Gender-free Romance Petition

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you assume every lesbian goes up to people and says this? That everyone who is queer openly comes out about that to anybody that's in proximity or tried to hit on them? Do you think people haven't tried to make a move do someone with the opposite sexuality preference than them? Welcome to real life, this happens literally every day. A person has ZERO obligation to share their sexuality with anyone, or even tell the truth about it.
In reality no, but in a game with many ways it can let players know to not be led down a garden path, because >> RPG, It's more than possible I'm fairly certain.

The romance candidates in this game are shit, anyway. River the straight man, Kerry the gay man, Panam the straight woman, Judy the gay woman and Meredith the bisexual who is more like a one-time joytoy. It's a checklist I never bought into.

Give me a harem ending with Us Cracks instead. That's something I can get behind.

Ironically because the source cod was already there just had to be switched on, one persona even pointed out that it states in the code as just, player instead of female_player or Male_player,

Your missing my point entirely, Your looking at this as if it was reality, this is a game of choice, romancing is part of that and when there's no direct confirmation on game characters with regards to sexuality this can only lead the player to conclude this is an option and with no way of knowing how a story will end the player can only run on said assumption unless told otherwise, But instead the scenario plays out the same with the only change at the end, This means when you create your experience be it male or female your being directed differently solely off the gender you chose and this is only apparent at the end, to further conclude no matter what the prior hints, tells or indirect ways it skirts around it, If it never does eventually confirm before the option to romance is suggested, the player can only be left with a level of assumption, I'm coming at this from a gameplay point of view and the writing falls short here to take male V into account, But the issue here is i'm trying to explain my perspective with a majority still with an inward perspective on the subject thus I'm literally banging my head against a wall trying to find anyone willing to put personal feelings aside and look at this from a game-logic standpoint, It's flawed.
I think we see your point, but we are trying to explain to you that you seem to be missing the in game tells that are there.

Unless what the core of what you are saying is.

1. You created a male V.
2. Assumed Judy's sexuality was Straight or Bi female.
3. Was unable to read the tells or signs during your interactions with Judy.
4. Was disappointed when you finally found out otherwise.

You can change the order of 1 or 2, but I hope that makes sense. That is what I see as your conflict..
As far as the point I think you are trying to make is.

1. The game should explain during character creation what a given Vs romance options will be.
2. Choosing incorrectly was disappointing to the experience you expected in game.

If you are saying something other than that, please elaborate. Keep in mind "not agreeing with someone's point" is not the same as "not understanding someone's point."

Cheers Chooms.

For me on rpg game, everyone must be gender free if we have not too many options, but it's really not important anymore, why people still talking about this i can't understand.

CDPR made a choice, and they want it like this, i don't like, maybe you too, but we need to respect that, they not gonna change it.

I can understand you, Judy and Panam really well written character, they can't be in real world, at least we have games like this, but even in the game we have gender barrier.

I can understand others too, i can empathize. They see great design characters with same own sexual preferences, and they are happy with that.

Nexusmods already find a thing for this. Everything works same, so no need to argue with this subject anymore. Respect everyone.

@Draedark

1 Yes I created a Male V
2 Didn't assume Judy's sexuality was straight but I will admit I felt the game left it open to suggest she could be Bi given the end mission had a more romantic setting applied.
3. If you have ever been with a woman who plays mind games and one who is also Bi you will understand, believe me I dated one.
4. Let's be real who wouldn't be disappointed it's Judy?

The writing made room for conflict as I feel Male V wasn't considered for the scenario ending.

2: I felt my choice didn't matter at the end as it was decided for me last moment and was poorly handled from a consistency standpoint.

@Draedark

1 Yes I created a Male V
2 Didn't assume Judy's sexuality was straight but I will admit I felt the game left it open to suggest she could be Bi given the end mission had a more romantic setting applied.
3. If you have ever been with a woman who plays mind games and one who is also Bi you will understand, believe me I dated one.

The writing made room for conflict as I feel Male V wasn't considered for the scenario ending.

2: I felt my choice didn't matter at the end as it was decided for me last moment and was poorly handled from a consistency standpoint.
Thanks for the reply, so it would seem I am not missing the point but perhaps did miss an important aspect.

Did you go into the game for this specific playthrough:

1. Knowing about Judy (but not necessarily her preferences) with the intent to romance her.
or
2. Knowing very little about Judy and was indifferent to romancing her before meeting her in game.
or
3. Something else.

Cheers Chooms.

The romance candidates in this game are shit, anyway. River the straight man, Kerry the gay man, Panam the straight woman, Judy the gay woman and Meredith the bisexual who is more like a one-time joytoy. It's a checklist I never bought into.

Give me a harem ending with Us Cracks instead. That's something I can get behind.
Well with Meredith it was one time for other reasons <,<

Well with Meredith it was one time for other reasons <,<
I didn't even get to that, lol. Took her offer, paid for the bot with her cash (at least, I attempted, until I felt I was about to get cheated and decided to kill all the goons, instead), and the next I hear, she's been disposed of.

Thanks for the reply, so it would seem I am not missing the point but perhaps did miss an important aspect.

Did you go into the game for this specific playthrough:

1. Knowing about Judy (but not necessarily her preferences) with the intent to romance her.
or
2. Knowing very little about Judy and was indifferent to romancing her before meeting her in game.
or
3. Something else.

Cheers Chooms.
1: I went into this game knowing zero on Judy, I had this game in my mind since the first trailer way back in the day and only pre-ordered the collectors edition after the on stage reveal at E3, So all my experience was purely based on my mission time with Judy and connecting to that said character in general, she makes BD's, I create 3d assets, She's bit edgy, I'm old skool punk type a guy, plus the tech side made it hook more.

2: Romancing was actually the least interesting thing about this game as I was more interested in flying cars and becoming part machine but didn't get that either.

What I experienced was a feeling in gaming that I never expected, genuine interest in the journey done via judy and V and I assumed it brought them together, like two souls lost but found each other through tragedy and loss, unfortunately not for me at least I just got the errrm here's my apartment don't forget to feed the fish, cya. -_-

So yes for me It was underwhelming from a writing and consistency standpoint.

Last edited:
I didn't know anything about the game. But I knew Judy was a lesbian. Just because of how hard she cared about Eve. It was obvious at that point. I was interested in the romances. Soley for the game mechanic aspect they would bring. But I also want a logical story. But the game failed on both sides. The romance triggers and denies are incorrectly implemented. And there is no game mechanic for them. You can't even have sex with them over and over. So I was disappointed every way.

They basically did the reverse of Saints Row's system. You could romance everyone. But that was just a single throw away moment. While you can call them to join you during missions. If you do their loyalty mission. You got access to their super forms. Which help out even better in missions. That's a game mechanic. It hurts more with Judy. Judy entered combat with you, to find Eve. When V is at the end. Judy's like Nah, you're my GF. But I ain't helping you in the final fight. Cares more about Eve than V.

Last edited:

Actually Judy is bad for V's health.

Much has been said about Johnny trying to get V to smoke and how Johnny quits if he gets V's body. Yet here you are where Judy basically had quit, takes smoking back up and then forces V to start smoking.

Actually Judy is bad for V's health.

Much has been said about Johnny trying to get V to smoke and how Johnny quits if he gets V's body. Yet here you are where Judy basically had quit, takes smoking back up and then forces V to start smoking.

I kinda chuckled as I started reading this because my uncle used to say the best things in life can also kill you, He loved his Gin. 😂

@Draedark

1 Yes I created a Male V

I felt this too, there was literally a sharp drop. For both male and female V, scenes are same until pisces particular ending. But a girl calling you to do stuff which she didnt asked anyone else(In Judy's case she has no one left to trust), but later friendzoning you. Lmao thats the most realistic thing happened to me in game. :LOL:
My guess is Judy's story was pretty well threaded, maybe at one point she was the only romance option(or maybe Kerry too) and cdpr later added others like they later changed male v can have female voice and vice versa. And for that they changed/added romance option.
I said this because I didnt felt much with River or Panam(maybe they were added at later point).
And irrespective of romance I am disappointed about the ending is based on gender, like female V cant romance Panam but you can go with her co, but for male V, they could have added same with Judy like she cares about V, no denying in that, she may leave with us as she was ditching city.
Edit: Even if cdpr might have made her romanceable with male V at one point, they will always say it was artistic vision from start. They will not admit stuff they scraped out which was not shown in gameplay trailer.
Post automatically merged:

No matter if you can use male lines bc of a "code", Judy's preferences are clear. And the game recognizes you as a woman when you romance her. Literally Carol calls you a girl.
Just adding one more point to this. I used mod, Judy told me "You have got talent, Girl".
@WildOrchid
Interesting fact she has some different lines in one scene for male V which can be unlocked only using mod. (not gonna say here it will just fuel the force that is going against Jude.)

Last edited:
Here, FB groups, and other forums have a lot of post about romance this and that. Is it that serious?

The game is scripted the way the developers wanted. I don’t see anyone complaining when a male V can’t romance a male NPC, or can he?

There is also a lot of other big title RPG with fewer or no romance options. You know why, because it wasn’t in the script. Might as well complain about why those developers didn’t let you have the options.

Maybe work on personal development and try to “romance” in reality. It will be much more worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom