Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
Omg,i have another problem...: (i finaly downloaded the 1.4 patch, but when i run...one message appear telling i do not have registraded the game.and one error happen's...what i do now guy's?it say's:"on line activation...the installer will confirm...."and"please register the witcher before installingthe witcher enhanced edition - actualization pack"

Hi..I've downloaded the 1.4 patch (EE) and language pack (italian) and follow the instruction for upgrading the game but..when the patcher reach the file "localized.key".. stops.. and this error message appear:Funzione: NotCensoredComponente:File:Errore: Errore irreparabileReading this topic I've used alternative metods suggested such as unpacker (and not work).. running patch in safe mode with networking (and at the same time the same error appear)...I'm disperate :wall:I'd appreciate any help.. :'(THX

GreetingsFirst, I have tried this on Windows 7 x86 and x64. It worked fine at first with x64, but now doesn't. UAC is disabled, and it's on a clean install (reformated a bit too many times). I install TWEE from the DVD, and then proceed to download the patch. The patch installs just fine, no errors but when I try to run the game, I still get the "Please insert the originial DVD" message, and the listed version is 1.4. I have tried rebooting and reinstalling and I feel like i'm running out of options. I've installed both with admin rights. Any ideas? It worked fine yesterday, until I reformated, everything is the same except the darn patch won't work. Thanks a lot in advance!

Hello!What a nightmare.Spend half of Sunday trying to install it .First got a message that languages does not correspond,than downloaded it again and... manage to pass all the language THING just to be stopped on next -feature transfer error-catastrophic error :mad: .I don't understand it- I've red Sapkowski 5 times (7 books) its fabulous than somebody done THE MOVIE it was :wall: than this great game, but what is going with upgrades is anyone cares.Please help me.Mateusz

Hello,i bought the Collectors Edition of The Witcher, installed, patched in from 1.1 and am now im stuck in the installation of EE, because I always get the following error message "error in the transmission features," Screenshot here http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6097/thewitcherfehlermeldung.jpg, help would be great.

There's a thread here that contains the problems that other people have had and the solutions that our tech volunteers have come up with to help them. If you check through that thread (or use the Search bar), you can see what solution worked for other people who had the same problem you have.http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=16868.0

icarus17 said:
..anyone can help me? please..
I have the EU version of the Witcher and I was having the same installation problem and had tried re-downloading the patches, the safe mode install, blah,blah, blah.. Here is what worked for me (Note I don't use CD mounting/emulation software, and I did NOT have to stop the XP firewall, SpyBot or my Antivirus program to get this to work): 1. I downloaded the Patch from File Planet (i have an account there) only because I could get it twice as fast as from CDProjekt. 2. I downloaded the UK language pack after trying several times with the USA one (but I doubt that was the problem)After trying all the suggestions, I decided to try the Alt/Extract method from the FAQ last because of the issues other people were having unpacking the file. 3. I killed/stopped every program I was running except for the notepad and the installer. 4. I ran the "TWEE_Upgrade /extract_all:#:\TWEE_Upgrade" from the command line.NOTE: you need to replace the "#" sign (or the "D" that is shown in the FAQ) in the above command to whatever Drive letter you want to extract to. in my case "E:"It doesn't appear as if anything is happening but wait about 5 min (depending on your PC's power) because the extraction process is slow and is running in the background.After a bit I checked my E drive and saw the \TWEE_Upgrade folder and inside of that is a \Disk1 folder. 5. I copied the Language Pack and all the Add-ons directly into the \TWEE_Upgrade\Disk1 folder. 6. I Double-clicked the Setup.exe that is in the folder to start the install.Viola! I got no error and install ran without anymore problems. The Installer warns you that it will take "HOURS" to patch everything (and it will) and not to interrupt it once it starts or you'll have to reinstall the whole game and start, so make sure you don't run any other apps while it's working or it will take longer. In my case, I stopped everything, -including screensaver and sleep mode, and unplugged the router so nothing could interrupt it and left the machine alone for a couple of hours.Hope this helps you.

Hello.. GrayClawThanks for your help..It's unbeliveable thats I've to become a software programmer (I normally work with PC but I'm a graphic designer not a programmer) to play a game.. after having spent about 50 euros.. :mad:.. I've try to extract TWEE_Upgrade manually but.. I wrong something in the command line procedure..Have you a patience to explain me the extract procedure (via command line) step by step..If you do this.. I would appreciate much.. and probably I'll have a pleasure to play this beautyfull game (and not think to have wasted my money)Thanks again..Bye

The same thing happened to me, but when I downloaded the language pack it says I need to find corresponding language pack with upgrade edition 1.4 and The 1.4 upgrade edition says I need to install the language pack! But I downloaded the british and english language packs and none of them work! My game runs in english!

I downloaded and attempted to install Patch 1.5 twice. I made sure that the patch and the language pack which I needed was in the same directory. Since i have Vista 32 bit i ran the TWEE_Upgrade.exe as an administrator. During the installation it never asked me to login to my account. It mentioned it in the readme file that it should prompt a login. However this was never displayed and immediately asked me which voice over and subtitle options I wanted to install. It said the installation was a success however when I checked my version it stated that I was still at 1.4.5.1280. Other steps I tried was disabling (sorry if i misspelled that) my AVG Anti Virus and Spybot search and destroy. Again I want to reiterate that I tried the installation multiple times with even deleting the executables and redownloading the patch and language packs. Im at a loss as to what to do next. I would post my dxdiag but it exceeds the maximum length.

HelloI got the game and i download the EE upgrade patch via the offical link and fileplanet - both fail to work, i had language pack as well, both in same folder and YET it fail to get past the localised.key in installing, i tried safe mode with networking, firewall/AV off etc - kept getting "Feature Transfer error" with no mention of what files is affecting it, only catasprophic(cant spell it) failure.someone please put me out of my miserable and tell me why on earth if fail to get past the localised.key in setupXP SP3,3Gb ram8800GTX 756Mb2.4Ghz e6600Now i cant even play the game, just wont start due to error report ever time i start with 1.3 version fo TW...seriously i never had so much trouble with a game that seem just fail in coding somewhat

I have had this game for over a year. Just got a new rig build, and installed the game (worked fine as first verson). But after i downloaded the EE update and tried to install it all i get is "not responding" when it says it may take up to two hours to modify game content. I also have the lang. pack in the same folder as the EE update. I have been trying to get this to work for over a week if anyone can help please, please tell me what I need to do. I am attaching my system specs with this post, thanks again guys.

Do it overnight when you go to bed.... and see what happens. I don't really remember the details, but I'm pretty sure in task manager it reads not responding even though it doing it's thing. It does take about 2-3 hours for the patch to install, so about all you can do is give it time.However.... if you interrupt the process and cancel out... then you need to uninstall and start over from the very beginning. The patch will not work once you cancel out... doing that breaks the game. Found that out on my own. Because, I too, thought the patch stalled and canceled out that first time I tried patching it. Had to uninstall everything Witcher and start from the very beginning.... and just let the EE patch itself while I slept... next morning it was all ready to go.Might be a good idea to just "copy" the whole Witcher directory to another directory, and then activate The EE patch. That is, If you have the HDD space for it... I found out that you can even play the game from the self-copied directory. It even finds the saved games. The only thing that you can't do with that copied save is install official patches to. The install doesn't notice that user made directory and will only patch the game that the windows registery knows about. Anyway the main point to this is that if the EE patch doesn't finish, at least you can just copy the backup witcher over the orginal install, and won't have to go thru the long process of uninstalling and reinstalling. Which in itself takes about an hour.Also, I guess, to be safe, don't install the game in Programs Files, if you are on Vista.... I've never tried Vista, myself; but I've heard that games installed in there tend to generally, have problems.

You attach the dxdiag and other such stuff via the "additional options" feature. that is right below the message box, to the left....Anyway, I've heard that games installed in Program Files are treated wierd in Vista and that games should be installed anywhere but in there... Maybe that's the problem? But, you'd have to uninstall the game and reinstall to another location, to test that theory.

I have Vista 64bit.i installed the game, choosed english version,and begin to install twee_upgrade. The big deal is,when i'm instaling this patch,after check the game originality, one error occours and that message appears:"the language pack corresponding to the language version of the game already on your sistem was not found. download the relevant language pack".what's the problem?what should i do?

i downloaded the english language pack 1.4.....edited: ok, i'll download the patches again,and see if i make something wrong. When i finish,i'll write here...i'll download all patches again.edited 2: it works!!!! i downloaded the wrong language patch. tnkx.edited3: ok man,u can close this topic. problem solve

squallcross said:
i downloaded the english language pack 1.4.....edited: ok, i'll download the patches again,and see if i make something wrong. When i finish,i'll write here...i'll download all patches again.edited 2: it works!!!! i downloaded the wrong language patch. tnkx.edited3: ok man,u can close this topic. problem solve
I don't get it...I got the same Problem. Why is the Problem solved, when you download another language pack? I thaught that the language pack has to be installed AFTER the Enhanced Edition update. And i got the Problem when i want to install the TWEE update... ???And there is only ONE possible TWEE update, isnt there?EDIT: It works. Put both files in the Game Directory... Stupid error message...

Top Bottom