First Witcher School?

+
A similar question was asked here: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...ed-created-the-witchers?p=2615851#post2615851

While we don't necessarily know which school was the first, we do kind of know who founded the witchers as a whole. A group of mages (most likely[/I ] including Malaspina and the eventually more well known Alzur) created the first witchers as a self evident attempt at creating super soldiers specially suited to fight monsters. I'll shoot out a guess here and say that the schools were probably designated to organize witchers by region and they may all be "the first". Hope this helps, and if anyone has anything that adds on to or corrects what I say, that'd be great!

Given that the mages were most likely Northerners, I think we can safely rule out the Viper and Manticore Schools. The Bear School is also probably unlikely. My guess is Wolf, Cat, or Griffin.

Woah...what? I thought they were crazy because of something being wrong with their mutation recipes. Do you remember where you read that?
Hmm, I've checked now. The novel says Brehen was banned from Kaer Morhen and they invented their name themselves, but nothing about offshooting from another school. It seems that my memory is failing, must re-read :p

Letho in TW2 said that the Viper School fell into ruin long ago which could possibly mean it was an old school or Nilfgaard's rise to power put the Vipers out of their job and forced the school into ruin, the Manticore School is described as to being in the east but could quite possibly be one of the first since there isn't too much information on them and the Bear School would've probably been a small school that fell into ruin within the first or second generation since Skelligans are far too ignorant and proud for witcher mutations.

I'd suspect Griffin to be the first however, possibly being located somewhere in-between the North and the South. The Wolf School couldn't possibly be the first since there's a painting of Witcher George (a Griffin witcher) in the Hall at Kaer Morhen (probably painted after he became famous to inspire young witchers).

This is just educated guessing until there's direct evidence though.

I think that the first witchers didn't have any particular school. First witchers could be trained in the caves near Kaer Morhen (one of them is accesible in TW3, according to Geralt the first Trials had been performed here). After a few generations, original Kaer Morhen inhabitants abandoned it (or died) for unknown reason - and then, those of witchers who obtained the fortress became Wolves, and those who remained faithful to the original idealistic principles of witchery became Griffins.

But this is my personal view only.

---------- Zaktualizowano 17:14 ----------

As for the Vipers - I think their seat was located in Stygga citadel, until Ebbing was annexed by the Empire in 1239.

Top Bottom