Forced sex in Cyberpunk

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Repeated abuse, yes. In general however, not so. The vast majority of this particular variety of sexual assault are carried out by young men around 18-25 years old. They actually tend to be 'one of the lads'. They don't necessarily have power, but they tend to enjoy 'gaining' and 'exherting' power over another person. The majority of these cases are also opportunistic.

But I have no compunction about taking them to the cleaners. It's a line that should never be crossed.

Yeah your right, the human traffic rings are run by young men between the ages of 18-25. my bad.

Most cases of rape in the real world .....

Ima stop you right there, because everything you say after that kind of devolves into nonsense...

Most rapes against women are committed by "regular guys".... the date rapists, the molesters of women passed out at parties, the ones who use coercion, or the ones who simply do not take no for an answer. If you are in a room full of guys, about every 5th one is a rapist, or would be if circumstances allowed it.

The idea of the stranger stalking the park waiting for lone young women is as much an overblown fear as the whole "creeepy dudes in white vans are the molesters" thing.

Like molestation, the vast majority of rapes are committed by people the victim knows and trusted on some level, and has to live with on a pretty regular basis. Class or office mates, boy friends, friends of the family, etc...

While the mustache twirling type of boss or cop who uses sex as a weapon does exist, it is a far less common occurrence then the guy all her friends told her was stand up who after a lovely dinner decided that no really means yes, and that anything short of screaming and yelling and fighting back is consent.

You were kindly asked by one of the moderators to go back on topic and start posting about video games. I hope this time the request is more visible and gets the message through.

The thread title is the problem.

To a certain extent I agree.

I'm going to lock this. The original topic is probably within the scope of the Romance thread, and if anyone wants to discuss the off-topic content, within the framework of the forum rules, you're welcome to do so in the Off-topic section.

PM me or gregski if you think there's a valid reason for this thread to stay open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom