Emerald Dust

+
Emerald Dust

I killed all Wraiths in White Orchard and got none. I need it for Viper swords. Should I buy it from merchant for 571 gold?

If you're desperate enough and have the coin for it, go for it. However, depending on how lucky you are with loot, you might end up replacing it within a couple levels anyway. I replaced mine with a sword I got from random loot about an hour into Velen.

You also fight a ton of wraiths during the Hunting A Witch main quest fairly early into Velen, so if you're willing to wait, you can pick some up then.

I didn't get any either so I just left it and moved forward with the story. In the next area you have the opportunity to get some. Save the money!!

571 coins is pretty steep for emerald dust to only craft the Viper swords. Remember there is a pretty basic supply and demand economy going. So you may be able to find this cheaper on a different vendor. The best way is the way you already stated. Wraiths. These Viper swords also get outclassed pretty fast. Especially the steel one. They also don't upgrade into stronger versions.

Although once your further into the game the 571 is pretty trivial. So maybe spending it early is something you'd consider worth it?

I have 1000 gold I'm about to head to Velen. I need 1 ED for each sword, so I'm looking at almost 1200 gold. Think I'll wait to see if I get any off some Wraiths in Velen. Or maybe I'll buy just one ED and craft the Viper Silver.

If your really hell bent on acquiring these swords. There is one merchant I know of that sells emerald dust for 137 a piece. The only reason I didn't suggest it is because it's east of Novigrad in a cemetery. While entirely possible to get there at level 5 (I did) it's a lot of work. In case this is something you which to pursue the merchant is located above Novigrad's 'Oxenfurt Gate' which is the Northeastern most exit/bridge. There's a sign post saying Oxenfurt gate.

He's an Alchemist which appears in the Cemetery building at different times. Also buys trophies for full price. Which is a lot of money on its own and worth knowing.

Top Bottom