Do ripper Doc all sell the same stuff?

+
Title says it all really, as it seems to me that all the ripper docs sell the same stuff.

It stands to reason that some ripper do's will have their area of expertise and get certain upgrades from the only.

Now there is no point exploring and finding stuff if this is the case. As I have been to several Ripper Doc's now and not noticed any variation.

Yes, all sell the same cyberwares. It mean that you can punch Fingers or kill/threat the one in Little china without major consequences :)
(I didn't really verify, but maybe those in Dogtown sell cyberwares unavaialble in Night City.Base game. But not sure^^).

it's not really that big of an issue. I think it's a good change and it's more for convenience. Just pop in anywhere and as mentioned above punch fingers. The real question is why do ripper docs just own some OP gear that appears at 40+. Would have been more immersive to have picked up some of the iconic Cyberware or even legendary versions through major side missions etc before being permanently available at all docs.

Yes, all sell the same cyberwares. It mean that you can punch Fingers or kill/threat the one in Little china without major consequences :)
(I didn't really verify, but maybe those in Dogtown sell cyberwares unavaialble in Night City.Base game. But not sure^^).
But hat is the who point of games like Cyberpunk, actions are supposed to have consequences.

For me, this just panders to lazy gamers and takes more away from the game than it adds.

Why have several ripper doc's when you can just have one, it makes the rest meaningless now.

But hat is the who point of games like Cyberpunk, actions are supposed to have consequences.

For me, this just panders to lazy gamers and takes more away from the game than it adds.

Why have several ripper doc's when you can just have one, it makes the rest meaningless now.
I assume it's for accessibility sake.
I watched quite a few playthroughs in which players only visted one or two ripperdocs during the whole game (mostly Viktor/Cassius) thinking they all sell the same cyberwares. By doing so, they missed a bunch of cool cybewares and interesting gameplay possibilities.

Beside, I also assume many found, that visiting each ripperdocs and taking notes about cyberwares (no way to remember stats for all cyberdeck for example^^) to be able to find the best ones, rather tedious (I guess plenty of players simply googled "best cyberdeck cyberpunk" instead of visiting each ripperdoc).
And if you already played the game, you should know where to find the cyberwares you want.. So at the end, it doesn't matter anymore either (for example pre 2.0, for me, Tetratronic Rippler Mk.4 > Charter Hill ripperdoc).

Exactly. It's dumbed down for lazy gamers/convenience.

It's not limited to CDPR either, nor just the gaming industry. For some reason, developers/publishers/film makers etc all seem to think that people need things to be spoon fed to them and for everything to be as convenient as possible.

Ideally, different docs should have different cyberware and unique stuff too.

I agree, it doesn't make sense lore wise why all the ripperdocs would carry the exact same stuff. I play into it by only going to Vik now because he's V's trusted pseudo father and allegedly the best in town.

It would've been cool if they carried mostly the same stuff but with unique gameplay modifiers (not just percentage increases) based on gang affiliation/district. Like how Fingers was the only one who had that unique Leg cyberware.

The Voodoo Boy ripper in Pacifica could have much cyberdecks with the most amount of RAM or the big guy (I think in Japantown?) could have the Toxic Mantis Blades , 6th street ripper could carry a Projectile Launcher with a couple extra missiles, etc...

Well business must booming:)
I have a question & I apologize.
I started a new Female V Nomad play through Yesterday. Then, I bought PL. exactly when do I start that DLC? Clearly not now as I’m playing slowly the main base game. Or if it’s a problem I can check pl, save changes and re-add it when the time comes. Any advice??🫣

I started a new Female V Nomad play through Yesterday. Then, I bought PL. exactly when do I start that DLC? Clearly not now as I’m playing slowly the main base game. Or if it’s a problem I can check pl, save changes and re-add it when the time comes. Any advice??🫣
Play through the game normally and at some point, you will receive a call from someone who in theory, you don't already know (spoiler free info^^). If you started your new character yesterday, it shouldn't be a problem :)

They didn't before but they changed it after the 2.0 update. I didn't like this change because it makes the Ripper Docs less unique now. It's one less incentive to go to certain parts of the City when you can just go to whatever Ripper Doc is nearby for everything.

While it's true that there's less incentive to visit each ripper doc for something unique, the truth is, prior to 2.0, I only went to certain ripper docs and only on a few occasions (basically when I hit certain level/street cred requirements).

However, in 2.0, you pretty much have to visit a ripper doc each time you gain a level or so, and so you're constantly encouraged to visit ripper docs. Often I'll level up and just go to the closest ripper doc, so I've still visited many of the ripper docs, even though they don't sell anything different. In contrast, pre-2.0, I'd visit a doc maybe a handful of items on the way to level 50 because you would only upgrade when you met certain requirements.

However, they do have some variation in what ripper docs sell, because I think you have to go to Dog Town for some of the more advanced cyberware.

2.0 just makes the act of upgrading cyberware feel more immersive, at least for me.

Last edited:

I would argue the opposite. A lot of people would make choices based solely on gear/reward/outcome, A lot of people who would want to punch Fingers would not because of being locked out of gear. Now from an RP standpoint, you can punch him all you want and still get the good Cyberware. In many ways it's less restrictive of player choice.

Now obviously if you like the idea of content/items being locked behind choice it's a bit of a bummer, but generally I think for most players they would see this as a positive change allowing for maximum RP without the loss of player customization.

The one thing I will agree with, is "Iconic" Cyberware should be unique to rippers, like everyone has basic versions of things up to tier 5, but you can only get the "Iconic" version from one or 2 specific people. There is Cyberware unique to Dogtown so that's cool.

Play through the game normally and at some point, you will receive a call from someone who in theory, you don't already know (spoiler free info^^). If you started your new character yesterday, it shouldn't be a problem :)
Your the best. Thank you, Honestly for helping me understand.

They didn't before but they changed it after the 2.0 update. I didn't like this change because it makes the Ripper Docs less unique now. It's one less incentive to go to certain parts of the City when you can just go to whatever Ripper Doc is nearby for everything.

They should at least charge wildly different prices for the equipment, so you would search for the best price on this but on that the price is better over at the other Rip Doc...

So you would still find everything at each doc BUT different prices doc to doc on various items. I think that is how it was with TES and Fallout merchants for items they all carried. But they many also had items other merchants did not.

That's why it's best to let that little shit ripperdoc live on top of the scav site, buying all the gear for dirt cheap, then dropping a few grenades/rockets his way, walking out the door.

The whole vendor system in the game kinda took a backward step in immersion.

Top Bottom