Far Cry: Primal

+
Far Cry: Primal

Ubisoft have announced the next Far Cry game, and I'm not sure what to think:

I think this would be better as a new IP rather than a Far Cry game. What do the rest of you think? Yay or Nay?

Such hype.

Looks promising.
I hope it will be better than FC 4... Fc4 was very pretty and big, but that was all.
Best is still FC3.
Hope they learned a bit.

Looks promising.
I hope it will be better than FC 4... Fc4 was very pretty and big, but that was all.
Best is still FC3.
Hope they learned a bit.

Not counting the FC1, cause it was made by Crytek and a different beast, for me the FC2 and 4 stood out - 4, because of unexplored settings and themes, good villain and fun gameplay. And 2 because of sheer atmosphere, difficulty, sense of despair and unexplored setting again. While 3 was decent and Vaas was great - the writing was horrid and it made the game just meh.

Not saying that Far Cry games are actually something I'm a big fan of - but they are kinda fun and that's coming from Ubisoft. (similar story goes with AC IV)

Not counting the FC1, cause it was made by Crytek and a different beast, for me the FC2 and 4 stood out - 4, because of unexplored settings and themes, good villain and fun gameplay. And 2 because of sheer atmosphere, difficulty, sense of despair and unexplored setting again. While 3 was decent and Vaas was great - the writing was horrid and it made the game just meh.

Not saying that Far Cry games are actually something I'm a big fan of - but they are kinda fun and that's coming from Ubisoft. (similar story goes with AC IV)

I can agree with you there. I still play Far Cry 4 as I just like the setting better and Far Cry 3's. I tend to just wait for a price drop before buying any Ubisoft games, as you don't get as badly burned by the ridiculous prices that way. I'll be doing the same for Assassin's Creed: Syndicate.

I think it looks pretty cool. I'm always fascinated by our evolutionary history, and I don't recall any game set in the time period of megafauna. Too bad by then the last glacial age receded and there were no more Neanderthals, that would have been a truly interesting cultural clash.

Oh well. I'll never get to play this DRM'ed crap anyway.

I think it looks pretty cool. I'm always fascinated by our evolutionary history, and I don't recall any game set in the time period of megafauna. Too bad by then the last glacial age receded and there were no more Neanderthals, that would have been a truly interesting cultural clash.

Oh well. I'll never get to play this DRM'ed crap anyway.

Knowing Ubisoft pricing, it'll probably be around £40-£50 or whatever your regional equivalent is.

Is it actually a full game or an expandalone like Blood Dragon?

Either way, concept looks cool, not convinced the gameplay will really support it, though.

Either way, concept looks cool, not convinced the gameplay will really support it, though.

Supposedly it is a full game but yeah, I agree, I'm also not too sure how they're going to make it work.

Knowing Ubisoft pricing, it'll probably be around £40-£50 or whatever your regional equivalent is.

Yeah, probably full price. Used to be $59.99, now probably 59.99 €. Good thing I'm not gonna get it.

I agree and also think there should be more games with alternative settings. Our recent evolutionary history, for instance, would be fascinating. Always thought the transition period when Neanderthals and Sapiens Sapiens cohabited Europe was fascinating, and lends itself well for a game with raw, violent situations (nature, predators, etc.), survival and battle/hunting tactics. Even resource management.

The "gameplay" in the video doesn't really show anything valuable though. Actually makes me think of online multiplayer.

The "gameplay" in the video doesn't really show anything valuable though. Actually makes me think of online multiplayer.

Yeah, there actually is a game like that called ARK: Survival Evolved, not sure if you've heard of it. Except that game also has dinosaurs and sci-fi influences. I can't say I've ever played it though.

As I said however, it's always best to wait for a price drop on any Ubisoft games. Assuming your're interested of course.

Well it doesn't have 5 in a name and I think the concept is too limiting in terms of gameplay for it to be a full game (varieties or weapons, upgrades, gear?)
But also it's been quite a long time since FC4, so it might be a big standalone expansion game on the same engine (looks the same graphically - even worse imo), reusing assets and some mechanics, like Ubi does best.

Honestly they would need to alter the standard Far Cry formula a lot to make this good. We will see.

Yeah, there actually is a game like that called ARK: Survival Evolved, not sure if you've heard of it. Except that game also has dinosaurs and sci-fi influences. I can't say I've ever played it though.

As I said however, it's always best to wait for a price drop on any Ubisoft games. Assuming your're interested of course.

Dinosaurs and people? Not a new idea (The Lost World), but a silly one. Dinosaurs, people and sci fi? Turok pulled it off, somewhat. But ARK? Sounds like religious brainwashing!

Ubisoft recipe: if you don't have new ideas, choose another time or another place for the setting of your new game (in the meantime, they do that very well, I still think Unity's Paris was the best city I've seen in a game).
I would have loved to play a realistic "neanderthal sim" though.

As for "trend":

Last edited:
I like the idea. Hunting pre-historic, now extinct megafauna is at least something new. But I worry about a variety of possible weapons. I simply loved my sniper rifle, machine gun and rocket launcher, you know. What would I get now - a super-fast potato gun, and a bow with magic auto-aim?

Where are the fucking guns! :2guns:

No but seriously, i don't think Ubisoft will pull of a game like this without sticking a load of explosions and what have you in it :/

Well its not something like BloodDragon, they said its a new full game. So fullprice.

@Sagitarii
Meh...Pegan Ming was so boring ...Not half so good like Vaas and even Hoyt was better. And the Story of FC4 general was really not good.
The siblings were not really convincing too.

Where are the fucking guns!
No guns in this Game, but that doesnt mean its bad. Its just something new.
You can craft different Types of Melee Weapons and Bows.

The setting is interesting but I have no interest other than that. Very good chance I'll skip it between the same-ness and all the other open world games I've been playing.

Top Bottom