Extracting voice over audio

+
Good Day,

first thank you guys for the perfect instructions to extract the w3speech files. It works fine for the most german files too.
But here is my problem:

w3speech extract.jpg

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you

Good Day,

first thank you guys for the perfect instructions to extract the w3speech files. It works fine for the most german files too.
But here is my problem:

View attachment 11050835

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you
I've corrected w3unpack.exe file to avoid these errors. They were caused by
1. empty w3speech files (some dlc contain no dialogs)
2. occurrence of zero-size wav files inside (basically devs forgot to include some dialogs in the bundle).

Here it is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OzTlDfBFhy3WzQW64x4Q-leNHusPKqfT/view?usp=sharing

I was able to extract dialogue lines containing Priscilla's song in all languages. Merged them losslessly into individual files :)

Works fine for me too ;)

Thank you very much bro
Post automatically merged:

I`ve got a new problem :eek:

Unbenannt.png

All german files extracted except the string-files from blood & wine and hearts of stone.

Maybe you have a solution as well f1ac?

Greetings

PS: Needed for projects like that:

Last edited:
Can't fix this, sorry, try asking the author of the tool, there was a thread somewhere on this forum where he shared it.

No problem. I´m happy i can use the toussaint files now, even they`re unsorted.
Thanks again for your fix.

Greetings

Hi. I have problem with conversion .wav and .cr2w files from w3speech folder to .wav and ogg. Script simply do nothing. It creates folders for each format, but after finish they are empty. Here is my .bat files that I´m using and screen. Has anyone solved a similar problem?

Attachments

• convert to wav and ogg.jpg
    convert to wav and ogg.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 56
  • convert bat file.jpg
    convert bat file.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 47
  • extract bat file.jpg
    extract bat file.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 60
Hi. I have problem with conversion .wav and .cr2w files from w3speech folder to .wav and ogg. Script simply do nothing. It creates folders for each format, but after finish they are empty. Here is my .bat files that I´m using and screen. Has anyone solved a similar problem?
Yes - I have had the same issue - the extracted files appear to be of a different format, so the conversion tool throws a 'parse error expected 0x42 fmt if vorb missing' error. The tool still works for ver 1.32 files. No idea how to fix other than update the ww2ogg.exe file, however the readme in that repository says - Parse error: expected 0x42 fmt if vorb missing suggests that the input is not Vorbis data at all, and so it is not supported by this program.
Help anyone!

Yes - I have had the same issue - the extracted files appear to be of a different format, so the conversion tool throws a 'parse error expected 0x42 fmt if vorb missing' error. The tool still works for ver 1.32 files. No idea how to fix other than update the ww2ogg.exe file, however the readme in that repository says - Parse error: expected 0x42 fmt if vorb missing suggests that the input is not Vorbis data at all, and so it is not supported by this program.
Help anyone!
I installed an old 1.32 GOTY version and it seems to work fine. So problem partly solved.

Help anyone!
The solution is to convert with vgmstream - see this link
Next Gen Voice files can't be converted by Convert to WAV and OGG · Issue #5 · JTGizmo/Extracting-Voice-Over-Audio-from-Witcher-3 (github.com)
Edit the batch file to this (test.exe is the vgmstream executable) and place it in the vgmstream root folder
mkdir wav

del wav\*.wav
cd w3speech
for %%i in (*.wav) do ..\test.exe -o ..\wav\%%i %%i

cd ..\wav

cd ..

Last edited:
You can't "edit" a single line and push it back in, to make such kind of mod you'd have to extract entire w3speech file (all of the voice lines it contais) edit the ones you want and then recompile it again using original and modified files.
How I can compile w3speech files? How can this be done?
Post automatically merged:

Can anyone help me with w3speech? I extracted it to make something like mod. As I understood, I need to compile all extracted files from w3speech and then it will be works, but I have no idea how to do it correctly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom