Favourite music

+
I listen to very different music, different styles.. alternative, metalcore, indie-rock, post-rock, grunge, punk rock, etc.And my favourite bands are: Nirvana, Deftones, System of a Down, Metallica, NoFX, Radiohead, Stigmata(russian metalcore), Green Day, Red Hot Chili Peppers... and many more..

Hmm...I listen to pretty much anything that I end up liking. ;DOr to what my dad listens to... ;DSo it could be the Beatles, Sinatra, Elvis, Bocelli, etc.Though, of late, the mp3 player I use only has Angela Aki on it. ;D

Anything will do I think.Trance, rock, celtic, industrial, dance, classical music (movie scores), new age, gothic...Music for every mood. ;)

Punkrock, screamo, metalcore :)- Use For A Name- AFI- The Blackout- As I Lay Dying- All That Remains- Goldfinger- NOFX- Silverstein etc

My current playlist is a weird mixture: Excerpts from the soundtracks of The Witcher, Gothic 1 and 2, a bit of Celtic, some Elane (does anyone here know 'Nen ar Tasar'? Lovely song...), Qntal, Deine Lakaien, Madrigal, Moonspell, Garmarna, Within Temptation and Therion. Of course, like most things, the selection may change at any time without notice...

MUSE! No one has mentioned them, but judging by your other bands it seems most people would probably like them. Also Nine Inch Nails and Radiohead.

I enjoy mostly black metal/folk-metal bands. I also like psychedelic music, some hip-hop, world music, anything that has a strong folk or blues influence, and Gothic musicI hate country music.Some bands I have been listening to currently are:SummoningEmpyriumNokturnal MortumBathoryToolMoonspellType O Negative

Fletchbren said:
I hate country music.
Ach... open your mind, there's almost no music style that hasn't some really good stuff under all the crap on the outside...*throws some Johnny Cash and Fred Neil records at Fletchbren*No country fan either, but giving credit where it's needed. :beer:Now I need to search this pile of Goth... dammit, there must be somewhere.... I'm sure there is.... now where.... herrje... maybe here...? :whistle:

Gah! Country?? Sure, if you play it backwards you get your job back, you get your wife back, and you even get your dog back.... Come to think of it, playing Country music backwards even makes it sound better. Go figure... :whistle:~ Roxy

If u want see my music taste just look on last fm...Thats all:p http://www.lastfm.pl/user/WSCrew/ ^^^^^^...Hmm...I Like listem Metal , Hip Hop, Techno and much more!...If somebody use last fm please add me to frends and send PW :)

RogueRoxy said:
Gah! Country?? Sure, if you play it backwards you get your job back, you get your wife back, and you even get your dog back.... Come to think of it, playing Country music backwards even makes it sound better. Go figure... :whistle:~ Roxy
Hahaha, good one. But really, Country's only really bad when the singer wears a cowboy hat. 97% of the country singers wear a cowboy hat though. But that's really no reason not to like Johnny Cash, someone who doesn't like Johnny Cash can't be a good person, nope. *nods wisely*

I think I should rephrase what I said, I hate country music but I do not consider Johny Cash to be country music in anyway shape or form. I like Johny Cash but he is definetly not a country singer in my opinion.

Fletchbren said:
I think I should rephrase what I said, I hate country music but I do not consider Johny Cash to be country music in anyway shape or form. I like Johny Cash but he is definetly not a country singer in my opinion.
If Johnny Cash isn't country, who is? He's the personification of country. :beer:If you mean the current american country music as heard on TV and Radio, yes, that's probably the worst music one can listen to, besides some kiddie techno dancefloor shit or such. But that's no country, for me country means "original" stuff like JC, Hank Williams, etc. I'll counter that video with an old time greatest:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5Ts4M3irWM

Personally, I would categorize Johnny Cash as a Folk singer. The current Country Music genre is far too vast. Country Music people think that the Eagles and the Allman Bros. are Country singers, which is far from the truth. Some of their stuff may be stylized, but they certainly aren't Country people at heart. And, for the record, I like some of Cash's music. He doesn't whine and twang like current Country folk ;D .~ Roxy

Top Bottom