Geralt's younger face

+
His younger face wasn't bad. I was okay with it until I saw the magnificent beast he is today. I honestly think this is, and always should be the look for Geralt. They nailed it.

secondchildren said:
Yes

:D
there used to be this loooong thread here, talking about Geralt's appearances and look...... tons of complaints, tons of angry fans...... hell, I remember nothign but just hell in the pre releasing period :)

Eventually, a few days before the releasing, there was this stresming interview with Tomasz Gop and Trevor Longino, explaining that:
1. Geralt's face has been changed both ingame and in the cover and why (Gop said: we listened to our fans and we changed Geralt's face...")
2. You could actually play the game with k+m, without needing controller
3. a few other nicies

This basically becoz after one of the previous conference (still W2 was on alpha test) people watched a dev holding a controller in front of an audience and they shouted disgusted "eek! CDP! you betrayed us! So it's true! You're making it for console! It's insane! You're liars!" (and in case you're wondering, no, I'm not joking).

This is (part of) the story of how W2 is born.

Never thought i'd say this, but thank frak for the angry fans. His face is absolutely spot on at the moment.

The old face just didn't look like geralt. You can't have one game then have a sequel where the protagonist suddenly becomes younger by 50 years.

Thanks for the links and other responses, i see what most of you mean that his current appearance fits the game and story really well.

I loved the first version as he looks much more eastern European than some of the pretty-boyish angsty twenty something in some of the pre-release pics for TW2, as in actually seeing him in-game, I'm glad they made him look like a forty-something that looks like he's been in plenty of bar-brawls. If only he looked like my avatar, though...

Top Bottom