Faction Challenge — rewards distribution

+
ser2440;n9998101 said:
What's done is done however. If you can't at least reward those who sided with Skellige a bit more fairly, my suggestion is to avoid the same mistakes in the next challenge. I don't think losers and winners should be rewarded the same, that's not the point of a challenge. But at least the winning faction should not be visible. This is still Beta after all, mistakes will happen.

Game still being in Beta isn't an excuse. It's a digital card game.. Giving away a digital card doesn't require transfer fee and it costs them nothing other than reputation. When a company doesn't even try to give equal compensation "one side got a golden premium by a mistake, so let's give the other side 100 dust, instead of compensating with the mistake card" then it's a sign that things won't be any different in the future. If they won't even try to fix some problems while still in beta (when they still need to attract customers) then how probable is to address similar issues when they become popular? This is a terrible sign.
I didn't even care about the initial 100 dust vs Dijstra. Everyone who stayed with Skellige till the end, were aknowledge of the reward and they can't complain about what was given to them. But the compensation on the other hand...this is a huge red Warning.

RVG1926, I really like your way of thinking. It bothers me greatly, that now the situation is winner wins 2 times, losers lose 2 times. I sided with Skellige, because I need Lugos, had I known that it is exacltly the NR where people get Lugos... I won a lot for that Lugos with Skellige, while who played NR, it was just a no effort whoah, I got both by mistake. Mistakes on one side should compensated with an equal mistake on the other side. CDPR didn't do the math in a math oriented game.

Also something else i noticed :

Burza46;n9980131 said:
Since the winning side is getting twice the rewards, Skellige supporters are also getting twice the Meteorite Powder

This is a mistake. The winning side didn't got twice the rewards. They got the other side's win reward for no additional effort. If it was twice the rewards, it would be two premium Dikjstras and not one premium Dijsktra and one premium Lugos. The premium Lugos wasn't tied to any way with NR victory.

So skellige should also get the other side's win reward in order to be fair. Instead of twice the lose reward. I don't get it why cdpr doesn't wanna be fair. Especially so close to Christmas.

Last edited:
RVG1926

The winning side got two Premium Cards when it was announced 1, what is this if not double the reward?

Jesus.

It sounds like CDPR should just give the 2 premiums to the Skellige players who were active during the event and say 'Merry Christmas'. It really isn't worth the distaste this is stirring up in an already small community

Last edited:
hydra66;n10001421 said:
It sounds like CDPR should just give the 2 premiums to the Skellige players...

No, they just had to give the Lugos or the DJ to the Skelligers and both cards to the Nordlings. This is what would be fair, considering the mistake.

I think like we are going in circles...

Problem was not offering a like-for-like reward in the first place. I doubt there would have been so many complaints about bandwagoneering, bungled rewards and the rest if rewards had been premium gold for the winner and a silver/200 scraps for the runner-up.

When a company doesn't even try to give equal compensation "one side got a golden premium by a mistake, so let's give the other side 100 dust, instead of compensating with the mistake card" then it's a sign that things won't be any different in the future. If they won't even try to fix some problems while still in beta (when they still need to attract customers) then how probable is to address similar issues when they become popular? This is a terrible sign.

While I do agree that it is problematic, you seem to think they aren't even trying. Let's not grab the pitchforks immediately. Exactly because it is a digital card game, things can change.They have done pretty well up until now in my opinion. With events like Saovine or Mahakam Ale Tucking, and in general they respond to feedback/adjust things accordingly. Sure it might not be their first or probably last mistake either, but give some time, wait until the next faction challenge and we will see then :)

ser2440 well the event was poorly planned, but the fact that one side went 2 premium gold cards ahead instead of one, it's because of cdpr's additional mistake to compensation. This was easy to fix by giving the other side the one gold premium "by mistake". And this 2 premium gap won't get fixed on the next event, but add more disappointment to the losing side that happened to lose the 1st event too.

I'm only asking for what is fair. I ve seen many unfair things happening in other games but I didn't expect this from cdpr. That's something blizz or ea would do, but not cdpr.
​​​​​​

well the event was poorly planned, but the fact that one side went 2 premium gold cards ahead instead of one, it's because of cdpr's additional mistake to compensation.

Exactly what I am asking for as well if you look at my previous posts :) Maybe that was a second mistake, another mistake, but that doesn't change the fact they are good at fixing things/responding based on feedback. I am just trying to calm the spirits a bit, I see a lot of people who are properly RAGING about it.

I also agree that it was 2 mistake in a row. First mistake was giving wrong gold card. Second was compensation for a skellige. Also agree that difference of awards between winning and loosing faction was too big especially after 'doubling'.

In my case it was clear for me from very beginning that I should change faction do NR, but as i play usually skellige I said I will be loyal to my faction and just make fun in this challenge. Of course I would love to win one premium gold card (which is huge) but I did not wanted to just change faction based on current result as i wanted to be fair. But two premium gold cards vs 200 powder is too much IMHO. That i agree that in this case looser should get one premium gold card (and it should be Dijkstra, as NR got additional card from opposing faction)...

Also in future I would recommend to force to choose side week before start of event, not based on current result. Also it would be nice to have a information that i received award. Too be honest I am not sure if I receive anything (played in that time only Skellige)...

Last edited:
Top Bottom