 0, or even better, negative points to the opponent.

Most decks that run Ardal are Enslave 12, so they can put back on the opponent's hand any unit up to 12pts.
This one only includes 4 tactics, but even that isnt required as the target is the 1pt Cantarella, or as backup, the 1pt informant.
These were the 2 solutions i found for this troll Ardal.

The backup plan - Ardal on an informant, was toned down, becaused it costed too much power to the deck.
It relied on putting up a defender, put ALL your bronze units behind a defender, including the ones copied from opponents with informants, then give him back an informant without a way to target those bronzes behind the defender. Its also funny, but it relies on defender living, which is actually harder than thinning your whole deck to 0.

EXTRA: There are 2 bonus solutions to "Troll Ardal", using the same type of cards as this deck - the disloyal units.
Here i use informant or Cantarella... but if you use Ardal on a Roderick or Joachim on a mill deck after you fully mill... (only players even more evil than me would do this.)

Note2: Ardal is RANGED locked. On at least two occasions, i messed up a whole match of carefully planned thinning and sequencing by putting him on the melee row, dont make the same mistake :giveup:

Full Board - Free Vilge Kill.jpg

Cantarella on NG side, sacred flame on NG side, two fallen knights on NG side... so much stuff it shouldnt be where it is :ohstopit:

Also - you know how Vilgefortz gets a "free kill" (as in, it doesnt summon a unit from the deck) when you milled your opponent? Well, it also gets a free kill if its done on a full enemy board, as the game doesnt register the free slot its opening up.

Onslaught is completely busted after the rework.
IMO, easily the best leader ability in the game right now, maybe even ever.
And despite the insane value it gives, it's still one of the leaders that offers the largest amount of provisions, at 166 :confused:

Anyway, this thread isnt to discuss balance, its to share my decks.
And even though i dislike abusing OP cards and leaders, pirates is one of my all time favourites, so i couldnt miss it out...

[DECK OF 22-12-21]
[AGE OF PIRATES]

The good thing about this Pirates OP thing? Pretty much all the pirates and ships are viable, and since there's too many bronzes to include in a single deck, i took the chance to explore some of those that i hadnt used much, like dimun corsair or boatbuilders.

Note: dimun warship is one of my favourite bronzes (pirates and deathwish archetypes combined? sign me in!) but i didnt use it in this deck because its probably the only card that got worse with the Onslaught rework - by getting too much armor on it, you may not even get it to trigger its deathwish later on, unless you also include some serious self damage (there's one bronze pirate that does this)... Maybe on a future pirate deck, who knows... :shrug:

Needless to say, the deck wins a lot. And i've even had insta forfeits upon seeing my leader ability, which didnt happen to me in a long time, and i dont blame those opponents at all - ive done that too when the roles were opposite.

Extra note: i have included delirium in ALL my SK decks this season (4 so far). This isnt random, its a meta decision, in particular to target Saskia Commanders (with one leader charge - from Onslaught or Reckless Flurry) and she is gone, very effective and cheap.

DECK WEAKNESSES: (There arent many, but a few)
No good answers to counter swarm, although a lot of pings and control. No counter to scenarios (although Heatwave could be included instead of Iris Shade or Tyrggvi).
You can also have extreme bad luck and miss Oneiro and all your best cards the entire match :giveup:

Iris and Pirates.jpg

Here's a Iris Shade worth 18 points (and opponent had already used heatwave on Crach.

Usually i try to show screenshots that depict the deck at its strongest... With this deck there's just too many, obtained from 2-3 hours of testing: from 2-0s, making opponents forfeit R1 after i get CA with just Crach and bronzes, or wipeouts where i delete everything on opponents side for an entire round (usually when Crach isnt countered). I dont think its necessary to show any of those.

Deck of the day is back, for the last batch of decks of 2021.
I hope you all had a good Christmas, and now are ready to get back in Gwent!

There were 12 new legendary cards released this patch. Ive tackled most by now, but one i still havent is Arachas Queen, a card that supports the deathwish archetype. And in case you dont know, Deathwish is one of my favourite archetypes, so i had to do something special. Something different from the rest (Dethlaff HV, Ruehin, Madoc, etc.)
You be the judge...

[DECK OF 28-12-21]
[ALZUR'S REPLICATION]

This is a classic meme deck - fragile, only has one strong round and even that is easy to disrupt, and even when its not disrupted, you still need to sequence your cards carefully and have luck with RNG... but it can be insanely fun and powerful sometimes, which makes up for the other attempts.

Ive had this deck ready since the 23rd, but i didnt post then because i wanted more epic screenshots to share here. Hope they entertain you and motivate you to try this lunatic deck:

1st Try Alzur Madness - Before the Storm.jpg

4 Alzurs, are you ready?

1st Try Alzur Madness - Result.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Memes vs Memes.jpg

Battle of the memes: Alzur Army vs Simlas temperings on Aglais

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passiflora vs Alzur Army (Before).jpg

6 ALZURS ARE YOU READY?

Passiflora vs Alzur Army (Result).jpg

Apparently, there is a "tendency" for Alzurs to create the same card :shrug:
BTW that Idarran you see? That's not the original from my deck, which was heatwaved, it's one spawned by the first Alzur!

And this was a match where i clogged my board too quickly, the damage from opponent's Madoc actually really helped me out a lot to remove the 1pt units and replace them with bigger units!

Today, i tackle SY Firesworn.

I considered going non-devotion, to be able to create a more original deck, but the main reason would be to include 2x bone talismans, and SY already has 2 swarm payoffs in the form of dies irae and sacred flame which are really good, arguably better than bone talismans.

So, in the end i went devotion, and the result isnt super different from the other new firesworn decks out there, but it is quite strong and still has some "spice" that can surprise players... :cool:

[DECK OF 29-12-21]
[FIRESWARM]

This is not the first firesworn deck i post in this thread. Although i compared it with the previous one and i can safely say this version is quite the upgrade. And the one responsible for that difference is precisely the star card - Hemmelfart.

The other deck (posted in August) used Igor to create more bronze engines. Hemmelfart is a direct upgrade in almost all aspects: unlike Igor, it plays for its provision value on deploy; you can actually use all your bronze engines in previous rounds, as they will be revived from graveyard; on deploy, Hemmelfart immediately creates two threats (himself and the engine he brought); its fee ability feels like a bargain, as opposed to Igor's expensive fee.

Also, i think the inclusion of defender to protect such a powerful card as Hemmelfart is brilliant :ohstopit::
- most opponents dont expect Azar Javed on a firesworn deck
- SY defender actually has spawn synergies with fallen knights or scribes (although defender is usually the opener)
- there arent as many SK reckless flurries and NR sieges in the meta as there were a few months ago, making the defender scarabs a problem for most, by the time they're dealt with, your Hemmelfart already got huge value

Finally, even though most swarm decks take a while to fill up the board, firesworn is one of the most efficient ones and can be good in even short rounds, ive been able to win 4/5 turn rounds even when i was down a card, all i needed was Helveed and/or Hemmelfart, leader and Dies Irae.

Firesworn vs Assimilate.jpg

This deck already swarms too much, so the opponent's spies also clogging my side were troublesome.
Luckily i didnt have to discard anything, as i left my specials for last, i didnt use Helveed for more spawns and used his coins to transform zealots or finish up units with whoreson Jr, and my opponent's last card was the typical Yen Invo, which opened up more space.

I didnt do too many games with this deck, but ive obtained really great results (1 loss and 6/7 wins) and i do believe you will do too if you try it out. Good luck!

I still havent included any of the new NR cards added in December patch in one of my decks...
That's because i intended to include both in the same deck (yes, even when Radovid could be used in Uprising for extra scythemen, i already intended to use him for a different purpose).

And that deck's day is today... Stockpile fun!

[DECK OF 30-12-21]
[DEUS EX MACHINA]

I think since Stockpile is underrated, mostly because its harder to use than other NR leaders like Inspired Zeal or ShiedWall. But on a well-established board, a stockpile charge can be worth more than any other NR leader.

Most of the deck is your typical NR Siege deck, but since its all siege package, you have to distribute your top golds for each round, which isnt that hard as everything works well together, however placement can be quite tricky (two cooldown units adjacent to Henselt, two soldiers adjacent to Raffard's Vengeance and Foltest pride, etc.)

Note: Griffin witchers lock themselves on adrenaline 3, and this is not a griffin witcher machinegun deck (check PlainTalkJon for that), so if you plan to use your leader charges very late, they wont give value to griffin witchers, hence why i prefer to use them R1.

Consideration: Black Rayla is also a great cooldown unit to use, she needs to be boosted to deal 2 damage, but with a cooldown 1, you can get great extra value from stockpile charges. She wasnt included because boosting her wouldnt be so easy as with other leaders, and i prefer to use AA to boost a reinforced ballista out of removal range.

He who fires first wins (proof).jpg

This screenshot depicts an unspoken rule in Gwent:
Specifically in NR matches, and even more in Siege mirrors, the player who starts always wins.
And my opponent had the opener in R3, but chose to start with a weak bronze, i played my Siege, he played his siege, but i was one step ahead and wiped everything before he could establish anything meaningful.

On other matches however, it may be more fruitful to delay the siege for when you already have a few siege engines on board, to maximize bombardment value.

Last day of the year.
And last 'deck of the day' of the year!
116 decks i shared with you, hope it helped and entertained you, fellow forum users.

I finish with Skellige, with the last of the 12 new cards i havent used - Cerys Fearless.
(Milva Sharpshooter doesnt exist :sleep:)

[DECK OF 31-12-21]
[ART IS FEARLESS]

I love the self damage archetype, and Cerys is a very good addition.
Most players underestimate her and target other cards, and then she ends up being 15-20-25pts value on long rounds (same happens with Flaminica).

Also, i finally post a proper Artis deck im proud of, and he is one of those cards that often lead to early forfeits, when your opponent cant do anything about it.

You may find it unusual that i dont include neither svalblod priests or Melusine in this deck, as they're staples in self-damage... I simply dont like them, and i wanted to show they're not essential, in fact the deck might be even better without them as it wont go as tall, so you're less prone to massive punishments.

More Veteran Fun.jpg

A typical R1 with Veterans, Idarran (deceased) and Megascopes. Very cheap and can often lead to CA.

Artis loves forfeits.jpg

Like i said, put Artis behind a defender, and a lot of opponents forfeit.

Fully Healed vs Damage Deck.jpg

I did lose this match, but i still was very proud of my feat - a fully healed board against a SK warriors, with a ton of damage and pings!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! :ok:

Last edited:
Deck of the day is revived, for this week only!

My focus will obviously be on the cards released in Forgotten Treasures, since i wasnt playing when they were released.
But do not worry, i wont repeat what other creators have already tried - i did watch a good amount of videos and the decks featured here will be strategies i wish someone else did, since they didnt, i had to do it myself!

[DECK OF 10-05-22]
[TWO QUEENS TWO KINGS]

I saw all players struggling with Mutagenerator, and how to take value from it. All ended up focusing on its ranged row effect, for carryover, because it does not require a certain board to be established, and it combos nicely with Erland finisher.
But if you know me, you know what i like isnt huge, tall units, but swarming and wide boosts, and that's what i use Mutagenerator for.

REASONING: (you can skip this, but it might help you understand the deck better)

I chose Dun Banners because of my urge to be different, but a similar strategy with blue stripes is also possible, and probably even better.
Other swarm tools NR has, like kerack frigates or PFInfantry were considered, but since volunteers and left/right infantries are tokens, they have 0 provisions and you would need 0 prov units to be PLAYED to boost them.
Another possibility - my first idea actually - is going for a shield deck and swarming with immortal cavalries. But that takes too long to establish.
A final possibility - Draug. Those tokens mentioned above, if transformed into revenants become 4p, so subject to mutagenerator boosts. It might be stronger, but it takes a bit establish everything and the mutagenerator value will definitely be less.

Leader wise, i actually started with Uprising. But then i realzed Radovid isnt worth it (anymore) in Uprising, and while the scytheman were getting good value at the end, what this deck needed was better tempo early/mid matches, so switched to shieldwall, which is great protection against everything but NG (which will counter foltest and meve everytime).
That's also why i am not using defender to protect foltest - the leader charge is usually enough protection, and against NG they will still counter the defender without any issue and might even use it against you.

The initial version of the deck was Triple Dun Banners, with Renew for Pavetta, but didnt include Oneiro. But it was a disaster in consistency, and i never actually got them on all 3 rounds, and was often using Renew for crappy bronzes, and was even missing the cards to play them on two rounds, so changing to double DBs but with Oneiro is definitely a better choice.

Final Note: the deck got a little switch today with the update, due to AA increase in provisions from 13 to 14, arcane tome was ditched, but its ok, there should be enough consistency tools to work well.

Weaknesses - poor R1 hand without good means to create many dun banners. Control decks and NG.

Sad Newbie vs Dun Bananas Full Potential.jpg

This was against a poor beginner in casual that constantly put things in the wrong row, but it was a good opportunity to test the potential of the mutagenerator (actually, Meve was worth way more here, but exemplifies the setup you want for R3)

Another day another deck. Monsters, this time.
This faction seems to be dominated by relicts and vampires, but im not a fan of either, instead i gave it my best shot on a golden nekker deck focused on my favourite MO archetype (if we exclude swarm, which is unofficial) - DEATHWISH.

[DECK OF 11-05-22]
[NECRONOMINEKKER]

I worked so hard on this deck, this is the 3rd iteration, and still its far from perfect, but its finally on a level that it can be competitive.
The problem that i kept running into was anti-synergies.

I knew the core of the deck, that i wanted to build around, was necromancer's tome, and i wanted to keep it as a golden nekker deck, but the conclusion i reached is this amazing MO artefact is better on non-golden nekker decks, and i'll explain:

You want to include many pairs of good bronzes in a necromancer's tome deck, play one on early rounds, so it can be summoned later when the other is played. This means you probably want a lot of bronze pairs - more than the 5 i got in this deck - which then leaves a ton of provisions, which you cant fully spend even if you include a lot of 9p and 8p cards.
This means N. tome probably works best in a highly polarized deck, where you can even spend most of your top golds R1 to ensure round control, to set up a long R3 where the tome value - assuming it doesnt get removed (mine never did) - gets insane value.

ITERATION NOTES:
My first version included Succubus (and that's why location was first included) and operator, to get 2 of them on the GY early on, then play the rest with tome in a consume fest at the end of R3... i failed to notice the units summoned with tome get doomed, so when i consumed the succubus they wouldnt trigger their deathwish, so succubus + tome is anti-synergy.

I also wasnt sure on including Miruna and Manticore. There have definitely been metas where they were more valuable, there are too many tokens going around that hinder their potential - volunteers spawned by PM leader charges, the 2pt (now 1pt) siege masters in NR, rowdy dwarves, the mage assassins and golem tokens in NG, the crows spawned by SK's discard stratagem, etc.
I did keep them, because nobody plays around them which is a massive mistake and got me many wins in the end.

Ruehin was also a last minute addition - it's now only 9p, it used to be 10 or 11 i think, and although not as explosive as dethlaff HV, its more effective in the long term and there are barely any banishes, locks or seizes to counter him, so he's quite safe.

I even had curse of corruption in the deck, but it was a nightmare, i burnt my own units several times as barghests and witch apprentices get quite big and you cant discard it if its pulled from golden nekker, you are forced to play it - that's one of the anti synergies i mentioned - you want specials and artefacts that are good to be pulled with golden nekker anytime, and enough of them so as not to waste value.
DW Tome vs Vamps Tome (Censer Wins).jpg

I chose to share this image and not one of the more devastating wins because this one exemplifies the deck better:
The censer was my final play, without last say, and it was worth 22pts (targetting a unit behind defender) for 8 prov... my opponents regis was 19pts for 13pr right?
I did make a mistake and put lemmens a bit late, or i could have denied the second fleder, if i played it as soon as i saw that enemy tome.
And the Miruna generally gets great value against vampires, worst case gets a 3pt ekimmara.

Top Bottom