Female clothing: not 2077, rather 1977. Or worse. CDPR please do something! ;)

+
I mean, apart from select few clothing items - some good looking netrunner suits, very few inner and outer torsos. Practically all pants - is like it's not a lady but some dock worker whos wife never heard about ironing clothes; bras like my grand-grand-mothers would think fancy - both colors and shapes are very last century (at best). Most head pieces like it's some soviet Ivan soldier, or like old Joe playing ball, or some delivery girl having big hang-over. Etc.

Seriously, CDPR, perhaps reading few modern fashion journals could help? The way it is now, almost all of Night City, and V's look in particular - is like we're going through some 3rd-world country some time in the 1950s, fashion-wise. Where's all the decadent luxury of the dying world 0.01% happily keep soaking all the remaining juices from? Where's extra 50 years of fashion industry further advancement in the art of making clothes which legally cover all required to be covered parts, but in actually cover nothing? Where's, at very least, some sensible choices in terms of colors and textures?

I mean, when i compare clothing / people in CP2077 and ones like in the following video - it's like... 10 points video, -gazillion points CP2077:

So, dear CDPR - please outsource some actual couturier for him/her to at least make couple dozens most simple "something to be inspired by" pieces, digitally, if nothing better. I am sure this is very doable, not anyhow too expensive - and would produce excellent results!

P.S. / edit: Ok i found one piece i was thinking about, CDPR, which can show you how BIG OF AN IMPACT clothes in-game - and indeed, equally in a movie - have:
And as very well noted during very beginning of the piece, clothes for that particular well known and extremely well-SELLING movie were largely designed by one world class couturier indeed. So you see, it ain't all jokes this post is about. It's in fact quite serious business idea i am hurling your way, because i see lots of potential in CP2077 and much like what it does "behind the scene", too. You wanna earn money while at it, right? So please do what good old Luc did: find one good couturier and have him do good. Would be good for all parties involved.

Last edited:
Good post.

I've banged on about this also, given my interest in fashion, and shown off my combi of stock and NPC mod clothes for my 'V' in other threads. I've always thought it a weak point in most major game releases that clothing is so dumb. Female clothing in so many games, especially this one is just boring sportswear meets cast off military surplus, slightly adapted from the male wardrobe choices in a 'spare rib' dilution.

The same happened with games like Entropia Universe and Fallout, where everyone wanders around with the strangest 'thrift shop' clutter-mess of spandex shorts, combat vests and cowboy hats in lurid colours and garish boots worn with frayed jeans. It's as if no one ever bothers to put anyone with ANY fashion awareness at all on the design project for female clothing especially. We just end up with something that looks like it was taken from some scrap parts catalogue, a third world rescue parcel or 'construction site Barbie'

As you say, where is Jean Paul Gaultier with his outrageous 5th Element expression when you need him or Atsuko Kudo's stunning latex creations or ANYTHING remotely resembling what you might see in Fashion Week even today from Alexander McQueen, Balmain and all. As you say, here we supposedly are nearly 60 years in the future and it's as if the vast industry of women's fashion never was created.

The only saving grace at all is that mods are at least allowing us to purloin some of the basic NPC female wardrobe and holo clothes. I have previously asserted that clearly two different people were given the tasks of creating the in-game female wardrobe (both I suspect were men); the one who did the NPC had some modest talent and ability, the one who did V's wardrobe choices clearly did not. Either way it failed to look like the world in the adverts.

Yes, clothing design in a multi million dollar development of a game IS as important as it is in a major movie or a historical TV series. In such productions they bring in a big name to develop truly relevant fashion dreams. Think of 'The Draughtsman's Contract' or 'Les Liaisons D'angereuses'. Who can also forget the clothing in Blade Runner, from Pris, elegant Rachel, and all those trendy ladies in hats and veils in Taffy Lewis's bar in the 4th Sector and many others including Dune (the original not the pending 'grime' version). Yet where is that attention to fashion in Cyberpunk 2077?..

In games, they lavish vast levels of attention to detail on landscape design, vehicles, weapons and yet it seems avatar fashion is something that just gets cobbled together as an afterthought. The lack of vision and 'sense of place' is worrying, as if the game industry simply thinks that wardrobe design is a low priority and it probably just gets dumped on someone junior as the job no one wants.

Compare that to the glossy marketing CDPR adverts laden with glittering cyberpunk visions of 'kitsch' and 'neo-kitsch', slick corpo indulgent millionaires and their glamorous molls and razor sharp business women, and then you end up walking around looking like someone who dressed in a hurry from a dumpster on a dark night.

Last edited:
We need a trans mog system, BIS gear makes you look like a clown who never went to clown fashion school. and yes more options, the npcs dress better than the PC can :(

Fine example right here, we can't buy this but npcs wear it some pretty clothes lol.

photomode_02022021_160554.png

more sexy clothing options would be nice to i want to wear what the people are wearing at the place were judy is at and some of the npcs that i see walking around and in joytoy :)

I actually found it stupid that all of female V's shoes seemed to have at least a little heel while she was more of a tomboyish character imo. Not even talking about impracticability here... have you ever tried crouch-walking on heels? XD Ah well, but I get that some of you want to play more the femme fatale kind of merc, which is cool as well. Wish there would be a toggle for male/female version of clothing items. But apart from that I'm pretty fine with the clothing options - some additional hooded stuff would be nice, the head options are too limited.

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but it seems pretty clear to me that the vast majority of female V clothes are just resized male V clothes. The textures and folds of the clothes are designed to fit his model. Which is why most clothes look terrible on female V. The same is true in reverse, the female V clothes seem to exist for male V again with weird textures.

Imo in game are some really nice clothes for females, but the problem is find complete set of clothes which fits together ... at least this is something what I prefer much more on my second playthrough. Yesterday I moved to the city centre and repeatedly skipped 24 hours to reset clothing stores stock. I needed quite amount of time to get set of clothes which is nice looking AND which is also usable (have decent amount of slots) ... the biggest problem, which I solved just partially is clothing for head. And if you add to this random spawn of "quality" of items (rarity and amount of slots), then it doesn't have very satisfying result. I hope there will come (not only) some update to a way how crafting of items works. Because find of epic/legendary version of clothing which fits nicely to chosen outfit, but do not have any slot (and this cannot be changed, except if you reload game before picking thing) is imo really bad game design.

At least we should be able to "rerol" any item to resolve its stats and also slots (in match with your char lvl), and ideal would be possibility change "colours" or materials on clothing (via vendor?) to allow players build really nice looking outfits which fits together.

Last edited:
Good post.

I've banged on about this also, given my interest in fashion, and shown off my combi of stock and NPC mod clothes for my 'V' in other threads. I've always thought it a weak point in most major game releases that clothing is so dumb. Female clothing in so many games, especially this one is just boring sportswear meets cast off military surplus, slightly adapted from the male wardrobe choices in a 'spare rib' dilution.

The same happened with games like Entropia Universe and Fallout, where everyone wanders around with the strangest 'thrift shop' clutter-mess of spandex shorts, combat vests and cowboy hats in lurid colours and garish boots worn with frayed jeans. It's as if no one ever bothers to put anyone with ANY fashion awareness at all on the design project for female clothing especially. We just end up with something that looks like it was taken from some scrap parts catalogue, a third world rescue parcel or 'construction site Barbie'

As you say, where is Jean Paul Gaultier with his outrageous 5th Element expression when you need him or Atsuko Kudo's stunning latex creations or ANYTHING remotely resembling what you might see in Fashion Week even today from Alexander McQueen, Balmain and all. As you say, here we supposedly are nearly 60 years in the future and it's as if the vast industry of women's fashion never was created.

The only saving grace at all is that mods are at least allowing us to purloin some of the basic NPC female wardrobe and holo clothes. I have previously asserted that clearly two different people were given the tasks of creating the in-game female wardrobe (both I suspect were men); the one who did the NPC had some modest talent and ability, the one who did V's wardrobe choices clearly did not. Either way it failed to look like the world in the adverts.

Yes, clothing design in a multi million dollar development of a game IS as important as it is in a major movie or a historical TV series. In such productions they bring in a big name to develop truly relevant fashion dreams. Think of 'The Draughtsman's Contract' or 'Les Liaisons D'angereuses'. Who can also forget the clothing in Blade Runner, from Pris, elegant Rachel, and all those trendy ladies in hats and veils in Taffy Lewis's bar in the 4th Sector and many others including Dune (the original not the pending 'grime' version). Yet where is that attention to fashion in Cyberpunk 2077?..

In games, they lavish vast levels of attention to detail on landscape design, vehicles, weapons and yet it seems avatar fashion is something that just gets cobbled together as an afterthought. The lack of vision and 'sense of place' is worrying, as if the game industry simply thinks that wardrobe design is a low priority and it probably just gets dumped on someone junior as the job no one wants.

Compare that to the glossy marketing CDPR adverts laden with glittering cyberpunk visions of 'kitsch' and 'neo-kitsch', slick corpo indulgent millionaires and their glamorous molls and razor sharp business women, and then you end up walking around looking like someone who dressed in a hurry from a dumpster on a dark night.

fashion is subjective, what you think looks like trash others may like. Also some of the clothes isn't for fashion, but utility, or RP.
at the end of the day the only way they could have great fashion is by having great variety. But its a game, there's a resource budget for clothes. That said, if you look at everything that exists, there's usually something cool to come up with.

you just need patience and some searching, and you can have a very pretty dress, just search, look at my char in V section

the only complaint I have is with women's footwear.
I made a V bitchy type. There are skirts, tops, bustiers, jackets... but heels... oh my...
They are orthopedic and hideous but you see the NPCs wearing knee high heels boots and more fashioned footwear.

Lets be honest here, the glaringly obvious issue here is you can't transmog gear or add mod slots to clothing items much like you could in Witcher 3 .When you do the Oferi merchant quest, that system should have been in the game from day 1.

Even the poorest NPCs wear excusive clothes impossible to buy :ohstopit:

Also some quest clothing is taken from player after completing.. Like diving suit. Why?:eek: :D

I had some issues with this too, especially after seeing what Moxes are wearing in the game.

Designed my first V without knowing what sort of clothes are gonna be in the game. As a result, she looked weird.

Made the second one more "neutral", spammed 24 hours in clothes shops... Managed to get 2-3 OK sets, and then decided to go with a "lockdown shopping for groceries V" :ROFLMAO: Very 2020, not at all 2077.

the only complaint I have is with women's footwear.
I made a V bitchy type. There are skirts, tops, bustiers, jackets... but heels... oh my...
They are orthopedic and hideous but you see the NPCs wearing knee high heels boots and more fashioned footwear.

Yep, for me the white sneakers are the only way to go :shrug:

Top Bottom