Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
Hey guys, still having problems.
RandomOfAmber said:
Hi William -- before I tried uninstalling .Net Framework 3.0 SP1, I had tried the Win 95 Compatibility Mode trick, but unfortunately every time I ran the installer I was getting the same error message as sasnipes, namely:
RandomOfAmber said:
I tried this win 95 compatability mode option, but I still run into a problem.

good morningi have download Enhanced Edition patchduring the installation a message of error appear :unctionality: NotCensoredComposants: File:Error: Irremediable FaultHelp me Please

^Sadly, it did not work for me either. Either they get it fixed, or i'll buy it when I feel like it.

So out of curiosity, how long did the "Modifying Game Files" part of the patch install take you guys? I'm about to hit 3 hours, and it's still going...

WeakLad said:
So out of curiosity, how long did the "Modifying Game Files" part of the patch install take you guys? I'm about to hit 3 hours, and it's still going...
if the hard drive case light ain't flashing you need to kill the process and reinstall game + patch :(about 2 hours i'd say

someone please help me I'm trying to register the game and I can't...I need to to use the Enhanced Edition. Everytime I try to run the registeration program I get the error InternetException, 12057 and nothing can go further. Anyone know what the heck that is?

Nobody resolved the mistery of " NOTCENSURED" error at localized.key in installation phase?-Not fix with closing firewall o antivirus, i'm in provvisory so there aren't loaded.-I resolve others problem but the patch can run..it blocks itself..P.s.This with Italian languages pack+update......................I tried also to uncompress principal update.exe but it give an error...Thanks! i want to play it again!bye bye

Garonne said:
EDIT: PS: Reading (and follwing) the hints in the other Thread (Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions) did NOT help in any way.Deactivating of AntiVirus-Software, (Windows-)Firewall, Router-Firewall and setting my PC as Exposed Host did not change any behaviour of the Update File. Still crashing on localized.key.
read here: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0post what you've tried so far

I need some serious help. I normally use Firefox as my primary browser but I swapped to IE because the suggested solutions seem to be based off of IE.However every time I run the registraion application I get the following error: InternetException 12057So i went into IE and opening up the advanced tools and unchecked the publishers certification revocation and the server certification revocation and the check for signature's on downloaded programs and restarted the registration program from the gamer loader. It gave the same error. I reopened IE and the Check of server certificate revocation was rechecked even though it says takes effect after you restart internet explorer. What am I doing wrong and why can't I fix this?

EnderAsha said:
I need some serious help. I normally use Firefox as my primary browser but I swapped to IE because the suggested solutions seem to be based off of IE.However every time I run the registraion application I get the following error: InternetException 12057So i went into IE and opening up the advanced tools and unchecked the publishers certification revocation and the server certification revocation and the check for signature's on downloaded programs and restarted the registration program from the gamer loader. It gave the same error. I reopened IE and the Check of server certificate revocation was rechecked even though it says takes effect after you restart internet explorer. What am I doing wrong and why can't I fix this?
it will use IE anywayuncheck that, reboot computer, retrytry in "Safe Mode with Networking" as well

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
if the hard drive case light ain't flashing you need to kill the process and reinstall game + patch :(about 2 hours i'd say
I'm getting more than a little frustrated. This is my third attempt at installing the patch. My last time, I left the patch installing while I went to bed. I woke up several hours later (5-6 hours) and the patch was still modifying game files!After awhile there was nothing on my screen and silly old me thought it was done installing. When I tried to run the game, it crashed....and crashed...and crashed. I never make it to the opening cinema, menu, or any part of the game. I just click on Launch Game, and *crash*.I heard that install time of the patch varies from OS to OS, but how long will it take for me on my 64-Bit XP machine? Also, is there anything at all I should avoid doing, while I install the patch? Is web browsing, watching flash videos, and simple things like that ok to do? I'll be damned if I'm going to sit for another 6 hours staring at my desktop background twiddling my thumbs.

For those of you who are having issues with Windows Vista or XP that get the PAPP error (135) Service pack_1 its because there is an issue with a driver. You have to run in Safe Mode with networking and youll get the patch installed. Safe mode turns off all but the core components, it wont load your vid, soundcard drivers. None of it. And if you use networking youll have internet access so you can run the resistration. To answer that one dudes question, "How long did it take to install the EE patch?" roughly 10-15 minutes.

Just reread the FAQ, and i noticed the part about XP x64 not being able to install the patch (No idea how I missed that)I set it on windows95 compatibility mode, and crossed my fingers.

Top Bottom