Divinity: Original Sin

+
Leech is an incredibly useful talent to have on your melees because it makes you heal when you stand in a pool of blood so you heal when you attack enemies that bleed and when you're attacked. The only thing that has been able to kill Madora so far was myself because I'm trigger happy with fireballs.

It's $39.99 for me. Other regions can have other prices though.

I wonder, if I get it now, and later will switch to the Linux version, will I be able to reuse my saves?

Yeah I am curious about the regional pricing differences. Manually changing credit card regions on Steam shows me prices like:

Brazil: R$ 69.99 ~ US$31.62
Spain: 36.99 €
Germany: 39.99 €
Russia: 599 pуб ~ US$17.63

It's crazy how prices can vary so much. I can't see other regions on GOG.com though.

Last edited:
I think on GOG you set your location in your own profile. I'm not sure if they also check your IP or not. If yes, you can use VPN to bypass it for testing.

I think on GOG you set your location in your own profile. I'm not sure if they also check your IP or not. If yes, you can use VPN to bypass it for testing.

That's a violation of GOG's EULA. I wouldn't recommend something like that on CDP's own board here if I were you... ;)

That's a violation of GOG's EULA.

I doubt EULA can forbid such thing legally. It's not any different than you going to another country and buying the disk with the game there. Not that you should do that specifically, but it shouldn't be forbidden either. Anyway, in case of GOG there is no pressing need to do such a thing. It's more useful in cases when regional restrictions prevent one from buying something altogether (happens a lot in Australia and New Zealand for example).

There are even ISPs now which explicitly subvert Geo blocking as a service.

Last edited:
Or, what if you are travelling and want to purchase something from GOG.com but adapted to the region where you actually live?

In any case, that's why I asked.

People report problems with running it in Wine (some managed to run it successfully, but many didn't manage to run at all). Plus GOG installer installs all kind of stuff from .NET to DX without an option to disable that, which messes up the Wine prefix.

Last edited:
I am currently smashing my head at level 4. This game is HARD but also fun. The story and the setting seem pretty bland thus far but in some ways it is actually a good thing because it shows that an RPG doesn't need a good story to be excellent. I feel that lately RPGs have forgotten how to be fun like TW2 and DA:O but less in tha case of DA:O.

Forum veteran
Finally finished it. Great combat, but the story and puzzles and pacing all took a significant nosedive in its waning hours. So many annoying tiny hidden buttons and obscure puzzle solutions that suddenly pop up, all far removed from the polish of the early game. The final boss was disappointingly easy, too.

It's always fun having party members pick up and lug around a few oil barrels, though. Did you know that you can grab them? You can also snatch people's candelabras, which means you can set both pretty much anywhere and be a single casting of Deadly Spores away from completely murderizing everything in the blast radius. Lots of fun.

I really like that the game just lets you experiment. In the final fight with the Black Cove Pirate I was a little underpowered but I came up with a strategy. I used my spell caster to put about 8 patches of oil on the ground before the battle and then kept adding more. I lit it all with a candle and when they were all in flames I just stunned the main boss and as may others as I could and watched them slowly burn. THEN, beside all the other loot there was an "Ominous Key", I quickly linked the word ominous with the door at the beginning of the Black Cove, teleported, opened it and saw a bed and a few doodads. "No way, there must be more to this" so I searched and found anot so obvious ramp. I kept going down, collecting all the treasures and then faced the spider boss, after which I got PHAT LEWTZ and completed two quests. Wonderful.

I am hoping DA:I and TW3 will be as fun.

So if you don't mind answering,

1) How many hours did you get out of your first playthrough?
2) What percentage of the game content do you think you experienced?
3) How replayable would you say this game is?

Thanks!

So if you don't mind answering,

Thanks!
1)54 hours in, didn't finished yet.
2)From the areas i played so far, i didn't miss much. Let's say 90-95 % done. But i'm just past the mid-point.
3)Very much. Not in the Witcher 2 way "you must play the game 2 times to get the whole picture", but more in the BG2 and Arcanum way, tons of content and a huge variety of builds to experiment with.
And while it isn't at Obsidian's or CDPR's level as far as writing/narrative goes, from a gameplay standpoint is the best RPG since BG2 for me.

Last edited:

Forum veteran
Way too many. I don't have a specific number of hours, but the length of the game was almost exhausting. The amount of actual content is comparable to Baldur's Gate 2, but the slower pace of combat and large number of side distractions made it take about twice as long as it usually takes me to get through BG2.

Almost all of it. At a certain point toward the end, the game refuses to let you continue until you've found X amount of Macguffin stones, which forces you to either go around finishing sidequests in pursuit of more or spend two hours alternating between whacking a door and repairing your weapon until it finally goes down.

Not very. Enemy placement is predetermined and there don't seem to be any "evil" options that would unlock different story outcomes (that I'm aware of, at least), so while you could probably play around with different approaches to combat, I wouldn't say it's anywhere near as replayable as many other RPGs. Especially since many are likely to explore the magic/marksman/man-at-arms trees fairly heavily in their first playthrough.

That said, Larian might add some more companions at some point. That would be worth playing through the game again for, because the two NPCs that are in the game now are both interwoven pretty heavily into parts of the story. Otherwise, the game is a lot of fun, but it's not really one of those "start a new playthrough immediately after finishing" kind of games. Definitely worth re-playing a year or so later when you've forgotten enough of it for it to be like a new experience, though.

That said, Larian might add some more companions at some point. That would be worth playing through the game again for, because the two NPCs that are in the game now are both interwoven pretty heavily into parts of the story. Otherwise, the game is a lot of fun, but it's not really one of those "start a new playthrough immediately after finishing" kind of games. Definitely worth re-playing a year or so later when you've forgotten enough of it for it to be like a new experience, though.[/QUOTE]

New companions are probably coming sometime in august

Top Bottom