Developer Patch Overview 03.08.2020

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yenn's Invocation is OP, it's not just removal but also allows you to use the card later, making it super effective vs something like a defender and who doesn't want a defender of his own? Yenn should be 11 provision since it's basically an upgrade from Korathi Heatwave. At least cap it so that it can only take control of a unit of 9 provision cost maximum.

I like most what I've heared.

Too bad Vincent can easily kill Ciri Nova, that makes it a lot less interesting to build a deck around here. I'm expecting a meta ruled by NG this season.

Good patch over all, cant wait for the journey!

I'm really afraid of facing even more NG now.. dont know why they dodged the hammer when SK, MO and NR got hit (which is a good thing!). felt like it was almost every second match last season (i am aware it was "only" every 4th, but come on..).

Other then that I like most of the changes. Ciri Novs is interessting (but also a bit sad, since it was a fun and unique card).

Nova was a worse version of Ruehin. Naturally it had to go at some point.

Well honestly I was kind of worried it wouldn't, I didn't play much on mobile but the few matches I played I needed way longer for a turn than on PC or Console (where the time limit was already sometimes a bit challenging last year) but I'm not much of a mobile player in the first place so maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of mobile players will complain that the time limit is to short.

I play on Ipad and blitz isn't playable on that device I think. Console last year was bearly doable and Ipad is slower.

The reason that buffs on Eithne disappear at the start of every new round is because it's an evolving card, i.e. every round the card transforms into what is considered a different card. It doesn't say "without changing its power" like it says on some other cards that can transform. Simply keep at least one other ST unit in your hand as a boost target. The same goes for other evolving cards, e.g. Usurper in NG decks; his round 2 and round 3 forms trigger assimilate.

Hallo paleblue,
sorry but for me is it still sad.
Gwent give Scoiatael the option to buff with the Dunca or Cricle of Life a card in my hand and sometimes i can not chosse which one i buff ,so if i see the Eithne get in the first round the buff from Dunca or Circle of life, so i go really disappointed in the next round because i know they disappear and sorry it is difficult to play around this.

Yeah... the patch is a bit half-assed. Gerni hammer is great. But outside that I don't really like much.

1) Nothing meaningful done for ST. Certainly not enough to revive the old handbuff archetypes, I think. Eithne still eats up Dunca value, Rebuke still the only decent 5p, Echo is still utter shite. Come on!

2) Hammer to SW and Rupture, okay, could've been just removed from the game already but okay... but ACTUAL BUFFS TO SK??? 5p Priest is a huge buff, it's the best 5p engine in the game now, so SK has the best card in the game in yet another category. And another consistency card for devotion SK. This is ridiculous...

3) Vissebrick. WTF. That card kept NR afloat. And adding soldier tag to everything but not to COODCOODAK where it's most needed.

4) A few autoincludes for SY, Jacques in every deck maybe, Safecracker positively broken for Gord decks, but maybe they deserved it... But the swarm archetype itself got nothing.

5) Removing Imlerith, was that really needed? And memeing the Speartip and saying funny stuff like "Will it revolutionize MO, I don't think so..." Really, were there ppl on the balance team who thought so?

Anyway, changes are good even when some of them are not good. :)

DC9V

Forum veteran
I (obviously) like the reduction of the Second Wind nerf. Thank you, CDPR!

Hopefully SW will not be removed completely in patch 7.2. I wouldn’t mind if the target pool of SW is limited to druids, especially Ermion.

Lets see how SK plays out in the upcoming season. Gradual but incremental changes, like a hotfix in the first week of the season is preferable than giving SK the same treatment harmony has received.

Either way, season of the Draconoid is on. You should play it instead of ranked. The game is much more fun and vibrant, more importantly it is fast.
More matches, more variety. Which is what the community wants.

Please make season of the Draconoid a stand alone game mode in Gwent!

I (obviously) like the reduction of the Second Wind nerf. Thank you, CDPR!

Hopefully SW will not be removed completely in patch 7.2. I wouldn’t mind if the target pool of SW is limited to druids, especially Ermion.
They already stated that the 7 controlled double play leader abilities will be completely reworked and that they even shortly considered just deleting those abilities for the time being (until they are finished with the new versions).

Please make season of the Draconoid a stand alone game mode in Gwent!
[Suggestion] Blitz Mode (Draconid Seasonal)

As for the mode itself, and some of the complaints about not having enough time: imo the beauty of the mode is in that it requires choosing a deck that doesn't have a million Orders and/or any super complicated maneuvers. You can't just bring any deck there and expect to be able to play without running out of time.

PS. The Ice bundle looks pretty cool. Headless Demavend, not something I'd ever have expected to see in this game. :D

The Good -
  • They clearly care about the game and are constantly working towards improving it
  • They are finally addressing 2 card per turn leaders (albeit next month)
  • Some overpowered cards are being reined in slightly
  • A few more neglected cards are finally seeing a bit of love
  • They clearly do listen to the community and to feedback to some extent
The Bad -
  • Yet again the balance patch seems a bit too light touch and "wait and see"
  • Many regularly and validly complained about cards/mechanics remain unaddressed
  • They often seem to take the wrong approach to fixing certain issues
The Ugly -
  • It is taking them far too long to improve many aspects of the game, especially those directly related to the actual gameplay. I can understand them focusing heavily on cosmetics, as that is where they intend to make their money, but the gameplay experience is letting the whole thing down.
  • They still don't really seem to fully understand how their game plays and how to balance it
  • Problems that many identified months or even years ago are only just being acknowledged
  • They constantly fail to foresee fairly obvious pitfalls with planned and implemented changes
Overall, it's progress, but painfully slow progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom