First person mode

+
If you wish to decrease the sensitivity just modify those two values in the script:

Lower values = lower sensitivity.
And "floatyness" effect is caused by yaw auto reset which i force. It's not a perfect solution but it makes navigating much more intuitive. It makes mouse camera movement behave like standard FPS one instead of being closer to an analog stick tilt.
Crosshair toggle?

It doesnt work for me:/ I copied it to mods folder. Turn on Witcher 3. Type hookfp in the console, toogle off console, press P and nothing :/ How to make it work? I have W3 1.22 + HOS + BAW. No mods just console enabler + this 3rd person mod.

It doesnt work for me:/ I copied it to mods folder. Turn on Witcher 3. Type hookfp in the console, toogle off console, press P and nothing :/ How to make it work?
You probably didn't install correctly.

There's a folder you must place under DLC and two others under mods.

---------- Updated at 11:34 PM ----------

If you really need it off, you can just comment out:

on line 43
I figured I can just press HOME to toggle all of the HUD.

Ok, now I have put it to mods and DLC in proper way but i have an error:
"Error [content0]game\behavior_tree\tasks\monsters\bttaskmaintainspeed.ws(10): Class 'CBTTaskMaintainSpeed' already defined.
Error [content0]game\behavior_tree\tasks\monsters\bttaskmaintainspeed.ws(74): Class 'CBTTaskMaintainSpeedDef' already defined.
Error [content0]game\behavior_tree\tasks\reactions\bttaskisman.ws(4): Class 'CBTCondIsMan' already defined.
Error [content0]game\behavior_tree\tasks\reactions\bttaskisman.ws(15): Class 'CBTCondIsManDef' already defined."

edit:
fixed thx to http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1541/?

sadly fighting is broken, i cant dodhe left/right. would be nice to somehow unbind a and d from rotating camera and bind as strafe like in 3rd person

Last edited:
This is why we needed better modding support, but hey you did it without it, huge thanks to you.

If I may ask, don't you upload it on nexus?
Commendable efforts on his part, but it barely does work and is quite difficult to navigate with-

REDkit makes the difference between a hacky patchwork and a rock solid implementation.

-it is designed for standard movement, alternative is too fast
-the biggest problem is no strafing in this mode, to be viable long term this mod need to have possibility of strafing, now even dodging is impossible as for dodging you need to strafe, looks like some binding problems with binding rotating instead of strafing for WSAD
-mounting the horse forces you out of 1st person
-fighting is very limited because of no possibility of dodging :( a video of fighting on death march here: https://youtu.be/5RLRVGTuPXo you can see how boring it is when you cant strafe/dodge :(

Is it at all possible to Link the sensitivity of the camera to a float we can change in the ingame mod menu?

Guest 2364765

I'm sorry, but what do you mean. Beta version behaves exactly same as on that video. It's nearly impossible to make any substantial improvements in this regard and this is why I'm not going to officially support anything besides normal exploration. You can still fight if you so desire but it's not going to be enjoyable. It's exactly same as it was on the video you linked, so I don't really get your point here.

Is it at all possible to Link the sensitivity of the camera to a float we can change in the ingame mod menu?

Yes, that would be possible. However don't expect 1:1 ratio with 3rd person controls. My setup is completely built from ground up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I more meant that in the line of code with the sensitivity could you multiply it by a editable float that can be changed ingame. it wouldnt be flawless by any means but I believe the mod menu ingame could change the float variable ingame using a slider?

Guest 2364765

I more meant that in the line of code with the sensitivity could you multiply it by a editable float that can be changed ingame. it wouldnt be flawless by any means but I believe the mod menu ingame could change the float variable ingame using a slider?

Yes that's possible and i'll be including an option to tweak all of the settings ingame.

Yes that's possible and i'll be including an option to tweak all of the settings ingame.

Looking really cool so far, will be cool to see how it changes in the future.

---------- Updated at 08:23 PM ----------

I know it will never happen but i would have loved to see a full REDkit for TW3, Projects like this would be so much easier.

Are you going to keep ASD binded to rotate instead of strafe like in 3rd person or there are technical limits so it will not be possible? It is so strange when you rotate instead of strafe to left/right like in all games in last ~20 years... Imo with strafing + rotation only by mouse this mod would be awesome! Now you need to re learn the whole movement :(

Guest 2364765

Are you going to keep ASD binded to rotate instead of strafe like in 3rd person or there are technical limits so it will not be possible? It is so strange when you rotate instead of strafe to left/right like in all games in last ~20 years... Imo with strafing + rotation only by mouse this mod would be awesome! Now you need to re learn the whole movement :(
I wish i could do that but movement in Witcher 3 is a complex system that's spread between at least 3 or 4 different elements that work together.
Understanding and bending them to your will with current tools (and absolute lack of documentation) is nearly impossible.

pls bb i rlly wanna play with ur mod, do u know how can i install it without script compiling errors?

Top Bottom