Enhanced Edition installation problems and solutions

+
I had no trouble at all with the download. And i was in the original fray with thousands of others the day it came out :peace:

I too also am having the same problem.I was wondering if anyone out there could give me some tips/advice on how to get 1.4 going.Thank you!

It's not funny! I've sent the letter with hope that you help me, but I got nothing! You didn't help me! Is it official forum? Where is your support? :(

Harrier said:
It's not funny! I've sent the letter with hope that you help me, but I got nothing! You didn't help me! Is it official forum? Where is your support? :(
send the letter againmaybe he missed it or somethingalso sent a Private Message
Harrier said:
I finally deided to download and install the 1.4 patch It took about 10 minutes and once it was done, started on the install & set up. All went well through the Registered Game confirmation process. When I started the actual install it quit and said I needed the languge pack. I then went and downloaded the language pack and started the install process. It was the same as before, except that now it said I needed to install the patch.
Harrier said:
I too also am having the same problem.I was wondering if anyone out there could give me some tips/advice on how to get 1.4 going.
the EE site FAQ and the Tech forum FAQ have the answer:
Q: I’ve downloaded the language packs/additional adventures, but the installer fails to detect them.A: Make sure that all downloaded files are located in a single source directory and that they all have their original names.

Hey game widow, I heard about the opening day, and that was why I waited. ;) I figured the servers would be swamped. I had completed the game anyway, so it isn't a big deal. It was something I thought I would do at the time. I am a moderator at another Forum site and it keeps me pretty busy at times. I'll probably try again at some point, when I have the time. coastie65

Well I'm stumped, and aggravated as hell.First of all, I am in safemode with networking, I get the install to the point where it must verify that I have a registered copy. I have, I initially had trouble with that, but after running register.exe I got thru. Now the problem is it pops up a box with the title An'givare and a place for me to type in my name and password. I do so, but I keep receiving "Unable to connect to remote server." I have no problem logging into the forums, or site however.WTF?

Darmoth said:
Well I'm stumped, and aggravated as hell.First of all, I am in safemode with networking, I get the install to the point where it must verify that I have a registered copy. I have, I initially had trouble with that, but after running register.exe I got thru. Now the problem is it pops up a box with the title An'givare and a place for me to type in my name and password. I do so, but I keep receiving "Unable to connect to remote server." I have no problem logging into the forums, or site however.WTF?
what error were you getting in Normal Mode?

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
what error were you getting in Normal Mode?
SetupNew\setup.cpp (138)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) Non IE/Netscape 11.0
However, I've accomplished all four suggestions on the first page of this faq. :(

Darmoth said:
However, I've accomplished all four suggestions on the first page of this faq. :(
try the newer ones in the FAQ too: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 the FAQ keeps changing, as the first post says ;)did you check the files first?updated the the first post with the new stuff from the FAQ

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
try the newer ones in the FAQ too: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 the FAQ keeps changing, as the first post says ;)did you check the files first?updated the the first post with the new stuff from the FAQ
Tried those too. Also did the MD5 check sum stuff.

@ Sgt MelinI had a new latest greates computer when I installed and had no reasons for anything to go wrong but, did have a crash problem. I had resolved this simply by Uninstalling game and reinstalling game then patch. For some reason this fixed it. But, I did do all the recommended maintenance and performance tricks prior and I think those are important so, make sure to read about them.

Hi, i had all the problems mentioned above, and with the help of all your answers i worked myself through most of them. Now i have one problem i´m not able to solve with anything mentioned in the faq or above, maybe i just overread something?! When i start the patch, it comes to the point where i am asked to confirm my registration. If my firewall and antivirus software are enabled, it gets access to the server and goes on with installation....for about 30 seconds, then it shows me this: Fehler bei der Featureübertragung:Feature: NotCensoredComponent: -Datei: -Beschreibung: Catastrophic Failureoh, and the confirmation only works once, the next time i try, it can´t get access to the remote server. So i have to reboot and reregistrate. I registrated my game 4 or 5 times only today. So can anyone PLEASE help me????

drache667 said:
Hi, i had all the problems mentioned above, and with the help of all your answers i worked myself through most of them. Now i have one problem i´m not able to solve with anything mentioned in the faq or above, maybe i just overread something?!
do list what did you try from the FAQ

Q: The REGISTER.EXE keeps failing to register or Patch says i need to register my gameA1: It's not a problem if it says you need to register your game ( again ).A2: Since the registration process uses Internet Explorer to acces the Internet ( no matter what your default web browser you have ) you'll need to have cookies enabled in it, it helps to clear the cookies before attempting to register. Also, since the cookies need to authenticate with a server, it's recommended to have an exact timezone selected and an updated time for your system, or else the cookies can expire as soon as they're created, intrerupting the communication process.A3: If on Vista run the Patch and/or REGISTER.EXE as AdministratorA4: If you encounter an HTTP error "12057" you'll need to uncheck the following option in Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Security options -> "Check for server certificate revocation"A5: You basically need to STOP any firewall/antivirus that can interfere with the online key checking, have all updates for Windows and IEA6: Try to write the key/password with small case letters, even by changing your password with one that has small case lettersA7: Try to run REGISTER.EXE in "Safe Mode with Networking"A8: Even also try to register at a friend, you only need some files from the Witcher folder, put them on a USB flash stick or something, you do not need Data & System folders, you do not need to install the game on your friend's computer. Just run REGISTER.EXE there, if it works ( and it did to a lot of people that could not register from their houses ) then export the registry keys on the registered computer: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CD Projekt RED and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\CD Projekt RED and import them in your game system. After this retry to patch.Q: In case of Patch 1.4 installation errorsin Windows XP:ZitatSetupNew\setup.cpp (138)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) Non IE/Netscape 11.0in VistaZitatSetupNew\setup.cpp (135)PAPP:pGUID$@Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (6001) IE 7.0.6001.18000A1: The patching process needs about ~3GB of free disk space on the partition the game is installed.A2: Reboot computer into Windows "Safe Mode with Networking" and try to install the patch.A3: The patcher needs .NET Framework 1.1, 2.0, 2.0SP1 and 3.0 ( do not install 3.0 SP1 or 3.5 Beta, if you have them installed please uninstall ALL the .NET versions, and reinstall only the ones mentioned ), 64bit users need these also: 2.0, 2.0SP1, 3.0A4: The patch files need to be in the same folder and have their original file names as the patcher application checks them and it might crash if the files are not found. See this link: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/1.4_patch about the exact file names.Q: Problem with "Catastrophic Failure communicate" or something about a "language.key"A: You should disable and uninstall all the antivirus programs (especially Comodo and Kaspersky ) and any virtual drive applications. reboot and retry to patch. You can reinstall them after the patch has been applied successfully.I think thats about it.

Downloaded The Witcher Enhanced edition 1.4 upgrade patch and the English language patch.Put both files in the same directory (My Witcher Dir).Tried to run the twee upgrade patch but wouldnt work saying did not have the correct language pack!!After an hour or so looked at other language packs and found that at the end of the english lang pack file name was an _1 ie (TWEE_English_language_pack_1) So I deleted _1 (TWEE_English_language_pack) and installed the patch without a problem.Hope this helps anybody having similar problems.

I have tried several times to install the game on a new laptop. While the installation is running it freezes once it reaches the "sounds00.bif" file. I tried installing it on my older PC and it installed and ran perfectly. I would play it on the older PC but it can't handle the game's requirements. Is there something on my laptop that is stopping this game from succesfully installing? Is there a way to fix this?

GrendelsMother said:
I have tried several times to install the game on a new laptop. While the installation is running it freezes once it reaches the "sounds00.bif" file. I tried installing it on my older PC and it installed and ran perfectly. I would play it on the older PC but it can't handle the game's requirements. Is there something on my laptop that is stopping this game from succesfully installing? Is there a way to fix this?
can you copy the disks contents on the laptop?

hey,today i bought the DVD EE, but it won't install.game will install to 80-90% (......\data\movies\outro.bik )then i get a message F:\data3.cab datafouldgrtz rick

Top Bottom