Game Freezes / Crashes When Trying to Exit / Quit to Desktop

+
Game Freezes / Crashes When Trying to Exit / Quit to Desktop

When trying to exit the game, clicking on Yes or No doesn't work, I needed to close the game through Task Manager. (This happen some times)

Attachments

• photo128570.jpg
    photo128570.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 250
Quitting the game - unresponsive

So I played a casual multiplayer game, after winning and checking the stats I clicked to leave the casual mode. Then i went to press Quit, I left the computer for about a minute and came back and I had probably forgotten to press "YES" on the "are you sure part". Anyway I kept trying to click YES but nothing kept happening. If I clicked anywhere outside of the YES component the game would register my clicks as if I was still trying to play the game and go through the menus though it wouldn't necessarily register when I clicked "QUIT" again, I ended up scrolling the menu to card builder and accidentally took out some cards from my deck. As I couldn't get this to work, I Ctrl+Alt+Del it.

Last edited:
Happened again. This was after the game started lagging quite a lot during a game and then the game had to end in defeat ha. I went to Quit and then wouldn't let me. In regards to the lag i think it's because I had Windows media Player running music, browser was still open and Spotify was open.

Game freezes/crashes when trying to exit to desktop

PC Specs:
Notebook Asus G75V
CPU: Intel Core i7 3630QM
RAM: 12GB DDR3
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 670M
Storage: Gwent installed on SSD.

Steps to reproduce the bug:
- When confirming wanting to quit the game, it freezes and doesn't close.

I just checked that this happens to me if i entered the deck builder or any other section of the game, if i just open the game and quit it, it works OK.

Game Freezes Upon Exit

When I quit the game I click on the first button which I believe is named 'quit' then I get the box asking me if I'm sure. I confirm that I'm certain.

Then the sound on the game stops, and the application seems to stop running, however the game itself is still open on my screen.

In order to actually get the game to close I have to go to my taskbar, right click, and select 'close window'.

That usually does it, but this time got the following message.

'The application is not responding. This program may respond again if you wait. Do you want to end this process?'

I also get the Windows prompt telling me that Gwent is not responding. I'm presented with the option to close the program or wait for it to respond.

Selection the option to 'close the program' closed the program.

Below are system specs.

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU
Intel Core i7 930 @ 2.80GHz 52 °C
Bloomfield 45nm Technology

RAM
9.00GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 533MHz (7-7-7-20)

Motherboard
Gateway FX6803 (CPU 1) 36 °C

Graphics
Generic Non-PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
ASUS VS228 (1920x1080@60Hz)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (PNY) 48 °C

Storage
465GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (SSD) 37 °C <--------GAME STORED HERE
465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKX-00ERMA0 (SATA) 34 °C

Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH60N
ATAPI BD O DH4O3S

Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

1.) Try a verify / repair through Galaxy. (Also, ensure Galaxy itself is up to date.)

2.) Install / repair redistributables that come wit the game (DirectX, Visual Studio, etc.)

3.) Update or re-install your video drivers ensuring you select the CLEAN installation option.

If that doesn't do it, then something else on your system is probably hooking the game's processes, like UAC, anti-virus, or the like. Let us know if the above clears it up!

Kalowg,

I didn't want to create another post when I seen someone posted something today with the same issue I had. The game Froze when I exited as well. I'm not 100% positive how to report a bug for this beta so I figured I'd check the forums. So sorry if adding my crash to your post is not cool (I'm not a forum user so I don't know if there is a rule book unwritten on posting no-no's). Here is a copy of the report I got from event viewer if the dev's want to decipher it.

(detail xml view, copy & Paiste sorry for bad indentions, Dreamweaver or any XML viewer should fix it).
- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Application Hang" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>101</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-05-25T17:26:33.047208300Z" />

<EventRecordID>21419</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>Chris2</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

- <EventData>
<Data>Gwent.exe</Data>

<Data>5.5.2.10711</Data>

<Data>61d8</Data>

<Data>01d2d5705b668a0f</Data>

<Data>10</Data>

<Data>I:\Gog\Gwent\Gwent.exe</Data>

<Data>3fc97265-cbcf-4aa0-ac3e-58829051ac14</Data>

<Data />

<Data />

<Binary>55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000</Binary>

</EventData>

</Event>

I'll try SigilFey's suggestions to see if a few of them work.. A few seem a little heavy handed, and not worth the trouble for a crash on exit (unless my data wasn't saved).

Thanks, I had a fun time playing over my lunch break!!

I'm sympathetic with that. Normally, unless there's a hang or some sort of weirdness that follows me into another program, I don't worry about exit-crashes either.

Gwent doesnt close, how it should

hello Gwent Devs, Moderators and Players,

I've just noticed that on my Windows 7 PC the Game doesnt close right. everytime when i close the game it stucks and than a few seconds later there comes this typical message show up with the message: The Game doesnt react. Well at the end I Always have to close it manuelly and now it should.
I just wanted to report this bug.

have fun and best wishes

Brenturo

I noticed that the freezing occurs when i run the game directly from the desktop shortcut. When i launch galaxy first and start the game from there, i can quit the game normally and then close the client.

Cannot close game properly

Each time when I`m trying to close game it`s simple crash and I`m forced to end process through task manager.

Top Bottom