Do you think the MP will turn into a cash cow for CDPR?

+

Are you interested in CP77 Online?

• Yes

Votes: 26 25.2%
  • I'll check it out, doubt I will spend too much time with it

Votes: 17 16.5%
  • No

Votes: 60 58.3%

• Total voters
title doesn't even match the poll. you're asking two questions

1. do i think, through microtransaction and increased sales, that the game will see a sudden increase in gross revenue? no. i can't see them having micro transactions and i think those who were interested in the game have in large part already purchased it

2. am i interested in using a free addition to the game? sure why not

I think its a terrible idea to make this MP. and if they do, its MP will be about as fleshed out as CP2077's RPG elements

I honestly can't see how this game would work in multiplayer other than being COOP. the entire games systems are terribly designed for multiple players at once.

They aren't making "This" MP. The MP will be it's own Standalone and prolly won't be a concernfor CDPR till late 2022 or early 2023....

Why do people keep thinking that CP77 is gonna have MP all within itself? CDPR has stated it'll be a standalone down the line.

They aren't making "This" MP. The MP will be it's own Standalone and prolly won't be a concernfor CDPR till late 2022 or early 2023....

Why do people keep thinking that CP77 is gonna have MP all within itself? CDPR has stated it'll be a standalone down the line.

Probably because the game I had downloaded onto my PC is full of code and settings for multiplayer

I don't really multiplayer often, if at all. If it's something like Saints Row 3, then I can see that becoming "try this if you dare" territory.

Given the big picture painted by their complete lack of game balance thus far, MP would be an ungodly mess of biblical proportions. To be clear I like the idea. That said, I think actually executing that idea is well beyond CDPR's current scope of focus given the meddling of their execs.
I'd much rather they focus on fixing this game, putting out solid content for it, and settling their in-house honesty and work ethic issues.

We all know how well GTA 5 Online has been doing (or done) do you think Cyberpunk 2077 will have the same kind of success or even a fraction of that? Personally no, with the amount of disappointment generated from the fans and all the negative press its gotten, I doubt people are keen to jump into this, could be wrong. But what do you guys think? Are you going to dwelve heavily into CP online?

The GTA 5 Online comparison will only work if they will model the CP MP in similar fashion, otherwise it's hard to say.

I'd say if they do, they have a solid basis to work with: The whole of the Cyberpunk lore as we know it from Mike Pondsmith. If it becomes similar like GTA:O with a more FPS based approach and less like a classic clunky MMORPG, then I would even pay monthly for it - if of course the quality is good and it's fun to play in a city with many opportunities and even factions to pick (by signing up or building rep). An open world approach is a big plus for me.

We all know how well GTA 5 Online has been doing (or done) do you think Cyberpunk 2077 will have the same kind of success or even a fraction of that? Personally no, with the amount of disappointment generated from the fans and all the negative press its gotten, I doubt people are keen to jump into this, could be wrong. But what do you guys think? Are you going to dwelve heavily into CP online?

I thin that by the time they release multiplayer all the negative press, hate train and other "popular" crap will be long forgotten and past. It has nothing to do or affect CDPR in any way once they fix all bugs in this game + add some features in expansions.
Post automatically merged:

At least when Angry Joe or SkillUp give it a 10/10

AngryJoe? You find this dude reliable and base your opinion on his? Well...

i say ditch multiplayer and concentrate solely on single player! online is so fucking toxic not to mention griefers and server costs.

I voted for No...
God i hope they dont try that.

I think their community already suffers enough with this game.
But if they really want to try to pull this off, they will fall on their faces very hard.

I already imagine hordes of naked dudes/girls running around night city and empty every vending machine possible.

I would have loved something like a cyberpunk GTA Online type of game but lets be real, going forward I'll be highly skeptical of anything CDPR produces that is above the complexity of Tetris.

Way to early even for a speculative talk.

This depends on how well the game improve in the upcoming year and IF multiplayer will still be in development.

I don't really like multiplayer online games as much as I like single player, from CDPR I expect to get my single player-offline fix, so there's barely any interest in the Cyberpunk MP.

That being said, with the kind of money that online games generate, I figure if they fix the issues and have a solid MP concept this will be a success.
Let's not forget that 13 million sales (with returns included) is a huge number of potential players, even if like me the majority isn't that interested in it, that will probably be balanced by people who only really want to play multiplayer.

I think MP should be put on the back burner.

I'd like the first 6 months but fleshed out with more hugs with Jackie.

GTAO was fun to play, but i hated the direction R* took with it because they totaly abandonned the SP in favor of the Online, only the modding was / is there to save the SP, but that's just disgusting.

So, CP2077 online in that situation... yeah but no. And even more NO because the base game still requier SO MUCH work.

Top Bottom