Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
Same problem here. I got the file from filefront, so perhaps it's a glitch or something on their servers.Is there a torrent of the patch somewhere? 30 min line-ups on Fileplanet are a little excessive...

i am haveing no luck what so ever have downloaded the update file god knows how many times from diffrent sites and put them in the same folder as the other date date files and bonus stuff, file sizes of the patches are all the same it just wont update :( some thing is messed up some where with this patch :( never had this kind problem before with any game update its just a joke how it can happen :(

FIXED.Solution:Start off installation as normal.Allow connection to net to verify game as normal.After this has verified and the patch is activated, UNPLUG INTERNET CONNECTION & DISABLE FIREWALL.Allow up to 2 hours for patching (go away, do something else, DO NOT USE COMPUTER DURING THIS TIME UNTIL PATCHING COMPLETE)Done.

Filefront does not work and checksum is wrong. Do NOT use this one820ee713c092c97026ebad1a8a47f460|TWEE_Upgrade.exe (Bad)
vai0 said:
Seriously why couldn't this of been uploaded to filefront? Dling at 700kbps is much nicer than this ****** 50 that disconnects... nvm http://files.filefront.com/The+Witcher+Original+to+Enhanced+Edition+Patch/;11836246;/fileinfo.htmlDling at 700+ may want to put this link in the first post.. or on the main website.
----------------------------------------------------------Fan Gaming Site with correct checksum
vai0 said:
For English users, there's a high-speed download site hosting the EE patch and English Language Pack.Links:http://fangaming.com/fileinfo.php?fileid=4523 (Enhanced Edition patch)http://fangaming.com/fileinfo.php?fileid=4524 (Enhanced Edition English Language pack)I got both files in about an hour and a half from here. Reasonably high speed downloads makes for almost no timeouts/disconnects.
21e96ffd871db9797830313f5380271a|TWEE_English_language_pack.exe9ddbb3baf43c8a7236ce1c2e3c038249|TWEE_Upgrade.exe (Correct)

MD5 for TWEE_Upgrade.exe = 820EE713C092C97026EBAD1A8A47F460This didn't work, but I don't want to download again because I'm on a quota.By the way, I highly recommend HashTab for file hashes http://beeblebrox.org/hashtab/

kcbc said:
Filefront does not work and checksum is wrong. Do NOT use this one820ee713c092c97026ebad1a8a47f460|TWEE_Upgrade.exe (Bad)
kcbc said:
Seriously why couldn't this of been uploaded to filefront? Dling at 700kbps is much nicer than this ****** 50 that disconnects... nvm http://files.filefront.com/The+Witcher+Original+to+Enhanced+Edition+Patch/;11836246;/fileinfo.htmlDling at 700+ may want to put this link in the first post.. or on the main website.
----------------------------------------------------------Fan Gaming Site with correct checksum
kcbc said:
For English users, there's a high-speed download site hosting the EE patch and English Language Pack.Links:http://fangaming.com/fileinfo.php?fileid=4523 (Enhanced Edition patch)http://fangaming.com/fileinfo.php?fileid=4524 (Enhanced Edition English Language pack)I got both files in about an hour and a half from here. Reasonably high speed downloads makes for almost no timeouts/disconnects.
21e96ffd871db9797830313f5380271a|TWEE_English_language_pack.exe9ddbb3baf43c8a7236ce1c2e3c038249|TWEE_Upgrade.exe (Correct)
Thank you VERY much! :) Dl'ing now. Also could the bad file have been infected by a virus or simply an upload gone wrong? (or neither this is new to me. :) )

vai0 said:
I have the same problem with a slightly different error message. Feature: CensoredComponent:File:Error: Catastrophic failure This entire process is quite annoying. I dont consider 3 hours of my time free. I could of made $30 at my job by now...
I am having the exact same error.

vai0 said:
Update for mine, Enhanced edition from filefront did not workEnhanced edition from fileplanet worked. Changed nothing and tried one after the other.
Thank You! IM downloading from Fileplanet right now.

Hello, i have on my system windows Vista 32bit, i've downloaded from your site the patch 1.4 and i've tried to install it but i have this error:error on data/localized.keytransfert functions errorNot censored
I've tried to run installer with admin privilage, but nothingi've tried to uninstall, delete directory and reinstall the game but nothing to do... i've tried to shoutdown kasperskythere is any one with the same problem?any one can help me?

Just to let this thread know that Gamershell has an TWEE that works as I have used it to update my game.http://www.gamershell.com/pc/the_witcher_enhanced_edition/downloads.htmlThis is the FULL TWEE update, plus the ENGLISH vwersion of the language file (Uncensored) and also the TWO additional questsI downloaded EVERYTHING from this site and installed qwithout a glitch. There D/L speeds are very good as well, averaging 550Kb/SecGood luck to youSheathanaich

vai0 said:
I have the same problem with a slightly different error message. Feature: CensoredComponent:File:Error: Catastrophic failure This entire process is quite annoying. I dont consider 3 hours of my time free. I could of made $30 at my job by now...
$10/hr? ouch

I was having the same problem...Make sure all of the patch files are located in one folder together. They must also be separate from any other files.Then run the TWEE_Upgrade file - it will auto detect the language pack and extra storyline files and install everything together.

This patch also broke my game like others that posted here. Which is sad. I've been looking forward to playing again.While installing the mega patch, I get an error after the actualization process, after I've validated I have a game, etc. During the part where it starts modifying your game files.Error (111)C:\\Program Files\The Witcher\Data\fx00.bifInstaller freezes up everytime when I click ok, and then I have to end process manually.What the heck do I do now?It forced me to reinstall the witcher, and did the same thing over again. This happened 6 times now.I've had to uninstall and reinstall 6 times now over this stupid bug, because everytime it hiccups, it ruins my current installation. I re-downloaded the patch from 3 different sites now, and EVERY single one of them has given me the same result.I've done full defrags, temp folder deletion, registry cleanings, even a scandisk with no benefit.I'm overly frustrated at this issue, in part because no one else seems to be having this.Can anyone help me?Getting rid of both the /PAE and /3GB switches from my Boot.ini allowed the patch to install.However, a new problem has arised.I start up the Witcher from the launcher, I get a full black screen for about a second, then an error message saying The Witcher must close down.UGH.

Tisse said:
When I try to upgrade Witcher with TWEE_Upgrade.exe all goes well until it start to copy the files. When trying to copy localized.key I get the following error:Feature transfer errorFeature: NotCencoredComponent:File:Error: Catastrophic FailureI have downloaded both the language file and the TWEE_Upgrade file from two different locations and I still get the same error.Please help!
I have the same exact issue. I wonder, I'm in the US, but I originally bought the UK version, the uncensored version. I wonder if the UK version has a separate language file. This is the only thing I can think. Does the "NotCencored" possibly mean this? I've redownloaded the patches both times....

OK, so I downloaded the patch and language files, put them in the same directory, and ran the program. It said "installing redistributables" for about 20 minutes, and now it says "Online Activation" but it's just hanging there for the last 30 minutes. If I click anywhere in the window I get that windows "ding" sound. Should I cancel it? Did it crash? Will this ever work?*UPDATE*Nevermind, apparently the files cannot be in a subdirectory. When I moved them it started working.

Downloading from different sources hasn't given me any different results.....and I've tried every single one suggested in this topic.

Same problem here. Downloaded the patch and checksum clears out and I get the same catastrophic failure error and NonCensored or something is mentioned.I'm from Australia and I bought an imported copy as well so it's not censored but anyway, reinstalling doesn't fix the issue. :

Same issue here, Australian version. Will try to source te file from another location, and a re-install.

Top Bottom