Do we want Witcher 4 ?

+

Do we want Witcher 4 ?

• Yes, playing as Geralt again. Can never get too much Geralt.

Votes: 400 40.9%
  • Yes, with new predefined character, created by CD Projekt or Sapkowski.

Votes: 243 24.9%
  • Yes, with our own custom created character.

Votes: 172 17.6%
  • No, CD Projekt should create new IPs, new worlds. Witcher has ended.

Votes: 162 16.6%

• Total voters
CDPR can create new brilliant and well developed characters. They proved this already. I would greatly prefer for them to make their own characters instead of butchering using already established ones from the books.

Agreed. Using an established world, setting, characters and storylines can tie writers hands too much in the long run.

CDPR can create new brilliant and well developed characters. They proved this already. I would greatly prefer for them to make their own characters instead of butchering using already established ones from the books.
To be fair CDPR did not butcher any established characters from the books. They even made some better. In my opinion Ciri as a character is better in the games than the books. At the same time although they did not butcher Yennefer, but the Yen from the books was a more complex and intriguing character with unknown motives at times. So it is give and take.

To be fair CDPR did not butcher any established characters from the books. They even made some better. In my opinion Ciri as a character is better in the games than the books. At the same time although they did not butcher Yennefer, but the Yen from the books was a more complex and intriguing character with unknown motives at times. So it is give and take.

IMO they butchered A LOT of book characters (some of them literally): Ciri, Avallac'h, Eredin, Dandelion, Triss, Sabrina, Sheala, Assire, Demavend, Dijkstra. And I'm pretty sure I missed someone.

Guest 3847602

IMO they butchered A LOT of book characters (some of them literally): Ciri, Avallac'h, Eredin, Dandelion, Triss, Sabrina, Sheala, Assire, Demavend, Dijkstra. And I'm pretty sure I missed someone.

Francesca Findabair comes to mind, she was butchered into oblivion. Dat Gwent card, though...
:surprise:

I understand your concern but honestly most of those bad sequels failed because they changed the very charismatic and well designed main character to a boring and witless person. Honestly I dont mind the time They can take even 10 years to make next witcher if they like. But saying yeah we dont want Geralt is pointless for me cause I wouldnt really love the Witcher so much if not for it's brilliant and well developed characters - Ciri, Geralt, Yen, Triss, Zoltan Dandelion and many more. And my favourite is by far Geralt as many people in this poll may agree as I can see it.

Exactly :)
I must admit that I have modded Geralt to make him doesn`t look like some 65 year old geezer :D but it`s still Geralt, the same interesting and sarcastic Geralt in the whole gameplay and in all dialogue scenes.
There is just no Witcher without Geralt.
And the most bad thing they can do is saying, well Geralt is not trendy anymore and we must add some generic boring guy as new protagonist just to add "something new".

I personally would like to see Geralt and Ciri as two Witchers every day on the look for new adventures, hunting zombies and kikimoras and strigas and stuff, Geralt with his already well known Witcher abilitys (Swords with Yrden, Axii etc.) and Ciri....................well I would like to choose the abilitys Ciri has and the ability trees by myself to make the whole gameplay more interesting and more uniquè.

If I like someone, for example Geralt, I don`t need "something else and something complete different" just for the sake of change! Please never put Geralt away and out of the game.
But: If you CPDR guys again feel that strange urge to make some 70 year old completely normal and not even cool mutated-looking grandpa as Geralt protagonist in the next game, I will AGAIN use a mod for a 20 year old and beautyful Geralt with some freaky mutant features like Cat eyes or strange veins on his face or something like that for the extra awesome mutant feeling.... ;)

I will AGAIN use a mod for a 20 year old and beautyful Geralt with some freaky mutant features like Cat eyes or strange veins on his face or something like that for the extra awesome mutant feeling....
That sounds like a good plan!!! I agree and will do the same!!! Perhaps you can share that mod when the time comes... :lol:

I probably won't be as much as interested in Witcher 4 if it doesn't feature Geralt as the primary protagonist. Plain and simple.

Last edited:
I probably won't be as much as interested in Witcher 4 if it doesn't feature Geralt as the primary protagonist. Plain and simple.

How do you know ? The new protagonist and other characters could be just as interesting after playing for a few hours. :) After all, Geralt is also entirely new for someone who plays TW3 without knowing anything about the previous games or books (that is, probably the majority of players), yet people like the game.

I would not like Ciri as the new protagonist, though.

I would be happy for more expansion content for witcher 3 atm, the world is big enough for it and there are places on the map you cannot go yet.

I'm hoping the next Witcher game lets us create our own Witcher. Say maybe Geralt got the KM school going again and has started training a few people to be witchers, that or there are a couple of other schools out there not mentioned yet. It would be cool to be able to customize our own character and even learn different new abilities.

Like say maybe instead of just casting signs at the enemies or as traps we can find different uses for them. Such as casting igni on our swords to make them flaming swords, or maybe we can choose to learn more about magic. I for one would love to be able to learn the cool teleport dodge ability Olgierd has.

Maybe if you saved him in your playthrough of HOS, you can run into him, and depending on how things go, he'll teach you.

Or you can find other ways to dabble in magic and learn yourself.

---------- Updated at 11:08 AM ----------

I want to be able to create my own witcher character, who travels around and maybe even learns a bit from a few of the other witchers that are still around.

Geralt shouldn't be the main character as all his main story stuff is nicely done and wrapped up. I would like to see him in more of a mentor role, or perhaps he is looking for ways to get the Witcher schools up and running again.

Kind of like how Luke Skywalker started training Jedi after RoTJ, only this time we can hopefully go the EU route where he was successful and got several Jedi temples and training schools up including the main one on Coruscant instead of having to watch some EMO teen kill all his students.

Geralt shouldn't be the main character as all his main story stuff is nicely done and wrapped up. I would like to see him in more of a mentor role, or perhaps he is looking for ways to get the Witcher schools up and running again.

That wouldn't make sense, since in one of the endings Geralt is retired. Besides all the witchers at Kaer Morhen were against the idea of making new ones. And even if they wanted to, they don't have means to accomplish it.

That wouldn't make sense, since in one of the endings Geralt is retired. Besides all the witchers at Kaer Morhen were against the idea of making new ones. And even if they wanted to, they don't have means to accomplish it.

Geralt playing the mentor role would make perfect sense. He's retired, that means, he's not traveling the World getting caught up in everything. That doesn't mean he's just gonna sit around KM or some cabin in the woods some day. I can totally see him getting a bit bored and becoming a mentor/trainer to a new character.

And while the witchers of KM may be against the idea of training witchers, they and the rest of the world can come to realize that it's needed. As of W3 there are no known schools currently training witchers, and with witchers retiring and/or dying, that means the monster population is gonna rise and soon people are gonna come to realize that witchers or some new order that can effectively kill these monsters are greatly needed.

A big part of the plot can be the conflict of the raising and training witchers. Yes, the process is brutal, between the training and the mutations, not many survive and then not a lot of those that get through all that even make it very long on their adventures of traveling the lands and slaying these monsters.

A good part of the story and quests can be looking for ways to alter the mutations such as the trial of grasses to make it a lot of safer with better chances of survival and even try and get these new formulas to other schools so they can train better witchers too, and also in cases like that Cat School, they can get rid of a lot of nasty side effects such as turning insane and sometimes killing everything they see.

I can totally see the player character looking for clues, finding old knowledge and consulting mages and looking for druids like Ermion or alchemists that would be willing to help.

I love the witcher world so i would really love to see a new witcher game, however i think alot of people will be happy if you can creat your own char, like in the elder scrolls game.

If it yes but without Geralt then why not user created with an option to use one of the book characters, say Lampbert, Ciri, Triss, Dandelion or Yen? I mean if it is not going to be based on Geralt then why not give us the option to play as one of the main book characters or as a player defined character?

Top Bottom