E3 2018 and Beyond- What I think will happen

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
BeastModeIron;n10230662 said:
LegacykillaHD is some 20 year old kid who makes youtube videos for games he likes, that's it. There is no proof anyone with actual information in the video game industry is talking to this guy and he has certainly not given that proof either.

Did you know people can make a lot of money hyping games up for 3 or 4 years with weekly videos until the game comes out only to find out 90% of their content was bullsh*t speculation. Yeah

The idea that a Sony employee is giving him inside information about CDPR giving Sony a test demo for the ps4 is strange to begin with. Development kits for ps4/console hardware spec would and should have been in place internally at CDPR long before now, so this rumor is dumb.

A dev kit for a possible ps5 would make much more sense, lets wait and see if that's the next "Factual source leak" buy Sony CEO talking to less then known youtubers.

So this rumor suggests that CDPR is somehow only working on Cyberpunk from their computers without any knowledge of console specs and don't know if its going to work on consoles at this point in development, so they have to send Sony test demos to make sure it works? No, I'm not buying it, that's ridiculous.

I'm rather getting very annoyed from all this youtube speculation that has everyone clearly contradicting themselves and others, and very clearly just making sh*t up. It leads to CDPR having to defend themselves when no one has 100% facts on anything.

Just look at the speculation on social media alone, and youtubers are no different, they just jump on the latest news buzz and run with it.

Trust me, when CDPR want you to know, you will know. Currently all they want you to know is *beep*, but youtubers want you to believe they know the current state of the game. Don't buy into it.

I wouldn't worry about CDPR developing the game. They have proven themselves time and again, so until there's reason to doubt them, don't. At least I'm not going to worry right now. The future of CDPR is now resting on this game, and they have the original creator himself at the helm. Its the opportunity of a lifetime, I'm sure they're not going to start slacking now.

will be that they can not launch for two generations just like Rockstar did
as I chose the PC as my platform this idea is not good gave me an agony wait GTAV although I received the game with the maximum quality

New Year

2018 has arrived. Won t you release some new trailer, gameplay or anything new to tease us and raise the hype? I was expecting something one of these days :)

Guest 4149880

Snowflakez;n10230922 said:
Yep, pretty much this. The "story" is already getting picked up by the crappy, regurgitate-news-2-weeks-after-it-comes-out "gaming news" sites.

Yes and also its funny to me that two days after I made that post, about LegacykillaHD videos are full of mis information. Today he had made a video admitting he never received factual info from the rumored Sony source and Sony's cyberpunk tech demo bullsh*t, as it was his assumption two days after he claimed this info was creditable.

As I predicted, people would start treating this dev kit situation now as if it might be for the ps5 when they have no idea.

So now the story is a Sony employee went out of their way to contact him, and this source is telling him that CDPR has sent Sony a tech demo but for undiscussed info as to which Sony console it was actually for.

As it stands. "Bullsh*t rumor is still Bullsh*t."

To quote myself I said...
The idea that a Sony employee is giving him inside information about CDPR giving Sony a test demo for the ps4 is strange to begin with. Development kits for ps4/console hardware spec would and should have been in place internally at CDPR long before now, so this rumor is dumb.

A dev kit for a possible ps5 would make much more sense, lets wait and see if that's the next "Factual source leak" buy Sony CEO talking to less then known youtubers.

Last edited by a moderator:
BeastModeIron;n10240252 said:
Yes and also its funny to me that two days after I made that post, about LegacykillaHD videos are full of mis information. Today he had made a video admitting he never received factual info from the rumored Sony source and Sony's cyberpunk tech demo bullsh*t, as it was his assumption two days after he claimed this info was creditable.

As I predicted, people would start treating this dev kit situation now as if it might be for the ps5 when they have no idea.

So now the story is a Sony employee went out of their way to contact him, and this source is telling him that CDPR has sent Sony a tech demo but for undiscussed info as to which Sony console it was actually for.

As it stands. "Bullsh*t rumor is still Bullsh*t."

To quote myself I said...

HAH! Nice!! You called it. Yeah, I say everyone should just stay away from the faketubers for a while. Maybe after the game comes out and they start pumping out their "TOP 101010 THINGS U MAYBE POSSIBLY MISSED IN 2077!!!11" videos they'll be semi worth watching again.

Last edited:

Guest 4149880

Snowflakez;n10240292 said:
HAH! Nice!! You called it. Yeah, I say everyone should just stay away from the faketubers for a while. Maybe after the game comes out and they start pumping out their "TOP 101010 THINGS U MAYBE POSSIBLY MISSED IN 2077!!!11" videos.

Yeah you already know that's on their list of videos to pump out. At this point, its not just mis information or unclarified details. Its just blatant lies to capitalize on news buzz. Its a shame the majority of their viewers actually believe this crap, but generally most aren't keeping up on the actually news, even the little bit we've had.

Anyway... Back to keepin it real.

I feel like there's two sides to this coin: the rumors we hear from youtubers are to be taken with a big grain of salt. There maybe some truth to them and I personally give some of them credit but at the same time don't base my hype on them. In fact, the rumors seem to be the ones that point at a later release and tone down any excess hype.

On the other hand, there seems to be a trend among the fans to bash any youtubers commenting the game - especially if they voice to having some inside sources.

Personally, I think youtubers are free to do whatever they like as they aren't journalists or a source that is to be trusted blindly. What I dislike is some game media picking up on those claims and making news out of them without any journalistic investigation of their own. That's a worse thing in my books than some youtuber coming up with fake stuff.

Guest 4149880

Meccanical;n10248452 said:
Did you all know that CDPR hired an actual concept car designer to work for them?

https://www.behance.net/PaulBreshke

CDPR isn't messing around are they. Seeing concept cars of the future, how cool would that be. These supercars are already hi tech, a 2077 Lamdo. Is this game even real? Come on CDPR quick playin'.

I can only hope that whatever vehicles are in 2077 that they have fully detailed interiors.

Nice find

BeastModeIron;n10248482 said:
CDPR isn't messing around are they. Seeing concept cars of the future, how cool would that be. These supercars are already hi tech, a 2077 Lamdo. Is this game even real? Come on CDPR quick playin'.

I can only hope that whatever vehicles are in 2077 that they have fully detailed interiors.

Nice find

I just hope we can actually use the vehicles.

Guest 4149880

Snowflakez;n10248602 said:
I just hope we can actually use the vehicles.

Yeah, a massive open world city and CDPR skimps on the driving vehicles part, game failed.

BeastModeIron;n10248682 said:
Yeah, a massive open world city and CDPR skimps on the driving vehicles part, game failed.

Not even close.

CDPR doesn't make, nor are they lauded for making, driving games. Roach was amusing, but not the point of W3. There was no Roach in 1 or 2.

Cyberpunk settings in Neuromancer and When Gravity Fails and Matrix 1 ignore driving. Matrix 2 had driving though....

Blade Runner, driving is a cruise around the city, that's it. Other than the view, not a part of the story at all.

Deus Ex has no driving.

Plenty of cities are transit and walk oriented. Night City downtown isn't a whole lot of horizontal real estate. The action typically takes place on foot and in the Net.

Perhaps you've decided that driving is essential to open world games, but that certainly doesn't have to be the case.

Open world games lately are size and mobility heavy and story and depth-light. I'd prefer that ratio to reverse.

Guest 4149880

Sardukhar;n10249092 said:
Not even close.

CDPR doesn't make, nor are they lauded for making, driving games. Roach was amusing, but not the point of W3. There was no Roach in 1 or 2.

Cyberpunk settings in Neuromancer and When Gravity Fails and Matrix 1 ignore driving. Matrix 2 had driving though....

Blade Runner, driving is a cruise around the city, that's it. Other than the view, not a part of the story at all.

Deus Ex has no driving.

Plenty of cities are transit and walk oriented. Night City downtown isn't a whole lot of horizontal real estate. The action typically takes place on foot and in the Net.

Perhaps you've decided that driving is essential to open world games, but that certainly doesn't have to be the case.

Open world games lately are size and mobility heavy and story and depth-light. I'd prefer that ratio to reverse.

Nor are they praised for making shooting games but I'd expect guns to play into the gameplay as well.

CDPR decided to greatly expand the world from W1/W2 going into Witcher 3 and they obviously felt they needed to include various methods of faster travel as they should in a world that big, and Roach wasn't needed in the previous games, as they were much smaller in scale. Without Roach, W3 would have not been the same experience everyone enjoyed so much in a world that big, So no while not the point of W3, I think Roach was a needed addition regardless of its lack of complexity within the world, if for its pacing alone.

Cyberpunk doesn't need to revolve its world around vehicles, or be compared to the racing genre just for the sake of the game utilizing their convenience or existence in the world. With that in mind, I still believe on a gameplay level that if Night City is such a massive open world that vehicles can benefit the player as well as add to the worlds overall atmosphere, then I personally see no issue with it. As well as the various methods of travel in more dense and compact city environments where vehicles might not be much use.

Does the game need it, well only time will tell, and it ultimately depends on how the world is designed and also personal preference. For me, yes its something I think fits right into the world of Cyberpunk and I'd say CDPR would agree.

I actually prefer the world isn't so massive that vehicles are needed everywhere, it then would only take away from the density of the environment I'd much rather see. I can hope for balance with enough scale with vehicles, but the density of the city urban areas as well.

For me, the "punk" aspect of Cyberpunk is where the genre distinguishes itself from the likes of Bladerunner's almost pure dystopian setting. While Cyberpunk is very dystopian, its the punk in it that pushes the other side of the genre that allows the world to feel alive rather then an all encompassing darkness, and from the punk side you have this expression of style over substance and freedom from those within it and that's Cyberpunk for me, and if driving sweet vehicles is part of that, while not required for the overall genre, it is very welcome.

BeastModeIron;n10249352 said:
Nor are they praised for making shooting games but I'd expect guns to play into the gameplay as well.

Yep, pretty much this.

No game "needs" to have driving or vehicles unless it's gameplay relies on it. As in, it's not 100% essential to the game's success. But Roach sure as hell made TW3 much less frustrating, without taking away from the atmosphere or theme of the game. Absolutely no reason whatsoever 2077 shouldn't do the same.

Personally, I think there's about a 90% chance player-controlled vehicles are in. It's an opportunity CDPR probably won't want to miss. Plus, they were actually in the PnP, so yay for that.

Question is, in what capacity. I'd expect a regular player-owned vehicle (And not the ability to randomly jack cars on the street a la GTA), but what form will it take?

Can you swap for better/different vehicles?

What if you want a bike, not a car?

What if you want an aerodyne later in the game, instead of a bike?

These are questions I really want answers to. Hopefully we get a few when the gameplay videos start rolling out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom