Excessive Roping

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest 4339135

Since some weeks I have tried to play arena and seasonal mode, because ranked isn't enjoyable anymore. The problem is, that 95% of the matches are against newbies, players who haven't approximately played 50 games overall. Every match lasts about 30 minutes because they need all of time for every turn and the mulligans. When I begin a game and my opponent is on blue coin, I can walk around the block and when I come back, my turn just starts. I understand that new players need time to learn the game, but it's not ok when they take my time for it. These players have no place in these modes, because they make the game unplayable. I don't know what CDPR is thinking, there is no understanding for their actions anymore.

So you are saying, new players shouldn't have the right to play seasonal mode because their inexperience inconveniences you? Interesting.

And you must live on a really small block.

There should be only 2-3 times in a match with that much time, after using these the clock should be shorter.

I'm one of these new players, and sometimes my turns take some time. I play the game since two weeks.
Newcomers are always important for a game so locking us out of certain modes would be a bad idea, and shorter round times would intimidate/stress inexperienced players. We will learn the game and get faster with our turns soon.
Perhaps seasonal or arena should at least try to find matchups of similar strength, would that be a solution?

Last edited:
I think it's absolutely okay to take your time. When I realize, the other player is only beginning to play Gwent, I relax and watch something on youtube. It's good, new people are coming in. Let's support them.

Guest 4339135

So you are saying, new players shouldn't have the right to play seasonal mode because their inexperience inconveniences you? Interesting.

And you must live on a really small block.

I say that new players have to learn the game in tutorials, practice matches and matches on ladder against other new players before they play against experienced players. And when you know something about Gwent, then that it is a very time intense game. When you play every day ten seasonal matches just for fun, and every game lasts 30 minutes instead of 10, it's very frustrating and the fun is gone.
Post automatically merged:

There should be only 2-3 times in a match with that much time, after using these the clock should be shorter.

Only if the player doesn't end his turn because he is afk. When he plays a card at the end of his time period, he has the full time in the next turn again.

I'm one of these new players, and sometimes my turns take some time. I play the game since two weeks.
Newcomers are always important for a game so locking us out of certain modes would be a bad idea, and shorter round times would intimidate/stress inexperienced players. We will learn the game and get faster with our turns soon.
Perhaps seasonal or arena should at least try to find matchups of similar strength, would that be a solution?

I know that it takes time to learn the game and your solution is a good idea. And I think there should be good practice modes for new players which help them to learn how the cards work. And it only should be possible to play other modes like arena when you have reached a higher rank on ladder --> not like it is at the moment (because on ladder you play against others with the same experience), so that it is sure you have learned how the game and the different factions work.

To the shorter time periods per turn: Sometimes there is a speed seasonal and arena mode and it is very enjoyable for experienced players to play them. But it's only sometimes and the time period for your draw is a little bit too short, because you can not play cards and leaders who need a lot of time to use. My solution for arena and seasonal is to cut the time for your turn in these modes down, because these modes are not competitive like ranked matches and you play them just for fun or reward points.

And I would say that experienced players, who play this game since the beta are very important too. Because they bring new ideas and carry this game.

I think it's absolutely okay to take your time. When I realize, the other player is only beginning to play Gwent, I relax and watch something on youtube. It's good, new people are coming in. Let's support them.

Yeah, it's ok to take your time and learn how to play, but it's not ok to take my time. It's nice when you have enough time to relax and support this players. But many others don't have the time and so it's very annoying to get roped turn after turn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it's ok to take your time and learn how to play, but it's not ok to take my time. It's nice when you have enough time to relax and support this players. But many others don't have the time and so it's very annoying to get roped turn after turn.

I also have not a lot of time, but when I am in a hurry, I don't play. It's only a game and I'm always relaxed while playing. Otherwise I would stop playing at all. So no, I have no problems with new players taking their time.

You are the one deciding to play the game.. If you don't have the time to wait for players taking longer turns then perhaps you shouldn't be playing..

[...] so locking us out of certain modes would be a bad idea [...]

No it wouldnt.
There are many games out there with different modes you get access to with higher experience or game time.
Thats some kind of reward system. The better and longer you play, more and more modes you will get access to.
So where is the problem to accept that?
When you play a game you dont get insta all achievements, do you? So why do some think they should get insta access to all playable modes? See it like an achievement .... you have to EARN it.

Guest 4339135

I also have not a lot of time, but when I am in a hurry, I don't play. It's only a game and I'm always relaxed while playing. Otherwise I would stop playing at all. So no, I have no problems with new players taking their time.

It's not about being in a hurry, it's about the time overall. When you play this game at a certain niveau you have to do many matches and then it is so annoying to wait for your opponent again and again. There is no mode where experienced players just could throw some cards and do quests!

You are the one deciding to play the game.. If you don't have the time to wait for players taking longer turns then perhaps you shouldn't be playing..

What you are saying is completely meaningless. You don't understand what I'm talking about, sorry!

Three quick ways to remedy this problem....

0) Do something unrelated, i.e. Watch media on another screen / complete a household chore / walk a second block...
1) Play with people at your level in Ranked.
2) Advance to the top levels of Arena, more experienced players are usually there.
3) Play inferior decks with Meme cards...you will think more on your turn to counterbalance the opposition's analysis paralysis.

No it wouldnt.
There are many games out there with different modes you get access to with higher experience or game time.
Thats some kind of reward system. The better and longer you play, more and more modes you will get access to.
So where is the problem to accept that?
When you play a game you dont get insta all achievements, do you? So why do some think they should get insta access to all playable modes? See it like an achievement .... you have to EARN it.

Sure, lock people out of modes, see how long the game lasts. Tobi will go from waiting slightly longer for his opponent to take a turn to waiting forever to even find an opponent.

It's not about being in a hurry, it's about the time overall. When you play this game at a certain niveau you have to do many matches and then it is so annoying to wait for your opponent again and again. There is no mode where experienced players just could throw some cards and do quests!

What you are saying is completely meaningless. You don't understand what I'm talking about, sorry!

I understand exactly what you are saying and I think it's wrong, don't get upset with people who play the game slower than you just because you are better than them at it. You've already had one rant post locked. It's high time this one was locked too. It's wrong to attack players for going slower than you. If you have such an issue with the game and its new players using different game modes simply because it inconveniences your important time then I don't know why you are here

If you don't want to wait don't play the game or just forfeit. It's absolutely ridiculous that your opponents have to match your time schedule. Let everyone play the game as they want to do so.

Guest 4339135

Sure, lock people out of modes, see how long the game lasts. Tobi will go from waiting slightly longer for his opponent to take a turn to waiting forever to even find an opponent.

I understand exactly what you are saying and I think it's wrong, don't get upset with people who play the game slower than you just because you are better than them at it. You've already had one rant post locked. It's high time this one was locked too. It's wrong to attack players for going slower than you. If you have such an issue with the game and its new players using different game modes simply because it inconveniences your important time then I don't know why you are here

You don't get it, it's not about locking people out. It's the most common thing on earth that you have to learn something before you can do it. Learning how to play Gwent with all the cards and different factions needs much time and so it's not only in my interest to support the new players with practice modes and assistance before they face experienced players in other modes. It's bad for me to play against newbies, because it's makes no fun when your opponent didn't know how the game works and needs so much time. And the new player has nothing from this too. Fact is, that many of these new players abort the matches prematurely or even close the whole game immediately, because they are frustrated by losing the match with 40 points or more. And getting access to new modes little by little is a motivating factor to play the game. And when CDPR reworks the arena and seasonal mode as they said in the roadmap yesterday, it will be more attractive in the future and more players will use this modes, so there will be no problem with latency.

And when you read my posts correctly, you could see that I never attacked a new player. The reverse is true, I said that I understand that new players need time and support...when this is attacking for you, ok. With my suggestion I want to help new and experienced players. And what this has to do with my other posts, I really don't get it (you see that this post isn't locked because I have attacked nodody and want to push the game forwards) So what is your problem? You are attacking me instead of talking about the topic, your first post had nothing to do with the topic, too. In your position I would be careful that my own posts aren't getting locked...only a thought-provoking impulse.

Three quick ways to remedy this problem....

0) Do something unrelated, i.e. Watch media on another screen / complete a household chore / walk a second block...
1) Play with people at your level in Ranked.
2) Advance to the top levels of Arena, more experienced players are usually there.
3) Play inferior decks with Meme cards...you will think more on your turn to counterbalance the opposition's analysis paralysis.

The whole post is about playing alternative modes instead of ranked, so your post is meaningless. And your other ideas, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
And when you read my posts correctly, you could see that I never attacked a new player.

[New] players have no place in [arena & seasonal] modes, because they make the game unplayable.

Looks like an attack to me.

Whole extended whine reads like an attack. You may say you want to support & grow the game, but you make it clear you're upset if supporting & growing the game causes you even slight inconvenience, like an opponent taking longer than you deem acceptable to take a turn.

This thread has gone downhill pretty fast with constructive feedback only few and far between. Now, it mostly consists of personal attacks, which add nothing to the discussion. I guess everything has been said; time to put the thread to rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom