Geralt's look... always updated with new appearances

+
And this is the very reason why i updated my first post with such informations so none of this aimless bickering will occur where 1 or 2 are misguided by the old info. Nothing much more i can do to increase the awareness though. Ive even highlighted to read the 1st post in the thread title but alas, some do not. Best advice is if you guys not argue with those who do not know about the update, but instead link them to the first post.
Brag said:
At least it's entertaining to watch.
Well i do admit, its kinda entertaining though. lol! At least it shows the number of fans, even some who make their first few posts just to share their feelings. Kinda makes me feel good knowing that The Witcher is such a awesome game that really got a lot of folks loving it because its so unique and a tribute to games of old rather than casual gamers. CD Projekt can never be thanked enough. That said, THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN CD PROJEKT LOL!

susi2 said:
susi2 said:
So isn't this discussion "Geralt's new look. Voice and share your opinions guys"?OK.My opinion,so as many others,and the DrogDrog's opinion is,that we don't like the new look of Geralt.This is no discussion for mods or something else... ;)
Fine I give up! So pray that they redesign Geralt until the release or dont buy the game whatever! Just consider the first post on this thread:2ND UPDATE 29/3/10 : FELLAS PLEASE REALISE BEFORE YOU VENT YOUR FRUSTRATION REGARDING THE TRAILER, THAT THIS ARTICLE HAS GROWN AND BEEN ADDRESSED VERY FAR, SINCE WE FIRST CHANCED UPON THE TRAILER. FOR THOSE ABOUT TO POST, THIS IS THE LATEST STATUS :GERALT FROM THE TRAILER, IS JUST A EARLY BUILD! THE DEVELOPERS HAVE ADDRESSED OUR CORCERNS AND FROM DISCUSSIONS, THE FOLLOWING PICTURE IS MORE TOWARD WHAT THEY ARE GEARING GERALT TO LOOK LIKESo for those about to post, while it is an incredible task to ask you to browse through all the pages in the thread to keep up-to-date with the discussions, at least take this update as a consideration of where to discussion has led to. This is to avoid any unnecessary continously repetitive comments on an outdated point of the discussion. Thank you fellas for reading this before posting.
Sorry,maybe I was too mad about this look from the picture,and the comments,that I forgot this.Yes,this is not the final look,but if we don't say our opinion,then CDPR won't know what they should do

Brag said:
Are people really this irritated that they try to improve his appearance?
Some have threatened that they won't buy the game if they don't change the face.

koomshiqta said:
Sorry,maybe I was too mad about this look from the picture,and the comments,that I forgot this.Yes,this is not the final look,but if we don't say our opinion,then CDPR won't know what they should do
Thank you, this is much better guys. Good to see that things clear up a bit.

Pluum said:
Pluum said:
Are people really this irritated that they try to improve his appearance?
Some have threatened that they won't buy the game if they don't change the face.
As I said, threats like that are more common than you think. Developers see them constantly. It's impossible to keep everyone satisfied.

DrogDrog said:
" Really sorry for my english, but i still hope you understand if you want. I read all Sapkowski book, and im big fan wither 1 too, so thing is, Red studio give me Gerald, and i really " fall in love" to that Geralt ? Why i must now take fake Gerald ? " Hi DrogDrog, First off I like to say, Don't feel the need to say sorry for your English, you are who you are, and I'm from over here in Canada and I understood what you are saying, even if it isn't written the way other people THINK it should look. My other reason for this post is to obtain some insight from you, seeing how you said you have read all of Sapkowskis' books. I can only find two books so far over here, " Blood Elves" and " The Last Wish " in English. I'm more curious however of how you imagined " Geralt Of Rivia " In the context of just reading the books. Forget for the moment, the game and all the trailers, and pics you have seen. Exactly, how did you imagine him while you read these books? If it would be any easier to answer this question, I will re-phrase....... When you began your first TW1 game, did Geralt appear to look how you imagined him from reading the books? Cheers! Robert

susi2 said:
susi2 said:
susi2 said:
susi2 said:
susi2 said:
Okay ! It's GO TIME ! !Explain me what makes such a HUUUUUGE difference between one and the other that makes him looks like a "gay run-of-the-mill hollywood star" ?
Hmmm..On the first one is Geralt of Rivia,but on the second,i don't know this guy...sorry :)
Really get a grip. You sound dumber then a 2 year old who doesn`t accept a slightly different looking toy after he droped the old toy in the dirt. I guess the designers got it by now. You hate the character model and won`t buy the game unless they change it. Didn`t they say that it would cost them too much time and money to change it completely as all the facial expressions in the game and the videos have been based on the new face? Is it that what you want? Delay the game even further and increase the budget even more? And who told you that the character in the first picture is Geralt? If he was the hero or villain of another game you would have accepted that just as well. He is Geralt because he was used in the first game and I dare to claim that EVERY character model they would have used in the first game for Geralt would have been Geralt for you. You obviously don`t read too many books do you? Guess what everyone enjoyed the Witcher book series also I would guess if you let people draw Geralt his looks would vary too.
My apologies, maybe i sound like child, but thats becose i dont speak and write too much english, anyway, i have my opinion, so for you example: Your mommy give you toy, you have that toy few year and you love that toy ... after that your mommy take out old toy, and buy you new toy with different colour and diferent option - is new, yeah, but i dislike it: " mommy why you do that ? Why you take away that gift ? Why you give me that gift, when now, you tak away, and try give me that similar thing and say: that is better for you my son ? " Thats a point. Really sorry for my english, but i still hope you understand if you want. I read all Sapkowski book, and im big fan wither 1 too, so thing is, Red studio give me Gerald, and i really " fall in love" to that Geralt ? Why i must now take fake Gerald ?
Grrr why do you even quote my post if you ingore 90% of it? If your English isnt good enough you could just use the google translator. I tell you what my English isn`t great either but that doesn`t stop me from realising that you are simply stubborn. Arguments are completely lost on you. If you can`t accept change why don`t you stick to the first game? Or design your own mod.
Ok better example for you: I read book, and in my head i imaginate how Geralt looks like... After few year i finally can play Witcher 1, and of course Geralt dont be like Geralt in my head, but despite, i be for 100 % happy becose Geralt face and his line be famous and convincing, so i accustomed to that. Point is, if first Geralt dont look so famous, i dont care how look like now, but first Geralt be cool, have style, and i dont wont miss him. If Geralt look in first game bad or like now, i really can accept change, but first Geralt be excellent, and i accustomed, so that is reason why is Geralt for me so important - why change something what is excellent and for 100 % functional. So if you still dont understand point for you is - lath is to much high, and new Geralt dont have change ( if dont would be, i dont try write my opinion here to official forum )And about mode .... I dont believe that someone can do Old Geralt so good, how red studio can. Thats not so much easy, old Geralt have amazing, cool and complicate face.

Demut said:
And what exactly is that unnecessarily long post of yours supposed to tell us, Robert?
Hi Demut, If you thought that my previous post was unnecessarily long you should see a few of my other posts LOL. And honestly I wasen't trying to tell anyone anything. However in retrospect if someone reads it and it makes them think about what they may say to others and learns something about themselves, hey it's all good. However I believe I posted it to DrogDrog and not the forum as a whole, as I inquired as to his thoughts, and not those of the people in this thread. I will be honest with you however and say it partially due to a comment made by Susi2,Quote: " If your English isn't good enough, you could just use the Google translator. " A very rude an un-feeling thing to say to someone, in which English is not there original language. The english used was definitely clear enough to understand to make that comment in the first place. No Harm No Foul.... Cheers! Robert

To Robert: I imaginate inteligence man with character, heart, and with wisdom look in face, so is not important how different he look like, but important is that red studio give as face which have that character feature, and red studio do that really cool, and we adept to that. Now they want give as strange man. Why do change when everything is ok ? Why change original thing for new thing ? I really dont understand ...

Pluum said:
Yeah but when people will actually see Geralt in game they would be saying :"What the hell is this ? He looks so out of the place like some kind of freak"" Oh god they can't even make a proper model I got tired of the old Geralt""Geralt looks definetly weird compared to others.His chin, his body etc. the immersion will surely suffer" I hope CDP RED don't spend a lot of time on the forum reading posts of the others beacuse people never know what they want, I hope they just do evrything their way .
I know I will be one of them that will complain if Geralt's animation looks bad compared to the other side characters. :p

Robert, what the heck? You just quoted his whole post and marked two sentences. That doesn't make sense. And without writing anything I doubt it's very clear what you mean, especially if DrogDrog is supposed to get it.Oh and if anyone else quotes another mile-long quote-series I'm going to get angry.

If we are not happy with Gerald’s look then there is no game.The only reason I loved TW was because of Geralt, the witcher.I only got in to this game when I played the demo and what inspired me was Geralt, after playing a few hours of the demo I ordered the game online.For me The Witcher is Geralt and without him there is no game.If TW2 provides a different Geralt with completely different moves voice looks and all the rest then it will be like a new game and nothing to do with the original game.I will say this one more time, the game for me is Geralt, if the Geralt of TW2 is not the same or an improved version of TW then there is no game for me.

OK, I am sure we all got that :DBut you know, if you feel so stongly about that, why dont you start a petiton in another thead..? I mean, hammering the same argument here wont take you anywhere, specially with the Devs. But if you acutally could make some thousands of people to sign a petition... MAYBE they will.

Jackinthegreen said:
OK, I am sure we all got that :DBut you know, if you feel so stongly about that, why dont you start a petiton in another thead..? I mean, hammering the same argument here wont take you anywhere, specially with the Devs. But if you acutally could make some thousands of people to sign a petition... MAYBE they will.
And if you don’t like what I write you don’t have to read it.

Top Bottom