Do you think LifePaths will gate romance ?

+

Do you think LifePaths matter in gating romances?

• Yes

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 30.8%

• Total voters
I don't think lifepath will be a hardgate to romance. It's been said just because you start as one life path doesn't mean you can't end up making choices that would normally be more associated with another. Sure there are dialogue flavors and work-arounds that one lifepath has which others lack, but V can still make choices not defined by her past. You can be a nomad who leaves the badlands behinds and embraces all things in the city. You can be a streetkid who sells out and does whatever militech asks them to. You can be a corpo who decides to go help out the caravans in the badlands.

Assuming that is still true, it would seem weird for social/romantic content to be gated off by a past that does not reflect the choices made by V during the game. I would expect choices of the player and NPC gender preferences to be the two main gates to romances in the game.

I think it should matter for some cases, at least some specific cases. Imagine that you go to the badlands with a pj Corpo and find someone that the Corpo destroyed his life and blabla things like that, with that character instead of a romance the most that could be gained is not to leave his presence with a bullet in the head.

If the past doesn't matter at all and it's just decisions then it's not the past, it's just "clothing starter pack".

A world where everyone is valued based on their decisions and talents is very fantasy, even more fantasy than one where people can put robotic parts on their bodies. :beer:

I think when everyone starts to realize life path + character body type + player choices + multiple other factors start to gate NPC dating options.... everyone is gonna be like "refrigerator music band person was correct, we must enable the date any date-able npc option at once, oh and open the emergency peanut butter, this situation calls for it."

:smart::coolstory::beer::shrug:

G30M1

Forum regular
I think when everyone starts to realize life path + character body type + player choices + multiple other factors start to gate NPC dating options.... everyone is gonna be like "refrigerator music band person was correct, we must enable the date any date-able npc option at once, oh and open the emergency peanut butter, this situation calls for it."

:smart::coolstory::beer::shrug:

oh god you're bringing that into this thread too? Stick to the topic.

I don't think it will, I think what will define that are the choices you make ingame afterwards. Otherwise, romances might have to be very strategic. Depends on your gender, life path, and choices you make during gameplay? You better calculate well who you're gonna romance and adapt to that. But if it's just gender and choices, its makes it a little bit lighter.

I don't think it will, I think what will define that are the choices you make ingame afterwards. Otherwise, romances might have to be very strategic. Depends on your gender, life path, and choices you make during gameplay? You better calculate well who you're gonna romance and adapt to that. But if it's just gender and choices, its makes it a little bit lighter.

Depending on the lifepath and actions you make, I hope it will influence how romances play out. Like (again) in DA2 with the rivalry romances, the "I hate everything about you, but I love you," type of deal or "I love how we're so alike, I love you" thing. Meredith calling V a dirty street rat and looking down on him as opposed to seeing Corpo V as an equal (maybe) :shrug:

Depending on the lifepath and actions you make, I hope it will influence how romances play out. Like (again) in DA2 with the rivalry romances, the "I hate everything about you, but I love you," type of deal or "I love how we're so alike, I love you" thing. Meredith calling V a dirty street rat and looking down on him as opposed to seeing Corpo V as an equal (maybe) :shrug:

Same! I think it will actually. Maybe you just need to work harder or something like that. Like, it's easier to woo Meredith as an ex-Corpo cause you understand her better and have those cool corpo choices, but maybe depending on how you choose to do things she can like you even if you had a streed kid/nomad past. Starting by not letting her get killed in the Maelstrom mission lol.

It would make sense if life paths had influence on romances. Down to some romance options refusing to engage due to prejudice or status. Or previous experience with someone like yourself. Corpo love interest not being interested in a corpo partner because previous corpo-corpo romance was a trainwreck, for example. Or maybe it can affect how romance goes. Something silly like revenge cheating to make an ex feel bad, lol.

oh god you're bringing that into this thread too? Stick to the topic.
Well it is related, like directly to what I was already talking about... in the thread that I made first.... But no worries, I'm only here to make a joke. You could tell it was a joke right? I'm trying to lighten the mood. :ROFLMAO:

VelWu

Forum regular
That makes me wonder if you can have a romance with a joyboy/girl lol. You just order them for a laugh (ahem lol), but then they turn out really interesting and you can help them escape that life :cry:

Aren't there already fictions in both West and East that explore this very topic? They are usually so heart-breaking, too.
But who cares, I'd totally do it! :cry:

Top Bottom