For God sake, please add cheats

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah okay. Must have misread then. But don't worry, I'm sure there will be mod support for the game just like with the Witcher 3.
I really always felt that mod support for Witcher 3 did not go as far or as deep as it could have or should have. I just get this feeling that it could have been much more. I felt very underwhelmed by the mods that I was able to find after a very long time searching for them. A few of the mods were impressive, I vaguely remember, but there were just not that many, and few seemed to be compatible with each other. Also, I think I remember the mods I eventually tried being very uncomfortable and scary to install, and a certain much later playthrough I tried them on, they ended up crashing my game and corrupting my save file...

So yea, I know CDPR is not responsible in any way for that, since these are community made mods, but I would really appreciate it if CDPR made it so that Cyberpunk2077 is extremely easy to mod, and release very special in depth mod tools for the game. I'm also hoping that Cyberpunk is the type of game that has a build in dedicated /mods folder in the install folder and I hope installing a mod is as easy as extracting a file and just placing it into the mod folder.

I also have a lot of nostalgia for games that have built in cheats. I remember some games required secret button press combinations or finding a place to input the codes that was a secret, like putting the cheat codes down in a place that you can type, or just finding an object or location in the game and attacking a certain object at a certain angle. I like it when a game is made special by including special secrets, and the secrets are also hidden cheats. Maybe after finding them they unlock and they get added to your cheat menu so they stay saved there and can be enabled or disabled. It would be funny to have a flying car cheat and just drive around in the sky and park the car on the tallest building and turn the flying car cheat off, and then driving off and trying to land somehow, Or maybe a cheat that gives cars sticky wheels so that I can drive up the sides of tall buildings.

Whatever cheats are added, if any, I really hope that the cheats don't punish the player for being used. I never understood games that punish the player for using the cheats, it makes no sense. cheat punishments only seem to be there to satisfy the people that are angry that someone else is cheating in their own single player game, or because a dev wanted to include cheats, even though they don't like cheats and want the player to not have fun as a result of using the cheats, totally defeating the purpose of the cheats in the first place. I hope that there is no punishment at all for using cheats. Just a little sign that comes up that says "have fun!" that would be nice.

Last edited:
Too bad CDPR won't have the accessibility options that The Last of Us 2 has. While perfect for those that have disabilities that might prevent them from completely accessing and enjoying the game, for those without disabilities it's pretty much an unofficial cheat menu.

Please no cheats unless it's something funny like Hippo Stomp in the game Pharaoh by Impressions Games.

I miss those thick ass heat code books you could buy at school book fairs... Well, you're supposed to buy them. I didn't.😎

Too bad CDPR won't have the accessibility options that The Last of Us 2 has. While perfect for those that have disabilities that might prevent them from completely accessing and enjoying the game, for those without disabilities it's pretty much an unofficial cheat menu.
Please tell me more about these accessibility options? I never heard of this before?
Post automatically merged:

Please no cheats unless it's something funny like Hippo Stomp in the game Pharaoh by Impressions Games.
Why not? You don't actually have to use the cheat codes. Only people who like the cheats will enjoy them in their single player game. Can you help me better understand why you don't want others to have cheats? :shrug:
Post automatically merged:

I miss those thick ass heat code books you could buy at school book fairs... Well, you're supposed to buy them. I didn't.😎
I miss cheat guides too. Those things were cool. It always made me feel like a secret agent with secret intel that nobody else had. I was always like "dun dun dee dunnn DUN DUNN DUNNNNNNN..... dun dee dee dooo dun dunn dunnnnnnnnnnnn"
*enters cheat code or secret button press into game*
"Ba nana Ba nana Ba nana Ba nana DOOOOOOO DOOOOOOOOO DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAAAAAAA NAAAAAAAAAAA NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!"
It's such a great feeling when you would see the effects of the cheats in the game and just feel this amazing rush, this exhilaration, this boundless sense of freedom.

Last edited:
Please tell me more about these accessibility options? I never heard of this before?
If you go to the Accessibility menu in Options, you can mess around with things like enabling the High Contrast mode with a swipe of the touchpad to reveal any collectibles you might not be able to find. Or in the Audio Cues menu, you can give Ellie a sort of echolocation to point out enemies and items, or in Combat Accessibility, you can give yourself slow motion either by aiming or swiping the touchpad. There's more stuff like invisibility while prone, make it so enemies can't escape your grasp, make it so allies can't get grabbed, etc.

If you go to the Accessibility menu in Options, you can mess around with things like enabling the High Contrast mode with a swipe of the touchpad to reveal any collectibles you might not be able to find. Or in the Audio Cues menu, you can give Ellie a sort of echolocation to point out enemies and items, or in Combat Accessibility, you can give yourself slow motion either by aiming or swiping the touchpad. There's more stuff like invisibility while prone, make it so enemies can't escape your grasp, make it so allies can't get grabbed, etc.
I really like those accessibility features a lot and they would be a lot of fun to try in a game like Cyberpunk2077. I didn't play the game though, I just think those features seem really good. Thank you for explaining that to me, I would have never known :) (y)

Would be cool to be able to replay the game with our character, keeping his endgame level, skills, and money...
YES! I love this, and I have seen this implemented in more than just a few games in the past, often labeled as "New Game +", and very often you are able to keep 100% of everything, and continue on and keep all your inventory, weapons, clothing, skills, perks, points, everything, 100%. I really like it when this actually allows the player to fully level up 100% of all their points and skills and perks, allowing them to finally 100% unlock everything in the entire game on one character, all the best vehicles, clothing, weapons, armor, everything. It brings me an extremely deep and intense feeling of satisfaction and freedom. It's just so good.

I do not like games that for no reason at all block me from unlocking all skills/perks/levels on one character, because I know it's not actually necessary, and I know I am being limited for no reason at all. Often times I have heard the argument that this is to promote "replayability" but I know that when used in this context, "replayability" is just a buzzword and a pretty awful fake excuse, and my reasoning is this:

If the player needs to be forcibly limited and have things taken away from them or blocked or prevented from having fun in order to get them to come back and play again, this directly says to me that whoever made the game (not mentioning specific games in the past, like games that allowed you to go to the rim of the sky) does not have confidence in their games ability to entertain the player. If the player must be limited, to me this is evidence that the game is lacking to begin with.

On the other side, I would argue that Cyberpunk2077 is going to be an AMAZING EXCELLENT GAME, so therefor I am ALREADY intending to do multiple playthroughs of Cyberpunk2077, therefor I do not need, and do not want, to be limited in any way, under the false pretense of giving me an excuse to replay the game. I am already going to replay it, and I am confident that the game has enough content that I will want to keep on pressing that New Game + button, so therefor I do not want to be limited on my skills/points/perks/upgrades or anything for that matter. I want to keep leveling up over and over again, and unlock 100% of everything on one character.

Games that do not allow unlocking of 100% of everything on one character permanently disappoint me because even if I start a new game with a new character, I can unlock all of the things that I was blocked from unlocking before, but now I am blocked from unlocking everything that I previously, had, making me now trapped and blocked from unlocking 100% again, meaning that I can never unlock all the things I want on one character, which essentially makes me permanently quit that game and uninstall it and never look back.

I really hope that Cyberpunk2077 does not limit the player in any way, I just want to jump in and have tons of fun with nothing getting in my way. I want to have a great time and have tons of amazing fun challenges and earn my levels and perks and skills through playing hard and playing smart, good challenge, but not frustrating or unfair or artificial difficult or bullet sponges or just flat-out-cheating-AI. I want to earn and unlock everything and I never want to hit a level/skill/perk/upgrade cap that says "Sorry you can't have any more, for no reason" because that would totally ruin the game for me.

I hope others understand what I mean, I know we've all been there before, and known that feeling. :think:

Why need cheats when you have mods?

Cheats have limited possibilities, while mods have endless.

(In before: I play on a console)
Probably because when it comes to mods console players are left out because of companies likes Sony. I wouldn't mind if Sony wasn't so anal about mods tbh.

Probably because when it comes to mods console players are left out because of companies likes Sony. I wouldn't mind if Sony wasn't so anal about mods tbh.
I'm going to be playing on PC and I still want amazing modding support, but also cheats as well. It's always fun when you find a very rare video game that the devs actually like making fun cheats, and I'm always very curious to see what kind of amazing cheats they come up with. As wild and as funny and silly or just plain cool or as surprisingly interesting as possible. Lots and Lots of cool cheats. Sometimes, you just wanna go wild and do all kinds of fun things in the game. hand crafted cheats can be very special to a game. I hope Cyberpunk2077 ends up having a bigger and better modding community than minecraft (which was very big) but in order to do that, CDPR would have to eventually release some really special modding tools, and make modding as easy as dropping mod files into the "mods" folder of the game in the installation folder. Witcher 3 was not fun to use mods with, it was scary and tedious and frustrating.

Cheats on PC are crazy. You can not only equip your character with any weapon you want. you can max out all abilities from the beginning. Even before the mission with Jacky you can deliver over 1k dps with unlimited health. Warning after awhile it get boring because there is no challenge. But it is funny to see every threat rated as very low. but if you just want fun killing ghet the BA xing chong and max it out to 1577 dps. then any thing you hit blows up. With this you can stand in the middle of the street and take on the cops and win. they will spawn about 10 waves and then stop. But put your back to a will and blow up anything that come at you. It is fun for a while. but then i go back to grinding the game with no cheats. But having run missions over and over. Doing them legit are much easier because you know what is coming. after this I have found even on legit. the best method is to grind xp and skills before even leaving watson. There are plenty of places where the NPC respawn real fast. so you can kill them over and over again. raising your xp and rep.

Meh, it'd be fairly disappointing for mods then. Last I'd saw for Witcher 3 the modding was almost nonexistent compared to games like Fallout 1 or 2, Bethesda's games, Larian's games or even Halo PC.
TW3 have tons of mods on nexus.....

Of course I'm not saying no to mods but still people might prefer to write a text into dev console instead of downloading a save editor or a mod

With Cyber Engine Tweaks you gain possibility to run console commands, Simple Menu gives you shortcuts for the most obvious cheats with possibility to assign hotkeys for them. I personally really like to assign different outfits to hotkeys and change clothes from "street" to "stealth" with one button.

This was necroed from long before the game even released. Not much point in doing that when all of the content is outdated by several months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom