DLC 7+8 out now

+
My question was: How CDPR can add a new gwent card set without breaking game balance?
Now I have the answer! :D

The answer is "any way they want" since Gwent is horribly unbalanced to begin with. No cap on hero cards and such makes it so that the game depends more on how many nice cards you have than anything. Just make yourdeck containing ONLY the nice OP cards and it's an instant win.

The answer is "any way they want" since Gwent is horribly unbalanced to begin with. No cap on hero cards and such makes it so that the game depends more on how many nice cards you have than anything. Just make yourdeck containing ONLY the nice OP cards and it's an instant win.

Totally agree, just look at the monster deck. That faction is just plain bad. All they have is muster and that's not a good skill to have, on more than one or maybe two card types. Have to say a hero cap would be nice, but what I would like more is heros being rebalanced, more low power utility heros, less boring 10 power heros. Really I had to take heros out of my Northern Realms deck, because they lack utility, sure they can't be scorched, but they can't be buffed either and a static 10 power is really kinda low.

You're getting this stuff for free, other companies would charge you for every single bullshit like these ~2$ yet you are still complaining.

just Skins for Cards ... weak DLC :( - The Cardskins can be turned off in the Main Optionmenu (like Yen)

Most of the DLC has been pretty weak.

You're getting this stuff for free, other companies would charge you for every single bullshit like these ~2$ yet you are still complaining.

All of the DLC I've seen and have seen rumored to yet comes out looks like stuff that should have been in the base game from the start, if it wasn't in the first place. Seems like stuff they just pulled out and slapped a 'free DLC' label onto for publicity.

As that's how I look at it, I figure I already paid for this 'free LDC' when I bought the base game. I've only seen a couple of these 'free DLC's' that have really been worth anything, namely the Armors/weapons, but even those are questionable considering a lot of people aren't able to use them due to them being too low level when they come out or just flat out not as good as what they're already using.

I'm not complaining so much as annoyed that CDPR are dragging DLC releases out for 8 weeks when so far all of them seem to be things that were finished on release and should have been part of the game. Besides, if CDPR were actually charging for the DLC, maybe they'd have it all out at once and I could pick and choose what I wanted instead of waiting for two months for it all, when I'm likely not going to be playing the game anymore.

Last edited:

Tuco

Forum veteran
Can't really say I ever expected anything different.
The only genuine disappointment, free or not, has been the quest "Missing miners" so far; for something that came as a separate DLC it was spectacularly bland, even below most of the contracts already included in the vanilla game.

Card skins are welcome. It's just something a little extra, and more artwork in games is never a bad thing. Why people would drop sarcastic comments about this is beyond me

Totally agree, just look at the monster deck. That faction is just plain bad. All they have is muster and that's not a good skill to have, on more than one or maybe two card types. Have to say a hero cap would be nice, but what I would like more is heros being rebalanced, more low power utility heros, less boring 10 power heros. Really I had to take heros out of my Northern Realms deck, because they lack utility, sure they can't be scorched, but they can't be buffed either and a static 10 power is really kinda low.

The monster deck can actually be pretty OP if you have complete sets of the cards with "muster" and a bunch of war horns. Tho a lot of it is luck of the draw because having multiple cards from the same "muster set" in your hand negates their advantage. Also the special ability to keep one card from the last turn can be pretty useful for changing a "last round tie" to a win

It's kind of scummy to complain about free stuff. Especially when most other games would charge you for this level of stuff. I admit I was a little disappointed they turned out to be just reskins, but so be it.

as far as Gwent being balanced, it's NEVER been balanced. Get a few hero cards and the world is yours. I mostly enjoy Gwent for the collectibility factor though. Love checking out the artwork.

I don't think that hero cards (besides Geralt and Ciri) are so OP as many make them to be. It is true, they cannot be affected by "trap cards"... but they are not affected by positive buff cards, either. So a 8 Points Siege Tower with a Combat Horn is much stronger than most of the hero cards.

Last edited:
Any reason why this is not available on the EU PS store? last weeks DLC's were also unavailable until this week are we intentionally being left a week behind?

Last week I kept checking the responses on here and I asked SCEE why it was not available on the EU store and they responded with they have released all that was submitted to them and pretty much said CDPR didn't give them any DLC to release that week which would be odd with CDPR being a European dev why would they give preferance to all the other regions instead.

To CDPR,

Thank you for continuing to support, maintain and add to this game. That is all.

Cheers.

---------- Updated at 12:09 PM ----------

To CDPR,

Thank you for continuing to support, maintain and add to this game. That is all.

Cheers.

All of the DLC I've seen and have seen rumored to yet comes out looks like stuff that should have been in the base game from the start, if it wasn't in the first place. Seems like stuff they just pulled out and slapped a 'free DLC' label onto for publicity.

As that's how I look at it, I figure I already paid for this 'free LDC' when I bought the base game. I've only seen a couple of these 'free DLC's' that have really been worth anything, namely the Armors/weapons, but even those are questionable considering a lot of people aren't able to use them due to them being too low level when they come out or just flat out not as good as what they're already using.

I'm not complaining so much as annoyed that CDPR are dragging DLC releases out for 8 weeks when so far all of them seem to be things that were finished on release and should have been part of the game. Besides, if CDPR were actually charging for the DLC, maybe they'd have it all out at once and I could pick and choose what I wanted instead of waiting for two months for it all, when I'm likely not going to be playing the game anymore.

This is how retarded gaming market works since ~2010, mostly thanks to EA and Ubisoft. The difference is that those companies would charge you additionally for this cut out content, CDPR does not.

I can agree it's kind of marketing technique but in times when gaming companies exploits their DUMB customers I personally would call it a FAIR marketing.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that the quests might have been in a half-finished state before discs were made. No mater what, I think adding stuff to the game after release is very nice of them, it's not like the base game isn't big as hell to boot with.

This is how retarded gaming market works since ~2010, mostly thanks to EA and Ubisoft. The difference is that those companies would charge you additionally for this cut out content, CDPR does not.

I can agree it's kind of marketing technique but in times when gaming companies exploits their DUMB customers I personally would call it a FAIR marketing.

Exploiting dumb customers has always been and will always be a business tactic and a fair one. A business exists to make money after all and is not responsible for your personal finances. It's not even like they are outright trying to deceive you or force you to buy their stuff. They are just trying to make their product look as attractive as they can for as little cost as they can because the market is a competitive game.

Last edited:
How can you activate and deactivate the DLC if not using the galaxy app??
Because i can only find yens DLC in the games menu.

Still on 1.03

Last edited:
Top Bottom