Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
His behaviour at the Landsmeet was truly idiotic...but a stupid character is not necessarlity a bad one, on the contrary, it makes him better, I fully expected him to become a cliched "king who becomes king because he doesn't want it", Instead he acted like a total jackass at the landsmeet, wanting to become King (an idea he hated) just to take revenge on Loghain. In a way it was quite fascinatig.

Thinking about it, I reckon - from the various discussions over the years - they were a good cast of characters. Just because I didn't use, or maybe like some, doesn't mean they didn't do the trick for others. In fact it kind of implies they were suitable for others. Anyone want to bet on DA:I's companions minions followers - feck it - eye candy managing to be sooo... inclusive (damn is that even the right word?)

I do remember a lot of people saying Logain was a great comp.

edit: stupidity reminds me I meant to comment on the Wasteland 2 comments in this thread regarding "deliberately stupid characters", that sounds quite excellent, and probably my winter game...

Last edited:
I thought his behavior at the landsmeet was perfectly justified to be honest. Loghain got away with waaay too much if you let him live. Even though I actually get Loghain's character and why he did a lot of the terrible things he did, I'm not the forgiving sort. Not in my bones, which is ironic since I'm Christian, lol. There are some things that require the strength of the Lord to forgive, and that's not a strength he bestowed upon me.

And because of that, I chop the motherfucker's head off every single time. I tried to let him live once, but couldn't do it. The very idea of letting him live, and having the honor of being a warden? Nope. Duncan can do that, if he was alive. Me, I don't care if one more warden is the difference between victory and death. You are unforgiven.

Last edited:
Aye, since I was playing a human, killing Logey was unavoidable, or else rolebreaking for me. I don't really recall anymore, but could Alistairs behaviour have been deliberately designed to give the player a moment to think on letting Logey live? Maybe I'm giving BW too much credit here, but as I said, I liked DA:O, and Awakenings, and even the splodge that was DA2 hasn't changed that.

I'm sure it was. It was one of the more memorable moments in the game for me, because I was somewhat tempted to let him live. Howe was the main reason your family dies, but I like my revenge to be complete. How could I look my brother in the eye if I told him that I let him go? After he lost his wife and kid?

Something I found odd was if you never played Origins, or you don't use an old save from Origins, in DA 2, Alistair is automatically the king, and somehow Loghain still lives. Kinda stupid given that I'm pretty sure you couldn't do that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I found that out because I didn't have my origins saves the first time I played DA 2. Had to replay it again.

I found it, he can be king and Loghain live if Alistair is hardened (that's what she said, lol).

I never got that option, because what douchebag would be a douchebag to Alistair enough to get him hardened? lol

I have only seen a bit at e3 of DAI. Not sure if it's my cup of tea. I liked origins, and parts of DAI sound nice and cool but other parts turn me off. Something I heard about building your army and dispatching them to places. I like to play an RPG, not a real time strategy game. :/

I know what you mean, but I don't mind new systems being added myself, as long as old ones aren't hobbled, or ditched, and it's really a thinly veiled gender genre change.

That, the eminently gratifying but weak narrative path they've been on, and the feeling this is designed to be digital cocaine, are what have me concerned.

When it comes to game developers that have something to prove like Bioware does, new systems always worry me. I wonder how much they've been focusing on new new new, rather than writing and story.

I know the teams are unrelated, but I'm sure the writers don't actually get final say on what goes in the game.

I've worked on software projects, not games, and not as big as they would be, but - and any large project no matter the industry would have similar problems - bad decisions can be made leading to compound errors, "circles of silence" can form where people just stop freely contributing, and a minor mass hysteria can set in. People can easily fool themselves you know? I wrote a report on it before, based on Catastrophe Theory (no not planets colliding ;)).

Bigger the team, project, and more crazy the boss, and well.... doom doom doom *BABOOM*.

You guys really talk about companions for more than 300 pages now? Seems to be the only thing you are intersted in...wow...

I was never attached to ANY companion in the Dragon Age series.

You guys really talk about companions for more than 300 pages now? Seems to be the only thing you are intersted in...wow...

With all due respect... actually read the thread dude. If you go back, what, two or three pages, you'd see that isn't the case. You know what they say about assuming things.

Top Bottom