Geralt should have a horse with a name that is his companion throughout the game

+
Geralt should have a horse with a name that is his companion throughout the game

I really think that the idea that you just grab a horse and ride it, which has been used in a lot of games, is unattractive and poor. I wish CD Projekt Red realizes that and give Geralt a horse with a name that is your companion throughout the game. They can make the horse follow you around while keeping its distance while Geralt is exploring the nature and stabled when you enter cities. When you whistle, the horse runs toward Geralt and then you can ride it. This way you get attached to the horse and an emotional bond would form. They can give the horse a name and even characteristics. Plus they can add stuff to the game based on this idea, like your horse gets stolen and you have to find it or horse riding tournaments and so on. It is also more realistic than just grabbing a random horse and riding it.

If I take book inspiration, it would be good. He never gets rid of his horse (easily). But the most important thing is name of that horse. Other things are relative :)

'Whistle' and following is not the best idea for me. I would prefer troublesome seeking for horses - very hard way to steal them, guarding them, high price of them and maybe chance to upgrade them (again 'high' cost - armor, saddle, maybe some mutagenes :D ). So player himself will be motivated to stay with one horse isted of sticking horse down to Geralt ;) ..

There were countless horses named Roach. Tbh the horse accumulation aspect bothers me little, Im just glad they chose to implement horses.

There should be no ability to name the horse, it should be Roach. Personally I think we should have to tie it to a post, tree, etc. and not whistle for it to come to us.

Whistling for our horse is definitely one of the compromises I can live with. It worked well in Red Dead Redemption and I see no point in adding tedious mechanics like necessity of tying the horse to a post, tree etc, guarding it so we don't lose it.

There will be horses in the game, but they will serve just as means of travel through the vast world, nothing else.

"You know what? We should also give my elvish mare a name. Hmmm...”
“How about Roach?”
“Roach. Very nice.”
“Geralt?”
“Tell me.”
“Have you ever had a horse called Roach?”
“No.”

Top Bottom