Gamesave not loading

+
Hey everyone, i started playing the witcher a few days ago and have around 12 hours, today i wanted to play and starter the game, but i would jetzt get into the main menu with the "Continue" and "Load Game" options missing, only being able to start a new game. I looked at the game save and it was still there but wouldnt load.

Is there a way to force the game to load a certain game save? Or do i have to start over?

Quite weird :(
No mods?
Try to move your saves somewhere "safe", start a new playthrough, save as soon as you can when you get Geralt control and quit the game.
Verify if the save is well created and if the "continue" and "load save" appear.
If yes, copy one of the saves you want to load and place it in the save folder.
Then check if you're able to load this save or not.

No mods?
Try to move your saves somewhere "safe", start a new playthrough, save as soon as you can when you get Geralt control and quit the game.
Verify if the save is well created and if the "continue" and "load save" appear.
I will try that as soon as I am home
Post automatically merged:

No mods?
Ok so i tried this and noticed that there is data missing in the game dsaves file, which means over the last night everything that was in there just disappeared....

Last edited:
Ok so i tried this and noticed that there is data missing in the game dsaves file, which means over the last night everything that was in there just disappeared....
Might be a cloud sync issue :(
You're on which platform? Steam? GOG?

Edit : Just to be sure, you mean that your saves are gone? They're no longer in the save folder?

Last edited:
Might be a cloud sync issue :(
You're on which platform? Steam? GOG?

Edit : Just to be sure, you mean that your saves are gone? They're no longer in the save folder?
Yes, the saves are gone. I have no idea how this happened...the files are gone, there is nothing in the steam cloud and a recovery program somehow found a file from 2017 (when I originally bought the game but only played for 20 minutes).

I am completely clueless how this happened...it's just gone..

Yes, the saves are gone. I have no idea how this happened...the files are gone, there is nothing in the steam cloud and a recovery program somehow found a file from 2017 (when I originally bought the game but only played for 20 minutes).

I am completely clueless how this happened...it's just gone..
Sadly, I think it's a cloud sync issue (it's for your saves to be removed, outside of remove them yourself). For some reason, there was no save in the cloud, it decided to sync and remove your local saves.
You're not the first and certainly not the last to whom this happens on Steam (as far as I know, no issue on GOG), so if you don't really use it, I suggest to disable cloud sync (or backup your saves somewhere else regularely).

Top Bottom