Do we get to choose one faction at the beginning of the game?

+
Do we get to choose one faction at the beginning of the game?

I am wondering if at launch, we will get the basic decks for all factions or if we will have to acquire other faction decks by unlocking leaders. Has there been any news on that matter? And sorry if it has already been officially stated somewhere.

I am wondering if at launch, we will get the basic decks for all factions or if we will have to acquire other faction decks by unlocking leaders. Has there been any news on that matter? And sorry if it has already been officially stated somewhere.

As far as I know we get basic cards from every faction to be able to prepare decks for each.

Not all factions right at launch and you need at least one leader card to be able to play that faction's decks. If you mill all leader cards of one faction, you can no longer play that faction's decks until you re-obtain a leader card of that faction again.

Not all factions right at launch and you need at least one leader card to be able to play that faction's decks. If you mill all leader cards of one faction, you can no longer play that faction's decks until you re-obtain a leader card of that faction again.

So, does it mean we need to choose one faction at launch or we get a bunch of cards and according to the leaders we find, we get the factions along with them?

So, does it mean we need to choose one faction at launch or we get a bunch of cards and according to the leaders we find, we get the factions along with them?
I don't have all the info on this but you do get at least one keg (card kegs = card packs) at launch, so you definitely can get a leader card from there. CDPR is also working on a way for us to get/unlock leaders other than kegs.

Side note: Leaders are no longer "regular cards" so you might not be able to mill them anymore

---------- Post merged on 15-10-2016 at 12:17 AM ----------

Side note: Leaders are no longer "regular cards" so you might not be able to mill them anymore
On second thought, milling should still be an option as you can always get extras.

Ah ok, thanks for the info. I had wished we could at least choose which faction our first leader would be from. But, well, it's a game and we have to accept the rules.

I had wished we could at least choose which faction our first leader would be from
You still might, not everything's set in stone yet, but this can lead to a disproportionate number of players choosing the same faction/deck type right at launch.

Top Bottom