FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only repeat what I said already in another thread:

I really don't see why first person is a problem. I play lots of first person games mixed with third person games, and I never felt one type is preferable above another. I feel very comfortable with both. I honestly don't get it why people are so outraged about it.

For example: Whatever you think about it, I have played lots of hours in "Elder Scrolls" games, and these games where first person with third person cut-scenes. So character creation still is very important in that kind of games. Also - I think sneaking (line of sight) and targeting is way more easy when in a first person perspective. So yeah... I don't mind Cyberpunk is first person perspective.

This is, of course, a personal opinion.

There are some people (myself) that get motion sickness/disorientation from 1st person.

At this point I won't be surprised if they add in a Battle royale mode or make the game always online since these are the popular things to do and they're already going for the GTA/CoD crowd. You were our only hope CDPR! You have failed us!!

To have the choice is the good deal (like Fallout or gta for exemple)
I understand that you need to have FP view for more immersive gameplay but i feel more into it when i see my character.
Its a custom character what is the point if you don't see it ?

This was the only design choice that upset me. Please give third person view as an option, preferably with a key to switch between on the fly. I only use first person when I need to snipe or sharpshoot, third person for everything else, especially melee. First person melee would be dreadful.

Please CD-Projekt give us at least the option, I would also pay extra for it. If it's only First Person I think I'm not buing it, no matter how good it is, I just can't stand playing an entire game like this looking thorugh a peephole

I am with CD Project on this. Seriously,would Skyrim or Fallout be less awesome if it had only first person view? Grow up people and stop whining about a game based on the freaking camera.

To people saying they aren't gonna buy this due to the first person camera,I think you should have never been interested in this game in the first place

bad games to really use for that, i always play skyrim and fallout in third person, i even played oblivion in third person as an archer even though it was terrible, played morrowind third person too as well

God damn... I get severe motion sickness when I play single player FP games. The only sp FPS i've been able to complete were the first Bioshock, Half-life 2 and first Modern Warfare, but just barely, only because I wanted to see the ending.

But god damn, this news is disappointing...

I, also, created an account just to respond to this.

I 100% prefer third person game play. Some FP games I just can't play for long because they will give me headaches or make me nausous. It's not always the case but I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to worry as far as this game is concerned. This has been my top "must have" game since you released the first trailer.

- - - - -
Edited to add: That the option to constantly see the character I've created, really adds to or makes the game for a lot of people, myself included.
- - - - -

Please, CDRP, give us an option. I know this opinion might be unpopular but I'd wait however many more years above whatever release date you guys are eyeing now, if it meant I had the choice of view point for my character upon release. Please consider changing your stance or adding this into the game as an option soon after release at least?

Last edited:
In what world restrain your character in a single view is acceptable in a rpg?... Not even walking around in third person... I think nobody of us were complaining if the game were switching in first person during gun fights... But being forced to first person all the time is just.... Forced... Expecially in a game like what they said you will have ton of customization.. that will be pointless since in the majority of the game your are forced in first person...

I really don't see why first person is a problem. I play lots of first person games mixed with third person games, and I never felt one type is preferable above another. I feel very comfortable with both. I honestly don't get it why people are so outraged about it.

For example: Whatever you think about it, I have played lots of hours in "Elder Scrolls" games, and these games where first person with third person cut-scenes. So character creation still is very important in that kind of games. Also - I think sneaking (line of sight) and targeting is way more easy when in a first person perspective. So yeah... I don't mind Cyberpunk is first person perspective.

This is, of course, a personal opinion.

I mean, have you been reading about what people are writing or what? I prefer first person myself but some players don't have the choice. They have motion sickness so they can't play this game if it's FPS only. This is far beyond only a preference or comfort per see.

Please give the option to have both perspectives. Arma, Bethesda games, a lot of games do that, even GTA V had an option to go FPP and that game is much more enjoyable to play TPP. A lot of people have motion sickness, and I have started getting headaches when I tried playing Battlefield 1. A lot of us need TPP in order to be able to play a game for more than 2 minutes.

TLDR (wasn't that long really): Motion sickness and ability of choice for customers. Please reconsider having both perspectives as option.

i am really sorry that we are here now with this news, I could swallow a lot of things, like fixed character and only 1 or 2 classes to pick, but this is too much

honestly its a deal breaker for me, I will not stop following the game but I wont preorder it either which I planned until now. i will wait for reviews and then decide

What FPP does to a game, it basicly turn it into a shooter, no matter what, we will have futuristic shooter with elements of rpg

and that transformation from FPP to TPP when you get in a car, I really dont know how it can look good, it will be primitive, this game will come out in 2019 or 2020, why would you make a game with primitive mechanics like that ??

Why there is no choice, I cant understand that one bit?? how can GTA 5 make possible to choose between TPP and FPP in 2015?? and they actually made it GOOD

I really don't see why first person is a problem. I play lots of first person games mixed with third person games, and I never felt one type is preferable above another.

I am with CD Project on this. Seriously,would Skyrim or Fallout be less awesome if it had only first person view? Grow up people and stop whining about a game based on the freaking camera.

To people saying they aren't gonna buy this due to the first person camera,I think you should have never been interested in this game in the first place

In case you have overlooked the many posts such as mine and the poll itself... there are 12% or so of us who get motionsickness from FPP games. FPP with no toggle means we cannot play, period, no matter how much we have wanted to or looked forward to it. Those like me aren't arguing personal preference. I wish I could play FPP games but I can't (without extreme discomfort).

Seeing the news today about the game being first person crushed me. The game sounds amazing even as a first person game but due to severe motion sickness this game is no longer an option. A simple toggle for some reason is enough to fix this like TES, Fallout, and GTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom