Girls Chamber

+
Hey girls (( and the guys that are here :p )) been gone for a while...i am reading the witcher books!! accually finished 2 :) they are so very nice... too bad the next book will still take a while to come out in english =x

How is everyone doing?

Hey Myari, good to see you again, how are you?

As for the books: http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/20967-our-community-fan-translations/

Oh, this is too much, this is another proof of the discrimination beteen men and women! Enough!

"Would make people think twice before they go and interrupt his personal quest with their political crap."

"Bearded Geralt is the stuff of legends."

"It does bring out the wolf in him more."

Of course, when a man grows a beard he's "awsome", he looks like "an angry wolf" and other nonsense like that. If a woman doen't shave her legs, she's a lesbian.

:p

Cassandra31EEE said:
If a woman doen't shave her legs, she's a lesbian.
Oh, that puts another spin on "You'll never have a boyfriend if you keep your legs like that!" Some say it keeps boyfriends away, I say it keeps douchebags away. No lesbians attracted so far, though

Hey, / who put -1 to wisielec? We 're joking here! ( edit: OK, now it's correct. )

wisielec said:
what bit you woman? lol ;]
Nothing. I just didn't want to spam in the topic for the hairy Geralt. />
(But the thought was real: a man is attractive even when he's tired, haven't shaved or his hair is standing like he's electrocuded. A woman must be - and smell - like a flower to make a good impression. And that's unfair. )

Could I answer, although I'm not a girl? :p
Yeah, that's very unfair: to be honest, at least in my own opinion, what people have in their "heart" is much more important than how well are shaven their legs or faces. It's very sad to think to be able to make a good impression on the society only with our "surface".

Said that, and returning on a joking mood, although Geralt has the right to let grow his beard, I'd rather the old model (but I'm not a girl, so I'm not able to say if he is more charming or not :p)

Question for you ladies: did u hear about the DEAD ISLAND bust controversy? Whats your take, do you find it offensive? Is is sexist? Is it morally and ethically unacceptable? I am interested in femal voice of reason int he SEEEA of so called protectors which, de facto, are male and have LIMITED perspective what is offensive to women.

Cassandra31EEE said:
If a woman doen't shave her legs, she's a lesbian.

I always thought it was "not shaving your armpits" that indicated you were a lesbian. Not shaving your legs just meant that you weren't trying to improve yourself to attract a man. (As Dona mentioned later).

I don't really think that the discussion on Geralt's beard is sexist though.

Cassandra31EEE said:
Question for you ladies: did u hear about the DEAD ISLAND bust controversy? Whats your take, do you find it offensive? Is is sexist? Is it morally and ethically unacceptable? I am interested in femal voice of reason int he SEEE of so called protectors which, de facto, are male and have LIMITED perspective what is offensive to women.

As mentioned above, I frequently DON'T consider things sexist that others do, but I'll join the angry voices on this one. It has an existence in the real world, not just within a game, and that existence is tasteless, sexist, and promoting violence against women in a very creepy way. What does it say about a guy if you walk into his room and see it on display? Wouldn't you find it disturbing?

I find it just a very pathetic piece of trash marketing designed to attract attention through controversy, but if there's one thing these guys know how to do well is marketing and I say that they will get the attention and sales they want.

So ultimately what I think you should do is ignore the topic as best you can to avoid spreading the controversy which is what they want.

I think the bust is just in the line of zombie class C movies, nothing shocking really. Other point is that it is a collectors edition, nobody forces gamers to buy it. My eternal stance is to "grow the fuck up" so maybe I'm a little biased, I dont find thigs like boobs or nudity in general a shocking value (arts school and studies and all that you know... ). Some concerns may be valid as, in short, giving the industry a green light for similar behaviour... but that doesnt mean backlash as a preemptive strike is a right way to go.

Besides I've seen many girl gamers being ok with that collectible. Besides I just love Rob Zombie and the whole Horror and sex agenda ;)

CostinMoroianu said:
I find it just a very pathetic piece of trash marketing designed to attract attention through controversy, but if there's one thing these guys know how to do well is marketing and I say that they will get the attention and sales they want.

So ultimately what I think you should do is ignore the topic as best you can to avoid spreading the controversy which is what they want.

This is true, and I also agree with your suggestion.

wisielec said:
Question for you ladies: did u hear about the DEAD ISLAND bust controversy?
I usually don't care about marketing tricks. And this is a huge discussion. But i 'll tell you this: i think our world must become better, and we won't achieve that with sadism. (Sadism has become something like a religion, it really gets on my nerves).

wisielec said:
I don't really think that the discussion on Geralt's beard is sexist though.
Of course it isn't! It just nails that men are always attractive, contrary to women, who must look after their appearance.

I had to google that, so yeah, their plan is working. It's just cheap marketing, as Costin said. I wouldn't call it "shocking" (so few things are these days), just... cheap. They know they will attract attention. I feel the same about Bioshock Infinite controversy, and about Tomb Raider controversy. And I'm tired of women being used to attract (negative) attention, because the majority will brush it off and forget it a month later, and this kind of thing will continue to be accepted in the real world.

That said, if it were a mannequin in-game, it would've made me chuckle. It would make a great Silent Hill 2 parody. But an actual decorative object? It's a bit too much.

Cassandra31EEE said:
I usually don't care about marketing tricks. And this is a huge discussion. But i 'll tell you this: i think our world must become better, and we won't achieve that with sadism. (Sadism has become something like a religion, it really gets on my nerves).

True.

Top Bottom