Eithne's ability and bronze removal are broken af

+
Is anyone else finding if you put in White Frost you never get a game vs an Artifact heavy deck, the moment you take it out they come in like raging horde of Gerbils?

If putting in White Frost means never having to face an artifact deck, then that's a price I'll gladly pay.

Is anyone else finding if you put in White Frost you never get a game vs an Artifact heavy deck, the moment you take it out they come in like raging horde of Gerbils?

DEFINITELY!!!

I said this elsewhere, and was told "you shouldn't play White Frost". Well, of course not - as soon as you choose it, artefact oppos disappear. Same with anything - problem with monster consume? Load up some lock units and you'll be playing against the reveal in no time! Issue with reveal? Load up with a boost hand and you'll be up against Schirru before you can blink. I just lost because I had NO counter to an immune Ge'els. No scorch, epidemic or movement in my last round hand. Autolose as soon as he played the card. Games shouldn't be like this.

Don't know if it's a negative perception, or an actual algorithm flaw, but something's not right. The main issue is really that you have to try and have a specific counter for all the broken meta cards. Sure, if you happened to have White Frost and you were in R3 vs SC and the oppo is lining up thunderbolt, spear, sihil, shield, etc. then it's great. In literally every other circumstance it's a pointlessly rubbish card.

... something's not right...
Yeah, game is broken as F*&%$.

No matter what the merry go round company around here says and no matter the fact the game base hit rock bottom, while all the streamers are leaving let and right.

Wonder how long it will keep up still. May take a while but it's like a drowning man waving his final straw in the air.

I've read a lot of complaints about NG Reveal. I have played it the most, and is not even top tier. I just play it for fun, because is one of the few decks that actually relay in their own faction strength, no artifacts, no golden froths, etc. Same as MO with the big monsters, a deck relaying in the own faction capabilities.

When you have to depend in neutral cards, which I understand them as a complement, something is wrong. I've been facing NR, SC and even MO control with a bunch of artifacts, scorch, epidemic, blablabla, and if thats not the case then witchers, cows, with golden froth.

I'd like to see faction vs faction, not a common guideline across the board and factions just being totally secundary.

Yeah, game is broken as F*&%$.

No matter what the merry go round company around here says and no matter the fact the game base hit rock bottom, while all the streamers are leaving let and right.

Wonder how long it will keep up still. May take a while but it's like a drowning man waving his final straw in the air.

Something is REALLY not right. I switch decks, ok, from a removal/damage based SC movement deck to a MO deck with a few consume options. Despite playing at least 15 times and facing many of the same things, the instant I switch across to this MO consume I face a SC boost with dwarves boosting everywhere. I have a deck with absolutely nothing in it that helps. The game is - once again - lost before the deal. That boosty dwarf card ended up with 39 points on its' own, yet the single, specific card that wins me that match....is in my other deck!!!

I absolutely promise you that I NEVER, when running the damage/scorch deck, faced a single boost dwarf, not one. There is 100% something built into the game that dictates when you have Scorch, you won't face a 40 point dwarf. Exactly the same as running White Frost, you'll NEVER see Sihil.

Something is REALLY not right. [...]

There is one fatal flaw in your argument; why you? Why do the others get a favorable match-up, but you do not? Regardless, CDPR has already confirmed there is no match-fixing going on.

Statistically speaking, when a game has millions of users, there will always be a handful that have unlucky encounters; being at rock bottom, so to speak. Same thing goes for the drop-rate in kegs. On average, you should get a legendary every 20 kegs, but some players haven't gotten a single one in over 80 kegs, while others get two in one keg. Or to put it even more straightforward, someone has to win the lottery.

I've read a lot of complaints about NG Reveal. I have played it the most, and is not even top tier. I just play it for fun, because is one of the few decks that actually relay in their own faction strength, no artifacts, no golden froths, etc. Same as MO with the big monsters, a deck relaying in the own faction capabilities.

When you have to depend in neutral cards, which I understand them as a complement, something is wrong. I've been facing NR, SC and even MO control with a bunch of artifacts, scorch, epidemic, blablabla, and if thats not the case then witchers, cows, with golden froth.

I'd like to see faction vs faction, not a common guideline across the board and factions just being totally secundary.
Totally agree. The neutrals should play a supporting role, not define a deck.

Problems is:
Scorch and Epidemic are too good with Eithne.
Epidemic should be either Gold or should be balanced around removing only 1 unit with provision adjusted.
Scroch should also only remove 1 unit and not infinite amount of them.
Artifacts should have tags: enemy for speak and ally for shield.

There is one fatal flaw in your argument; why you? Why do the others get a favorable match-up, but you do not? Regardless, CDPR has already confirmed there is no match-fixing going on.

Statistically speaking, when a game has millions of users, there will always be a handful that have unlucky encounters; being at rock bottom, so to speak. Same thing goes for the drop-rate in kegs. On average, you should get a legendary every 20 kegs, but some players haven't gotten a single one in over 80 kegs, while others get two in one keg. Or to put it even more straightforward, someone has to win the lottery.

Yep, I do get that, very much tin foil hat - I'm just recounting my particular feeling towards the game. It's almost certainly psychological and my steadfast refusal to netdeck means I'm at a disadvantage straight away; Im not even that good at the game, full stop!! Better question might be "has anybody reading this run with White Frost and used it to great effect vs an SC artefact deck to kill their R3 hand?" Appreciate it's only a forum, but if a few people say "yep, done that a few times", then it's really down to my perception. Not trying to be negative or catch CDPR out, i'm just curious if others have the same experience - the fact there's another thread on it suggests it's not just a "why me?" scenario.

One "unfair" loss will make the next seem really unfair, when in reality it's more to do with the cards I have or am facing. Most things stem back to the balance issue CDPR seem to have overlooked - card x can only be nerfed by card y, but card y is useless against deck z - but this has been spoken about ad infinitum.

Ethne cries for a nerf at the moment. Too much synergy with not-that expensive removal cards. Her ability is broken and she has waaaay too many muligans for what she provides.
I'd keep her at 3 for round one and give her 2 additional points every round with a cap of 3. this way if you use all 3 on round one, round 2 you will have only 2, etc. It's barely a nerf but it's something. Removing a couple of mulligans is also an option.
Post automatically merged:

Oh and they should remove the zeal from Schirru.

Top Bottom