Exploring Cyberpunk 2077

+
Found Half Life reference in the game :)
Post automatically merged:

Meds vendor in Little China is hilarious :)

By the way, is Defender machine gun bugged? Looks like I can't add multiple mods to them (only one works, others just weirdly replace the first one).

Last edited:
In my first playthrough, I played it closely to the tabletop game lore and sourcebook. In the mission Never Fade Away, I experienced an oddity. When the quest changed to Find the mainframe, I started wasting time and exploring, which led be to an area where the quest changed to find access point briefly. I kept exploring and found the place which led to me getting 3 choices to save Alt. This storyline broke during Norcturne OP55N1. I reported the bug to devteam and started replaying and brute-forcing my way to get that 3 choices again. But now I am sure that I haven't gone insane and I did in fact trigger the sourcebook variation to successfully upload Alt. Can CDPR give me a nod so that I know that I've not gone bonkers?

Last edited:
By the way, is Defender machine gun bugged? Looks like I can't add multiple mods to them (only one works, others just weirdly replace the first one).
It is since daye one, if I'm right :(
(you can only put a mod in the first slot).
In my first playthrough, I played it closely to the tabletop game lore and sourcebook. In the mission Never Fade Away, I experienced an oddity. When the quest changed to Find the mainframe, I started wasting time and exploring, which led be to an area where the quest changed to find access point briefly. I kept exploring and found the place which led to me getting 3 choices to save Alt. This storyline broke during Norcturne OP55N1. I reported the bug to devteam and started replaying and brute-forcing my way to get that 3 choices again. But now I am sure that I haven't gone insane and I did in fact trigger the sourcebook variation to successfully upload Alt. Can CDPR give me a nod so that I know that I've not gone bonkers?
I don't know but in all my playthroughs (and there were a few), it always finish in this way (no real choice).

I don't know but in all my playthroughs (and there were a few), it always finish in this way (no real choice).
I can give you more details. But, I'm not lying, nobody has believed me. This will surface soon (and I will not be given the credit).

I can give you more details. But, I'm not lying, nobody has believed me. This will surface soon (and I will not be given the credit).
I wonder just where you have to go, because there is only one path to reach Alt :)
If you remember, on the video where I have to go. It's possible I miss something... But I have doubts (I re-played this quest a bunch).

Last edited:
I wonder just where you have to go, because there is only one path to reach Alt :)
I few things I did differently. I used the Johnny dialogues mentioned in the sourcebook, At the location, I accessed the computers. When the quest changes to Find the Mainframe, if you keep stalling and exploring, there is a point on the bottom floor, where the quest brefily changes to Find the access point and then keeps changes between Find the Mainframe or Fight Arasaka (this is very similar to final mission game mechanics). I manually changed the quest to that. And after looking for sometime I find it. It triggers a monitor view looking at Alt and gives you 3 options: 1. Destroy mainframe, 2. Kill Alt, 3 or Let Alt upload. This variation will surface soon, I am replaying the game and will record. I'm not a pro gamer so I did not record it the first time and my game ended abruptly so I stopped trying. I will be proven right.

It triggers a monitor view looking at Alt and gives you 3 options: 1. Destroy mainframe, 2. Kill Alt, 3 or Let Alt upload. This variation will surface soon, I am replaying the game and will record. I'm not a pro gamer so I did not record it the first time and my game ended abruptly so I stopped trying. I will be proven right.
At least some screenshots, for know where to go, which "thing" to interact with,... should be sufficient :)

At least some screenshots, for know where to go, which "thing" to interact with,... should be sufficient :)
Yes, firstly, I could never find it again, since all this time I was trying to brute force find it. Secondly, this particular storyline broke and I could never get an ending. Now I know that the game is actually making you playing the cyberpunk2020 tabletop game in that mission. I have started playing it again using old savefile that triggered it, will give you screenshots. Understand that this was my first time playing the game back in Dec 2020, and I didn't think that this was a rare event since that's how it took place in the lore. I got a job, broke-up ,a lot happened after this so I could never get back to this properly. I reached out to pro-gamers to help me speed-run a few scenarios, but no one helped me work on this. One guy helped me noclip thru the game to find this access-point. But I've come to realize that this mission needs to be played like tabletop CP2020. If I find it again then will post it. But I did see it.

Tried adding Zero Drag mod and... nothing. Movement speed is still shown as 5 in the stats. Is it also bugged?
Probably again the stats page, because I have a few of these mods at the beginning (in my current playthrough), when you can't really have "good" crit mods, and it make a real difference between have 2 or 3 of these mods and none when you run :)
(obvious at the beginning where you probably don't have skill/perk which add movement speed).

Another bug that I noticed. Adding Predator and Showtime mods also isn't reflected in the stats page (and no idea if they work in general too). Why is it such a huge mess? lol

And thanks for the hint about Zero drag, I'll add some to increase speed for the fights.

Last edited:
Another bug that I noticed. Adding Predator and Showtime mods also isn't reflected in the stats page (and no idea if they work in general too). Why is it such a huge mess? lol
I think they also have a problem in the stats page :(
And in-game, I never use them. So I can say if they work or not (need some testing). But at level 50, all the enemies should be "low" I think. So not really useful in your case (and not easy to test).

I just finish Beat on the Brat (and Razor), now in 1.3, you can easily counter Razor (and other), you just need to be patient to not take a counter yourself :)
If you have a good crit chances, you can equip short circuit in legendary, it help (a lot). Also animal knuckles it's good mod :)

I figured those mods are indeed not very useful even if they'd work. Now I simply added a bunch of Deadeye mods to make sure to have 100% crit chance (with base and +5% of Gorilla Arms). And since they also add a bunch of crit damage increase, it should be good as a offensive boost.

Now I need to figure out if boosting evasion is worth it, since armor for example is useless (i.e. ignored by melee attacks).

I figured those mods are indeed not very useful even if they'd work. Now I simply added a bunch of Deadeye mods to make sure to have 100% crit chance (with base and +5% of Gorilla Arms). And since they also add a bunch of crit damage increase, it should be good as a offensive boost.

Now I need to figure out if boosting evasion is worth it, since armor for example is useless (i.e. ignored by melee attacks).
Yep, in my opinion, evasion is not very useful (kerensikov is most useful for slowing time and dodge a little bit more easily when you have to). With 100% crit chance, if you have Short Circuit in legendary version, don't forget to equip it, it help (its passive effect help a lot).
Another tip, which is not important, but after talk to Coach Fred and before sitting on the chair (to talk to Viktor), eat/drink and take some boosters (stamina/health), it's not a big "boost", but better than nothing :)
(and aim abdominals like Viktor say, instead of aiming head, it make a real difference).

I think, well prepared as you are, it should be a piece of cake :)

I can see why Razor fight is so hard. V gets knocked out with two hits :) I manage to evade him for a bit, but not enough not to get KO'ed yet. Plus he jumps like a frog with his cyberware! I'll keep trying until I get better at evasion tactics :)

I can see why Razor fight is so hard. V gets knocked out with two hits :) I manage to evade him for a bit, but not enough not to get KO'ed yet. Plus he jumps like a frog with his cyberware! I'll keep trying until I get better at evasion tactics
Hence Kerensikov :)
And like Viktor say : "Look at him, he's a tank... You could hit him on the head with a mass that he wouldn't flinch!"

Yeah, I didn't try using reflexes based cyberware for it yet. Feels kind of like cheating, but may be I should since Razor is full of cyberware himself so it's only fair.

Some progress - managed to beat him down at least 2/3 without using Kerenzikov before being knocked out :) I think I get a bit better idea what strategy to use. You need to hit him a lot and fast with light attacks and then evade, not charge hits I think.

Last edited:
I can see why Razor fight is so hard. V gets knocked out with two hits :) I manage to evade him for a bit, but not enough not to get KO'ed yet. Plus he jumps like a frog with his cyberware! I'll keep trying until I get better at evasion tactics :)
Razor is very tough if your V is level 50 as difficulty scales. I'm on Xbox One X and for me Zero Drag mods were very important for this and definitely had huge effect as it became easier to maintain focus on pace of match, when and how Razor is coming when I didn't needed to run anywhere but even simply moving backwards and sidestepping was enough to evade his attacks and I was able to get close enough to land few punches after his combo attacks.

What LeKill3rFou wrote about stat page being bugged, it's like that AFAIK on all platforms, myself I found right mod combination via trial and error.

Top Bottom