Do any of the witcher community wants to play gw2?

+
Do any of the witcher community wants to play gw2?

So hi am really excited about an upcoming MMORPG called Guild wars 2.I like it so so much becouse it is not like any other MMO,you acutually fight to save a village with 100 other people and if you do,the village stays saved,if you don't it is occupied,to all players not just you.What you do matters,you have decisions with concequences.The combat is fantastic and all.I just want to ask if any of you witcher fans will play it with me,or some of you are interested in it?It is coming out this month!

P.S
If you play MMOs you will love this game becouse of innovative combat,strategy and all the MMO elemnts improved...

If you don't like MMOs becouse all the killing with no story or strategy or decisions with concequences.You will be amazed how this MMO is acutally an RPG online!I am just super excited...

EDIT:This game is all about teamwork,not like in WOW where you are fighting over loot,fighting over mobs and XP

here if you and some other people are doing a quest.If all 3 of them attack a boss the boss will get 3x stronger,but everyone is going to get the same loot,everyone is going to get the same amount of gold and experience as if they killed the boss alone.There is no DPS,TANK or Healer here,everyone does everything and help each other.Everyone on the server is your friend becouse PVP is Server vs Server,or Server vs Server vs Server,so basicly you work togeather,amazing MMO,that feels like an RPG,omg i am so excited!

Hmm... Tera was also marketed as a "unique MMO experience, with innovative combat mechanics" - ehm, no it isn't :D

I'm soooo done with MMOs, only thing I'm currently looking forward to is Runic Games' Torchlight 2 - THAT will be epic!

I, like many others, will never have an interest in an MMO that requires a monthly fee. I get all my games at a discount on Steam, and have dozens still sitting unplayed - and nothing can replace a true singleplayer story.

Tera sucks balls,no offence.As i mentioned above GW2 feels and is like an RPG,an adventure full of decisions and customization but with other people who acompany you on your adventures!

LurtzOfOrthanc said:
I, like many others, will never have an interest in an MMO that requires a monthly fee. I get all my games at a discount on Steam, and have dozens still sitting unplayed - and nothing can replace a true singleplayer story.

NO MONTHLY FEE,just buy and play for free forever

Guild Wars 2 is unique, unlike other MMOs that are advertised as such.

Unfortunately, I will have to give it a pass. I have Guild Wars with all expansions except Factions, and it's been a wonderful experience, but one thing I was never capable of is scheduled gaming. And a strong guild needs tight scheduling and serious teamwork. I'll miss my Mesmer for sure, but like all MMOs, it's a huge timesink. Those who do get GW2 - have fun, I'm sure it will be an unforgettable experience :)

IceEpicX said:
So hi am really excited about an upcoming MMORPG called Guild wars 2.I like it so so much becouse it is not like any other MMO,you acutually fight to save a village with 100 other people and if you do,the village stays saved,if you don't it is occupied,to all players not just you.What you do matters,you have decisions with concequences.The combat is fantastic and all.I just want to ask if any of you witcher fans will play it with me,or some of you are interested in it?It is coming out this month!
I played some of the first Guild Wars and liked it. But I want to play with my husband, not with 100 random strangers. I've been around the internet long enough to know that a group of 100 random strangers will have some very nice people in it ... and also some very nasty people in it. When you say that you fight WITH those 100 other people, do you just mean that the outcome of the fight depends on all those people, or are you actually playing WITH them?

IceEpicX said:
That's the beauty of Guild Wars. Although it's an MMO, the pricing is like any other RPG -- you buy it once, and then you own it; there's no monthly fee.

Dona said:
Guild Wars 2 is unique, unlike other MMOs that are advertised as such.

Unfortunately, I will have to give it a pass. I have Guild Wars with all expansions except Factions, and it's been a wonderful experience, but one thing I was never capable of is scheduled gaming. And a strong guild needs tight scheduling and serious teamwork. I'll miss my Mesmer for sure, but like all MMOs, it's a huge timesink. Those who do get GW2 - have fun, I'm sure it will be an unforgettable experience :)

I haven't played GW1.I think that sever vs server is much better than Guild vs Guild.This way the server is united.You help newbies who will help your server later.I mean you help your server becouse you are a big team who will work together in both PvE and PvP.People on your server are your big team :D!

Corylea said:
I played some of the first Guild Wars and liked it. But I want to play with my husband, not with 100 random strangers. I've been around the internet long enough to know that a group of 100 random strangers will have some very nice people in it ... and also some very nasty people in it. When you say that you fight WITH those 100 other people, do you just mean that the outcome of the fight depends on all those people, or are you actually playing WITH them?

That's the beauty of Guild Wars. Although it's an MMO, the pricing is like any other RPG -- you buy it once, and then you own it; there's no monthly fee.

The beuty of GW2 is that you create your own adventure.And you can play together with your husband but i'm sorry but one of the main part of the game is teaming up with other charathers,but you don't have to be in a party with them or speak with them.Let's say you are in a village,and suddenly wild bears attack it.You and all people in the village will defend the village from bears together.The beuty is you don't have to be in a party with them,you don't share XP,you don't share loot,you don't share gold.Let's say 30 people are fighting the bears,the bears get stronger depending on how many of you is there,if you contribute a lot in the fight you get better loot and more xp and gold,you never have to share it,everybodey gets their own loot and own XP and gold.And if somewone slacks during the bear battle or leaves,will get a small amount of XP gold and loot,and bears will get easier becouse of that slacker who would otherwise ruin it all

EDIT:An example of how fun concequences can be in GW2.

Bandits attack Villgae

Option 1:You and many other people defend the Village

Option 2:You fail to defend the Village

But then you will get a new mission named take the village back.There are countless of possobilites how can a server and your personal story turn out!

EDIT 2:You don't have to have complicated tactis with thease random people who you side with.There are no tanks or healers or DPSs,everyone is a combination of those 3.You do what you want in combat and your spells cooporate with other people's spells

Exaple a mage trows fire bolts out of the sky.Then an archer can fire arrows trough the fire balls,and the arrows will be on fire.There are countless of fun and spontaneus spells combinations that will force you to make friends and easily cooperate with strangers :p!

EDIT 3:After doing the event with random players,you will never have to see them again!

IceEpicX said:
I haven't played GW1.I think that sever vs server is much better than Guild vs Guild.This way the server is united.You help newbies who will help your server later.I mean you help your server becouse you are a big team who will work together in both PvE and PvP.People on your server are your big team :D!
Ah, I see, I didn't realise it was server vs. server. GW1 had a minor "server vs. server" feature in which PvP match winners would give their server "favour of Gods", which meant extra items and boosts... I think. It was just a little something extra for the players :)

I played with strangers quite a few times, and it was only once someone was rude to me (kicked me out of the party because I couldn't play that specific mission on Hard mode, even though I was asking for help in Normal mode in the first place. That was such a confusing moment.)

IceEpicX said:
The beuty of GW2 is that you create your own adventure.And you can play together with your husband but i'm sorry but one of the main part of the game is teaming up with other charathers,but you don't have to be in a party with them or speak with them.Let's say you are in a village,and suddenly wild bears attack it.You and all people in the village will defend the village from bears together.The beuty is you don't have to be in a party with them,you don't share XP,you don't share loot,you don't share gold.Let's say 30 people are fighting the bears,the bears get stronger depending on how many of you is there,if you contribute a lot in the fight you get better loot and more xp and gold,you never have to share it,everybodey gets their own loot and own XP and gold.And if somewone slacks during the bear battle or leaves,will get a small amount of XP gold and loot,and bears will get easier becouse of that slacker who would otherwise ruin it all

EDIT:An example of how fun concequences can be in GW2.

Bandits attack Villgae

Option 1:You and many other people defend the Village

Option 2:You fail to defend the Village

But then you will get a new mission named take the village back.There are countless of possobilites how can a server and your personal story turn out!

Yes, but it seems it will suffer the same problem as all other MMOs: required actions and schedules..
If for example I log into a MMO and just want to enjoy my own company for a short session, It's impossible to do very much worthwhile because of group quests and required team efforts.
Any loot worth getting is more often than not a team-effort - which leaves no place for soloing, except by killing boring mobs over and over again in order to get to the next level.

Casual gameplay is a big no-no in MMOs - but if there's noone around to help people who are stuck, they often have to abandon group quests and boss quests.. And since probably 95% of all MMO players are people who want to show off and rise to the top as fast as possible (just like in the real world LOL), casual players won't last long..

Lastly, if GW2 turns out to have the same playerbase as GW1 - it will be problematic for many: "NOOB! You *must* get these skills and use this build - otherwise we won't team up with you - NOOB!" ... Friendly and patient people indeed!

Dona said:
Ah, I see, I didn't realise it was server vs. server. GW1 had a minor "server vs. server" feature in which PvP match winners would give their server "favour of Gods", which meant extra items and boosts... I think. It was just a little something extra for the players :)

I played with strangers quite a few times, and it was only once someone was rude to me (kicked me out of the party because I couldn't play that specific mission on Hard mode, even though I was asking for help in Normal mode in the first place. That was such a confusing moment.)
Well it is nice that you can fight together without being in a party in GW2,i love it that it is so fluid and simple yet so epic!And if you win in a server v server you get much greater benefits for your server than in GW1

Vinterberg said:
Yes, but it seems it will suffer the same problem as all other MMOs: required actions and schedules..
If for example I log into a MMO and just want to enjoy my own company for a short session, It's impossible to do very much worthwhile because of group quests and required team efforts.
Any loot worth getting is more often than not a team-effort - which leaves no place for soloing, except by killing boring mobs over and over again in order to get to the next level.

Casual gameplay is a big no-no in MMOs - but if there's noone around to help people who are stuck, they often have to abandon group quests and boss quests.. And since probably 95% of all MMO players are people who want to show off and rise to the top as fast as possible (just like in the real world LOL), casual players won't last long..

Lastly, if GW2 turns out to have the same playerbase as GW1 - it will be problematic for many: "NOOB! You *must* get these skills and use this build - otherwise we won't team up with you - NOOB!" ... Friendly and patient people indeed!
Excuse me but you are very wrong.GW2 gives you an option to play as you want!Casual or PRO?If you want to play Casual you can!You don't have to have a friend list or anything,just epxlore,adventure around and you will find thing happening like Centaurs attacking merchants and you do things you want around the world,you can leave any time you want without penalty,if you are in just 50% of the event,you will still get XP and loot just not as good as if you stayed 100%.And an event is average 20 min long so you don't need to be hardcore.This game is mostly about events happening all around the world,and you can chose a side and who will you help and how will you play.Plus you have a personal,singleplayer like story to do when you don't have time to do anything serius.

Corylea said:
I played some of the first Guild Wars and liked it. But I want to play with my husband, not with 100 random strangers.

This sadly is what MMO seem to be catering too. It's odd really people playing a Massively Multiplayer and choosing to not player with others. Well Guild Wars 2 is still a good choice because the "endgame" isn't about raiding.

Anyway, I'm excited for Guild Wars 2. I like to try every MMO that launches. I'm still waiting for the next great sandbox myself. Star Wars Galaxies was my favorite.

Chromie92 said:
This sadly is what MMO seem to be catering too. It's odd really people playing a Massively Multiplayer and choosing to not player with others.
I don't like MMO's, so I don't play them. What I do like is playing RPG's in co-op mode with my husband or some friends, but there just aren't very many RPG's with a co-op mode. When my husband and I play Guild Wars together, it becomes a co-op game.

It doesn't take anything away from YOU for me to play the game the way I want to play it. I'm a modder, after all -- I think every player should be able to play their games the way THEY want to, as long as it doesn't infringe on anyone else. ;)

They send me Private beta code but never played it. My friend pre-purchesed the game but wont be playing as well.
I think I'm getting old because after playing RO,L2 and some WOW I cant look at MMO's anymore.. After a while you realize its the same game with new graphics.

Nah no more MMO's. I dont have time for this got bills to pay. I might get Tekken Tag 2 (only thing I might waste some time on)

Corylea said:
It doesn't take anything away from YOU for me to play the game the way I want to play it.

Well that depends. Clearly Old Republic tried so hard at being a single player game which does take away from the mutliplayer aspects ofcourse TOR was a big mess but still. They tried to hard catering to the single player crowd and now look they lost 1.4 million subs and the game is going F2P in less than a year. Guild Wars 2 does look better and Arenanet does have the experience I just don't want to play an MMO to find out the community doesn't actually play together.

I guess I just miss the days of Ultima Online and DAoC.

Corylea said:
I don't like MMO's, so I don't play them. What I do like is playing RPG's in co-op mode with my husband or some friends, but there just aren't very many RPG's with a co-op mode. When my husband and I play Guild Wars together, it becomes a co-op game.

It doesn't take anything away from YOU for me to play the game the way I want to play it. I'm a modder, after all -- I think every player should be able to play their games the way THEY want to, as long as it doesn't infringe on anyone else. ;)

Have you and your husband considered Torchlight 2?
I know, it's a ARPG, but I think you could have a good time - considering you're looking for co-op RPGs? ^^
Don't know how much you know about it - but it's just under $20 on Steam preorder, I think you still get Torchlight 1 for free when preordering, and no subscription fees whatsoever..
You can even make your own mods and upload them for others to play - right up your alley I think? :D

Top Bottom