Game Journalism - Unfit for purpose?

+

Game Journalism - Unfit for purpose?

• Total voters
Mighty Ben on his high horse as always...
https://archive.today/F7MFO

Also good to know that this judge likes to talk...

Last edited:
So on the topic of review embargoes, Kotaku is changing their policy, and WILL do the right thing?

In what way? Only concern I have about the Vox babies is how much they slag on CDPR when TW3 arrives. Other than that, a rotten dung pile not worth salvaging.

In what way? Only concern I have about the Vox babies is how much they slag on CDPR when TW3 arrives. Other than that, a rotten dung pile not worth salvaging.

They've said they won't agree in the future to a review embargo that still in place after a game launches. TB mentioned the fact in his video (and is saying the same thing). Erik Kain doesn't seem to share their cynicism that this is all about game publishers trying to conceal the fact that a game is crap, but this time I think he's wrong.

In more stilted silliness, you could read these professors talking about how CH Sommers "others" the SJW's by forcing them to be subjected to common sense and logic. Scroll down to Diana Pozo and Amanda Phillips to be treated to a comparison to the virgin/whore dichotomy, always a fun staple. Spoiler: It doesn't make much sense. Then the latter calling #notyourshield a "farce" and a ruse because we all know that only white men and a few old dried up white women agree with GG.
https://archive.today/544XQ

Amanda Phillips would also like to leverage GG in order to have a conversation about the "pathologies of particular white straight males." I bet you would, honey.

Kotaku isn't doing shit for their consumers. They are doing this for their own benefit since they gain the most views on reviews if they release em out early.

Right move by Kotaku, still wouldn't touch them with the shitty end of a ten foot bargepole though, bridges burned. In reality it'll just mean they get less reviews out, so they can spend more time talking about fucking melons.

Kotaku isn't doing shit for their consumers. They are doing this for their own benefit since they gain the most views on reviews if they release em out early.

Not gonna argue with that, because there's no way I'm going to defend Kotaku in ANY argument, but I think that in this case, their benefit and the consumers' benefit are aligned.

This isn't about GamerGate but it's very similar in tone to the accusations gamers and games are receiving about sexism, misogyny and so forth.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/13/7213819/your-bowling-shirt-is-holding-back-progress

Titled: "I don't care if you landed a spacecraft on a comet, your shirt is sexist and ostracizing"

I thought it was a parody at first. Apparently, it's... not? This scientist, interviewed about the Philae spacecraft, received heat for wearing "a bowling shirt covered in scantly clad caricatures of sexy women in provocative poses."

It's not that we didn't already that this phenomenon was beyond games. Gaming has been subject to the gender wars during GamerGate, and this is just another facet of it in a different field, in different media.

How fucking depressing. Mankind trying to unravel the meaning of life and the origins of the universe, while some fucking morons obsess about a small biological difference.

Edit: A shirt that the bloke recieved from a lady friend.

This isn't about GamerGate but it's very similar in tone to the accusations gamers and games are receiving about sexism, misogyny and so forth.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/13/7213819/your-bowling-shirt-is-holding-back-progress

Titled: "I don't care if you landed a spacecraft on a comet, your shirt is sexist and ostracizing"

I thought it was a parody at first. Apparently, it's... not? This scientist, interviewed about the Philae spacecraft, received heat for wearing "a bowling shirt covered in scantly clad caricatures of sexy women in provocative poses."

It's not that we didn't already that this phenomenon was beyond games. Gaming has been subject to the gender wars during GamerGate, and this is just another facet of it in a different field, in different media.

Yep, I was about to post this because the same damn thing plays out. Someone please tell this is not part of a larger culture war?

Top Bottom