Fisstech and Salamanders brooches are now useless?

+
Fisstech and Salamanders brooches are now useless?

I give the fisstech to Jethro,but any more drug I give to him.he didn´t reveal any new piece of information.I have 5 fisstechs in my inventory.The other problem is Salamander brooches.After Leuvaarden bought 4 of them at a very high price and the messenger dissapeared,I don´t know what I have to do in Act II. Leuvaarden is not interested anymore so as Conrad.I invite him to drink,but he refuses.I have 2 Salamander brooches and after I deal with Ramsmeat,I will have probably much more.What I´m supposed to do with this pluses?

Yeah, pretty much. I accidentally upset the Messenger before I could sell him any... carried them around for the rest of the game (in the Inn storage towards the end of the game.)As for Fisstech I think you might still be able to sell it to merchants.

you can most definitely sell the fisstech :peace:
Not sure about other merchants, but the order armorer buys it, as does the murky waters blacksmith

I have a problem here too. I have 36 brooches in my inventory and nowhere to sell em. I cant find the messenger. He seems to have left the Hairy Inn. So, what am i to do with 36 brooches??

Ornec said:
I have a problem here too. I have 36 brooches in my inventory and nowhere to sell em. I cant find the messenger. He seems to have left the Hairy Inn. So, what am i to do with 36 brooches??
Is it still Chapter 2? And have you talked to the Messenger yet? If it's still Chapter 2 and you haven't yet talked to the Messenger, you may be at the Hairy Bear at the wrong time of day. He's usually there in the evening -- not during the day and not late at night -- so try back the next evening. If you have already talked to the Messenger, then you've missed your chance to sell the Salamander badges; the guy doesn't come back.Sometimes I acquire a badge or two after I've already met the Messenger. I look at it this way -- the Salamander badges are intrinsically worthless, anyway, so it's actually pretty reasonable not to be able to sell them.

I am at chapter III. But, i did a find when i was to kill some Wvyerns... there i found, i assume its the messenger, dead in the woods. Oh well.. no big deal. atleast now i know why he didnt come back in the evening :D

Ornec said:
I am at chapter III. But, i did a find when i was to kill some Wvyerns... there i found, i assume its the messenger, dead in the woods. Oh well.. no big deal. atleast now i know why he didnt come back in the evening :D
The one with the bloodstained note? He's a different messenger.If the one at the pub doesn't come back you might have threatened him or drank with him and got info about his boss, if you do that and he walks out the door near Rammsmeat/Coleman, say bye bye.

I concur, this is frustrating! They take up a great deal of inventory space, but I never wanted to get rid of them until I was sure they were not going to be worth something...

MR said:
MR said:
The one with the bloodstained note? He's a different messenger.If the one at the pub doesn't come back you might have threatened him or drank with him and got info about his boss, if you do that and he walks out the door near Rammsmeat/Coleman, say bye bye.
Yes, that one is a long lasting chewed messenger's corpse. Ask to Declan. Poor, poor messanger.....Anyway, there's some sense in selling no more brooches to anyone. I mean, who the hell could be interested in them but Leuvaarden? the guy is strange enough for me....

I found an odd salamander broach that was cut in half by a witcher sword and it put it up in the quest inventory...don't think I have used it for anything. Found it in chapter 2 does this come up later or have I missed something? Thanks!

zaldar said:
I found an odd salamander broach that was cut in half by a witcher sword and it put it up in the quest inventory...don't think I have used it for anything. Found it in chapter 2 does this come up later or have I missed something? Thanks!
Hiit's a clue regading the quest "Berengar's secret". If you read the journal, Geralt should have a new entry about that, saying that Berengae has been probably killed by Salamandra and he wonders why and how much Berengar is involved with the organization. Latest in the game, you'll find out more information about these things.But I don't want to spoil anything ;Denjoy

I'm confused by this too. The messenger didn't want to buy any salamander brooches either before I drank with him or after, and has now gone forever it seems. Leuvaarden buys 3 but no more. Disappointing.

Grumbold said:
I'm confused by this too. The messenger didn't want to buy any salamander brooches either before I drank with him or after, and has now gone forever it seems. Leuvaarden buys 3 but no more. Disappointing.
The Messenger won't buy any Salamander's brooch at all. He can only provide you "who" actually is paying for that. And yes, unfortunatly Leuvaarden is curiously interested in just three of them and no more. But there are more ways to make easy money in the game, such as playing dice, selling books and trophy quests.

The messanger will buy badges.Have one drink with him then give him something else and that will make the conversation start. When you out drink him he tells you about his "BOSS"I do this late in the chapter and keep 3 of em for the "BOSS" later.

The messenger will either buy them or not. It must be related to what you choose to say to him in the dialogue options or even may be related to how you do a certain quest. Because in one of my playthroughs I remember selling to him but in another I couldn't.

e-ahmet said:
The messenger will either buy them or not. It must be related to what you choose to say to him in the dialogue options or even may be related to how you do a certain quest. Because in one of my playthroughs I remember selling to him but in another I couldn't.
The dialogue option to sell them is hard to find. You have to invite the messenger to have a drink with you, then stop the conversation before the drinking game is through (I usually stop it before drinking anything at all) and exit the conversation completely. When you click on the messenger to re-start the conversation, THEN the option to sell them is there.Many characters have different conversational options the second time you talk to them. What makes this so hard when dealing with the messenger is that he disappears once you've done the drinking game with him and gotten the information about his boss, so there's a pretty short window between the first and second conversations that you have with him.

Top Bottom