Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
vinx5 said:
But the problem is: I don`t known which version I have. I buyed from a local store. The american version has 5 languages or is just english?
All versions of the game have ten languages.You can tell which version of the game you have in one of two ways (besides waiting until Chapter 1).Method 11. Go to Csimbi's tools page and download the UNBIFF utility.2. The utility will be packed into RAR format, so unrar it. (RAR is a compression tool, like zip.) If you don't have an unrar utility, you can get one for free from Rarzilla.3. Once you have unrared the UNBIFF file, read the README and follow the directions it contains. The file you want to extract is called localized00.4. Once that has extracted itself, you'll have a folder called _localized00. That folder will contain a number of files, including the files for the sex cards. The sex cards will be called sp_sex_nameofwoman.dds. Pick sp_sex_adda1.dds and open it in a high-level image-editing program (like Photoshop or Gimp; Paint can't open dds files), or download WTV (Windows Texture Viewer) and use that to look at a picture. 5. Some of the pictures are the same in both the censored and uncensored versions, which is why I suggested that you select the Adda picture; she's unmistakable.If you don't like that, there's Method 21. Download Rad Video Tools. (They ask for a donation, but it's optional.)2. Install the program.3. Go to C:\Program Files\The Witcher Enhanced Edition\Data\Movies (if you're on XP; slightly different path if on Vista or 7). Find cs_sex_adda1.bik and right-click on it.4. Right clicking will open a list of options. Choose "Open With" and then scroll down to RAD Video Tools. If this isn't given as an option, then choose "Open," and browse until you find radvideo.exe.5. The movie will play, and you can look at Adda's sex card. It should be pretty obvious from there. ;)And if all that seems complicated, well, that's why we usually suggest that people have sex with one of the villagers in Chapter 1 and see what the card looks like. :D

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
But the problem is: I don`t known which version I have. I buyed from a local store. The american version has 5 languages or is just english?
All versions of the game have ten languages.You can tell which version of the game you have in one of two ways (besides waiting until Chapter 1).Method 11. Go to Csimbi's tools page and download the UNBIFF utility.2. The utility will be packed into RAR format, so unrar it. (RAR is a compression tool, like zip.) If you don't have an unrar utility, you can get one for free from Rarzilla.3. Once you have unrared the UNBIFF file, read the README and follow the directions it contains. The file you want to extract is called localized00.4. Once that has extracted itself, you'll have a folder called _localized00. That folder will contain a number of files, including the files for the sex cards. The sex cards will be called sp_sex_nameofwoman.dds. Pick sp_sex_adda1.dds and open it in a high-level image-editing program (like Photoshop or Gimp; Paint can't open dds files), or download WTV (Windows Texture Viewer) and use that to look at a picture. 5. Some of the pictures are the same in both the censored and uncensored versions, which is why I suggested that you select the Adda picture; she's unmistakable.If you don't like that, there's Method 21. Download Rad Video Tools. (They ask for a donation, but it's optional.)2. Install the program.3. Go to C:\Program Files\The Witcher Enhanced Edition\Data\Movies (if you're on XP; slightly different path if on Vista or 7). Find cs_sex_adda1.bik and right-click on it.4. Right clicking will open a list of options. Choose "Open With" and then scroll down to RAD Video Tools. If this isn't given as an option, then choose "Open," and browse until you find radvideo.exe.5. The movie will play, and you can look at Adda's sex card. It should be pretty obvious from there. ;)And if all that seems complicated, well, that's why we usually suggest that people have sex with one of the villagers in Chapter 1 and see what the card looks like. :D
Well done Cory :beer:

Ok so I disabled my anitvirus and have the 1.3 patch installed and have both the language and upgrade in the same folder together and I still get the censored catastrophic failure. I've also tried running the game as admin. I bought this game new three years ago and still haven't been able to install the game without giving up due to installation bugs. Please help I would really like to play it finally.

Did you try this way?:
1. Extract TWEE_Upgrade.exe using this command line: TWEE_Upgrade /extract_all:D:\TWEE_Upgrade or i]TheWitcherPatch.1.5.exe /extract_all:D:\TheWitcherPatch1.5[/I] ( it will extract the files to this folder: D:\TWEE_Upgrade) or if it's not unpacking then use the Universal Extractor, get it from: http://legroom.net/software/uniextract2. Put the wanted language packs and adventures ( for patch 1.4 ) in the new folder that the unpacking process created, so that SETUP.EXE and the patch packs are in the same folder.3. Run SETUP.EXE.Authentication, installation and modification all should go ahead with no problems, modification will take some time though.

I went to this page : http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/1.4_patchand used nero MD5 verifier like they tell you 2...unfortunatly, like 10 downloads of the TWEE_UPGRADE (most from the polish site, others from links i found on google) are corrupted while downloading (their MD5 value does not match the one in that page...)any help with that? any safe way of downloading the file properly? and yes, i've check that they are the same size as the original ones...HELPPPPP!i've downloaded it in parts from rapid share, joined them together with hjsplit - unzipped and it's still corrupted... this doesn't make any sense...

Try find a torrent for the file. Seriously though.Put one of the large files you've downloaded (wow, I don't have the bandwidth to download this mother of a patch so many times!) into the destination where you would have the torrent saved and download with uTorrent or something similar. The nature of torrents is that the torrent client (uTorrent, for example) should see the output, check on the contents in chunks and only download the missing / corrupt parts of the file. I've used this method to "fix" a dvd iso downloaded (corrupted) over ftp before. Works like a charm.If you search google for "TWEE_Upgrade torrent", there seem to be a couple of torrent sources you can check out. When the torrent claims to be done, md5sum-check the output again, just to verify that it is in fact the upgrade (ie, to make sure someone isn't seeding a malicious torrent).Hope this helps.

davydm said:
Try find a torrent for the file. Seriously though.Put one of the large files you've downloaded (wow, I don't have the bandwidth to download this mother of a patch so many times!) into the destination where you would have the torrent saved and download with uTorrent or something similar. The nature of torrents is that the torrent client (uTorrent, for example) should see the output, check on the contents in chunks and only download the missing / corrupt parts of the file. I've used this method to "fix" a dvd iso downloaded (corrupted) over ftp before. Works like a charm.If you search google for "TWEE_Upgrade torrent", there seem to be a couple of torrent sources you can check out. When the torrent claims to be done, md5sum-check the output again, just to verify that it is in fact the upgrade (ie, to make sure someone isn't seeding a malicious torrent).Hope this helps.
I do have Utorrent, however i'm quite unsure as to how i can do the action you've just explained oOif you would be so kind to explain it more carefully i'ed very much appriciate that...

Okie dokieWell, personally, I don't use uTorrent (I run Linux most of the time), but there is quite an easy way to do this:1) start up uTorrent, add the .torrent for the TWEE_Upgrade.exe you've found via google or on a site like thepiratebay.org or similar (admins please take note: there is a lot of legitimate content on thepiratebay.org and torrents are not evil -- no more evil than any other mechanism for sharing data). I've found a couple on thepiratebay.org, but with reported low (or zero) seed numbers. Use the one you can find with the highest seed count -- this will most likely download faster.2) find the place where uTorrent is trying to download the patch to (you may have set up a downloads dir or selected a specific place to save the torrent's files -- wherever that is, find it :) )3) pause or stop uTorrent's downloads so it's not trying to download to the file(s) any more (IMPORTANT)4) copy the files you downloaded OVER the ones uTorrent is trying to download (so in explorer, just right-click-drag the one you downloaded into the same folder as the one that uTorrent is trying to download. If the files aren't named exactly the same (they should be though), then delete the one uTorrent is trying to get down and rename your one to the name of the file in the torrent)5) resume uTorrents downloading.6) uTorrent should rescan the download it's trying to get and the percentage complete should suddenly jump very high (if the file you downloaded is in fact the same as the one in the torrent, barring some download corruption) -- hopefully in the region of 99%, if your corruption is minor.7) wait for uTorrent to say that the patch is fully downloaded -- the time taken for this depends solely on your peers ):This method is a nice way to fix any large download which has become corrupted during download and for which you can find a torrent. uTorrent should only download the pieces of the file which were corrupted in your original download -- but replace those portions with correct data.BTW, this howto is not at all specific to uTorrent -- uTorrent is just a reasonably friendly torrent client. You could do this with btdownloadcurses, deluge or any one of the gajillions of torrent clients out there. Like I said above, I don't actually use uTorrent daily (I've used it in the past) -- I use deluge -- but it's a pretty good torrent client, small to download, easy to install, friendly to use. If there was a Linux version, I would use it (no, I don't want to WINE it).Again, hope this helps :)

Mucho thx for the help ... it worked... ironically the first time i downloaded the language pack it was good... too bad i had to d/l the patch like 1342190542305923 times.now game crashes when i load it... please see : http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=27817.0on ot the next problem ...

Sorry dude, at this point, I'm not all that useful ):I'm quite far from being a witcher guru -- in fact, I think I've only clocked in a couple of hours of gameplay and I'm still not 100% certain whether I do or don't like the game as a whole :|

Nadavpeter said:
I went to this page : http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/1.4_patchand used nero MD5 verifier like they tell you 2...unfortunatly, like 10 downloads of the TWEE_UPGRADE (most from the polish site, others from links i found on google) are corrupted while downloading (their MD5 value does not match the one in that page...)any help with that? any safe way of downloading the file properly? and yes, i've check that they are the same size as the original ones...HELPPPPP!i've downloaded it in parts from rapid share, joined them together with hjsplit - unzipped and it's still corrupted... this doesn't make any sense...
Well, I downlaoded patch from here and it's working. One small question - did you try to run TWEE_Upgrade?

already solved that problem... now game craches when i try to start it.. and it has nothing to do with the EAX thing... see two posts before in the previous page i posted a link to the thread i posted with the PCwiard analysis and the error log ...

Nadavpeter said:
already solved that problem... now game craches when i try to start it.. and it has nothing to do with the EAX thing... see two posts before in the previous page i posted a link to the thread i posted with the PCwiard analysis and the error log ...
you got an answer here: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=7703.msg5385705#msg5385705

i have a problem with instalation, when i try to install enchanced edition it says i have to install language pack first, and when i try to install language pack it says that i have to install enchanced edition first so pls help :)if anyone has a solution pls contact me on son.goku019@gmail.com

Installed the game using windows 7, "minimum requirements not met" I have down loaded patches dealt with tages and changed between windows XP and Vista and still cannot play game any new info out there?

So I bought The Witcher on release, played it, loved it, etc, etc. About 4 hours ago I reinstall, follow the websites instructions to download the 900+mb patch. I download and try to install but I get an error that I must have patch 1.4 installed first. Well thanks for freakin telling me! So I download the 400+mb 1.4 patch and then get the error that I need the enhanced edition patch before I can install this. WTF? So now I download and save both patches which are nearly 1.5gb and I reinstalled the game. I launch the update EXE. and it says that It may take two hours to complete. I wait, and wait, and then I notice that after an hour its not responding. So I have to Ctrl+alt+delete and then reinstall the game, now I'm trying it all over again and praying that sometime tonight I can actually play the freakin game. Seriously, cdprojekt, couldn't you make this any simpler?

'Course. Just buy the Enhanced Edition. Playable with or without the Director's Cut patch. But they give it away for free! Shall they bring it to your home and help you install it?The Enhanced Edition is a whole new game and it's a gift. Be grateful and dance the thance of joy. :beer:

matt said:
So I bought The Witcher on release, played it, loved it, etc, etc. About 4 hours ago I reinstall, follow the websites instructions to download the 900+mb patch. I download and try to install but I get an error that I must have patch 1.4 installed first. Well thanks for freakin telling me! So I download the 400+mb 1.4 patch and then get the error that I need the enhanced edition patch before I can install this. WTF? So now I download and save both patches which are nearly 1.5gb and I reinstalled the game. I launch the update EXE. and it says that It may take two hours to complete. I wait, and wait, and then I notice that after an hour its not responding. So I have to Ctrl+alt+delete and then reinstall the game, now I'm trying it all over again and praying that sometime tonight I can actually play the freakin game. Seriously, cdprojekt, couldn't you make this any simpler?
It was the same for me, coz I bought the very original edition in 2008 and then downloaded the EE (and patch1.5) for free from the website. (and yes, thx CDP it was free).It can be a little tricky to install, but it works more or less like this:-download the EE (patch1.4), the Language pack and (lately) the 1.5. Both the EE and the pck must stay in the same directory.-NOT NECESSARY, BUT JUST IN CASE: be sure you've unistalled the game completley (reboot the PC, if you need) Leave no trace-reinstall the original game, then launch the patch (EE). Wait until the end of time required (if it says 2 hours - it's less i'm sure- waith until your pc have done)-reboot (just in case)-download and install the new adventures (price of neutrality and side effects)-run the patch 1.5-reboot again (just in case)-enjoy! :beer:

I DLed the Twee upgrade patch. Tried to install it, it tells me to dl language pack. Fine, so I eventually find a english one. Go to install it, it tells me I need the Twee patch. Fine, I go to install the Twee patch it ask for the language patch. Fun..... What am I missing here folks? I'm using xp not Vista.

Top Bottom