Geralt HairWorks Colors and Styles - Real Hair problem

+
Geralt HairWorks Colors and Styles - Real Hair problem

The problem is there is a slight color mismatch on the left side of his head. It's gray, when the rest of his hair is white. Any solution?

---------- Updated at 04:26 PM ----------

EDIT: The color mismatch still is even with all mods disabled. What's going on?!

---------- Updated at 04:58 PM ----------

Also, the Weathered Face mod doesn't work during cutscenes.

---------- Updated at 05:03 PM ----------

Instead of browsing this thread, could you maybe... I don't know... HELP ME?

What were the comments? Any help in them? Because I like HairWorks, I have an excellent GPU and I don't want to waste it.

Can you post a pic of the "gray blob"? Perhaps that can help anyone reading the thread troubleshoot.
FYI Geralt's hair in the game is not 100% white. It's a mix of white and gray shades.

Attachments

• The Witcher 3 10.22.2016 - 13.59.42.01.jpg
    The Witcher 3 10.22.2016 - 13.59.42.01.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 248
I don't use any increased hair density mod. Even with all mods disabled, the problem still remains. And there's no solution? Really?

It doesn't look like a problem to me. That's his hair. Can you find HairWorks pictures where you see it as you feel it should be?
(preferably using the same or similar angle if possible)

Well, 2 things.
1 - he didn't look like that.
2 - the gray blob is not only gray, it's also flat compared to the fluffy surface surrounding it.

About other pics - can't find any similiar. You could launch the game and see it yourself with all HairWorks on max.

I don't use any increased hair density mod. Even with all mods disabled, the problem still remains. And there's no solution? Really?

The real hair variant of that mod increases hair density, a side effect of which is the "grey blob". I've not seen it on vanilla or at least I don't remember seeing it.

Already told you there is no solution with or without the mod.

You are clearly using the mod on the picture you posted.

Here's vanilla (real hair deleted, only real beard left).View attachment 79061

Ah, I see. It looks like you have two different versions of the crown hair files there, one and the other together on his head causing an "overlapping" effect.
Either that, or two versions using two different tweaked settings. (It could also be part of the "Bangs" HW which I believe overlap that area.)
I'll check my game to see what it should look like from the same angle.

Last edited:
Mezziaz - No, not at all.
linaswas_001 - I see that that sarcasm was too hard for you to handle it.
Dahlialynn - Yeah, seems like it. Doesn't this bother you?

Dahlialynn - Yeah, seems like it. Doesn't this bother you?

The pic I posted is Vanilla Hairworks for the Shaved option, and you can clearly see some hair overlapping in there as well.

In your pic the strand density may be pumped up, or perhaps it's just a difference in lighting, but in both pics you can see there is a mild issue.

If you want to be sure you're using Vanilla hair, the obvious recommendation would be removing and reinstalling the game without any mods.

If you have an issue with Vanilla hair, that's an entirely different story.

To answer your question, does what I have in my pic bother me? Not really.

Last edited:
Top Bottom