Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
Mobidoy said:
Mobidoy said:
here is the errorlog
You have installed the game on your F drive.... It really hates that lol :) You should uninstall it and let it install itself in the default location on the C: Drive.
Thanks, I appreciate the replies but why should that even be an issue? Wherever the game is located should not affect the game's functionality as from the impression that gives me, it's bad coding.I cannot install on my C: drive because that is a drive solely responsible for system functionality and the OS. I have uninstalled the mIDI yoke and still the game shows no difference in the mode of 'crashing'. I will try the PCWizdoc thing but I must say my sentiments are: 'It should not be this hard.'Anyhow I thank you for the swift replies because it's more than I can say for most support forums.

Yes i know it is not something right but it is sadly true, look at the FAQ and at old FAQ's, we always repeat it....

Tsandi said:
Thanks, I appreciate the replies but why should that even be an issue? Wherever the game is located should not affect the game's functionality as from the impression that gives me, it's bad coding.I cannot install on my C: drive because that is a drive solely responsible for system functionality and the OS. I have uninstalled the mIDI yoke and still the game shows no difference in the mode of 'crashing'.
yet on some systems, installing in the default location cured the crashing issuesre-attach the new errlog too

I'm having an issue with installing the EE update. It gets to the point whtere it says "modifying game files" and the whole "wait 2 hours" messsage. I've let it sit for over 12 hours and it never finishes. I'm using winxp 64bit, 4 gigs of ram, AMD Phenom 9950 quad core.I've disabled my av, have 105Gb free hd space, it's installed to the default location. I've tried the suggested uninstalling and reisntalling after wiping out the directory 2X, and am still getting nowhere on the install.Any help would be appricieated.

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
I'm using winxp 64bit, 4 gigs of ram, AMD Phenom 9950 quad core.
running the patch in Windows 95 compatibility mode as the Update FAQ said, right?
Not sure how, but I completely missed that in the FAQ. Tried it and it worked like a charm. Thanks! :)

:wave:Hello All,just got Witcher Enhanced ed my question is i do need to wory about patched now ?this is based on the data below Q: The game was install from the Enhanced Edition DVD but the launcher informs me that a new update is availableA: The latest patch at this moment is 1.4 ( version 1.4.5.1282 actually ), the pressed DVDs in the boxed Enhanced Edition game has version 1.4 too, but the exact version number differs a bit, 1.4.5.1280, the contents are the same, but this small version difference makes the launcher believe a newer version is available.

Hi I have installed EAX patch already so I guess my problem is different. I have posted my PCWizard report above. Please let me know if there's anything you can find to help me.Thnx.EDITMaybe is the issue that I had to install the English language pack with the patch upgrade? Should I try installing the blood patch update?

No the blood patch is only to make more blood in the game... for those who have the north american edition, there was a little piece of code missing removing the blood from the game... I have not had the time to look at your problem but i will do it as soon as i can :) Will come back to you soon :)

Tsandi said:
Thank you for the swift reply. I have managed to install but now it just crashes on startup. I have installed all required prerequisites installed. I have also checked that the EAX is disabled and I was playing it fine with it being disabled in ver1.0 so I don't think that is it. Any suggestions?
but your video card is not supported you need one of the better cards mentioned here: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Technical_information#Video_Card_ratings_from_The_Witcher_forumdo attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder ( if the game crashed )

But if my card is not supported then how is it that I did it not have any problem playing the unpatched version of the game? I'm not trying to be difficult but I don't think that is it. I am attaching the errorlog again here.

Tsandi said:
But if my card is not supported then how is it that I did it not have any problem playing the unpatched version of the game? I'm not trying to be difficult but I don't think that is it. I am attaching the errorlog again here.
Would you please, just for testing purpose, re install the game in the default directory. You have 2 known things that can prevent the game from playing: -Your Video Card-The installation directoryyes i know it was working before but, after a patch, i does not so,as i always do when i help people by email, i go 1 step at a time to rule it out. :)

Tsandi said:
if your card is below system requierments just means that if it does not work we can't really fix it somehowif it worked before just go back to that ( reinstall the game as it was before ) and ignore the patch

I've downloaded the Enhanced Edition do I still need The Witcher as well. I was looking through the Control Panel to delete any stuff I did'nt want anymore and noticed that there are two separate files of 8,000 mg or so. I've looked in the forums but can't find anything there.

There are 2 entries but only 1 installation.... Don't be fooled :) If you delete one, you remove the other also.... so, there is only 8 Gb once... not 2 different installations :)

Can someone please help me here!!I have The Witcher installed and I am attempting to update to v1.4 i enter activation data and its ok then it tells me i dont have the relevant language pack installed and it closes. So i decided to download the English Language Pack 457Mb and it tells me that i have to update my game to the Enhanced Edition as my game is the previous "The Witcher" not Enhanced. I dont know how to overcome this I am real confused some assistance please!! this was sent by another user but i have exactly thwe same problem... does anyone know how to fix this please?

Top Bottom